pandaphil

Re: > Comfort Hanako

Post by pandaphil »

Katie wrote:Hanako's a man?
Damn, talk about a twist ending...
Attachments
man.jpg
man.jpg (10.23 KiB) Viewed 4296 times
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Hanako would never risk the friendship of the only two friends she has for the affection of one.

As for her hating her birthday, it's a combination of all those things.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
box

Post by box »

YZQ wrote:Ultimately, Hanako needs to know that she answers to no man but herself.
Katie wrote:Hanako's a man?
u wot m8
Ultima01

Post by Ultima01 »

Now THAT is a hypothetical question.

Given Hanako's nature, she'd probably shy away.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I comfort Hanako every time by choosing her route over everyone else's.

WIN
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I comfort Hanako every time by choosing her route over everyone else's.

WIN
Yes. Yes, you do win. Here, have a comforting hug.
Attachments
tumblr_lzwtng8jr21r9gx1qo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lzwtng8jr21r9gx1qo1_500.jpg (45.94 KiB) Viewed 4220 times
Last edited by Selim Bradley on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I get one of those "Take all my money!" responses to that. Not literally, just the feeling of approval over it. Yes, Hanako gets lots of love from me, every time I put myself in Hisao's shoes once again. Oh, and I've created a Perfect World likeness of her too. She's now a dagger-wielding assassin that can turn into a mermaid. Prof
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Help, I need a date reference from one of you Hanako fans out there. Does anyone have a rough idea on what date the park scene at the end of Hanako's story took place? I assume its a few days to a few weeks after Hanako's birthday on July 10th.

I don't really have time to pick through Chapter 4, and I need a date for a new fanfic I'm working on.

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I get one of those "Take all my money!" responses to that. Not literally, just the feeling of approval over it. Yes, Hanako gets lots of love from me, every time I put myself in Hisao's shoes once again. Oh, and I've created a Perfect World likeness of her too. She's now a dagger-wielding assassin that can turn into a mermaid. Prof
Nice. I love Hanako, and I love mermaids. (assassins not so much) so I like that image.

But yeah, I'm with you. Her story is the one I keep going back to, and she features in all my fanfics. Heck, I even just started a new one.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Help, I need a date reference for all you Hanako fans out there. Does anyone have a rough idea on what date the park scene at the end of Hanako's story took place? I assume its a few days to a few weeks after Hanako's birthday on July 10th.
I don't think an actual date was given. Probably a few days after her birthday. Certainly not weeks since Lilly was still in Scotland when it happened.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Four or five days sounds right. Enough time for Hisao to start really getting into a new routine and feeling like he'd accomplished something, as well as giving Hanako enough time to start worrying.
Not Dead Yet
win746

Post by win746 »

.... Well there is this.

Warning: Incredibly evil, and the sequels gets progressively disturbing.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Okay, I'll go with 4-5 days after Hanako's birthday then. Thanks.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

win746 wrote:.... Well there is this.

Warning: Incredibly evil, and the sequels gets progressively disturbing.
...Winning. 8)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Katie

Post by Katie »

Those of you who believe Hanako would never, ever cheat are gravely distorting Hanako's character, overestimating her kindness, and under estimating the effects of her trauma. Hanako is so lonely and love-starved that she will take affection wherever she can find it; for this reason she is the one Katawa Shoujo girl I can never imagine being faithful to a romantic partner. If she could date people in real life, I have no doubt that she would be involved with multiple of the Hanabros who adore her so much at any given time.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Katie wrote:Those of you who believe Hanako would never, ever cheat are gravely distorting Hanako's character, overestimating her kindness, and under estimating the effects of her trauma. Hanako is so lonely and love-starved that she will take affection wherever she can find it; for this reason she is the one Katawa Shoujo girl I can never imagine being faithful to a romantic partner. If she could date people in real life, I have no doubt that she would be involved with multiple of the Hanabros who adore her so much at any given time.
Love-starved? She has Hisao.

Lonely? She has Lilly AND Hisao, not to mention that post-end, there's little if any reason to believe she wouldn't branch out and gain new friends as she does in Lilly's route. Why on Earth would she be lonely?

And you're basing all this on...What, anyway?

The game itself establishes her as kind and quite loyal, both qualities that would prevent any such cheating or at least make it incredibly unlikely, and also gives us exactly zero reasons to believe she would just whore herself out for affection from any guy who wanders across her path.

And yeah, we're underestimating the effects of her trauma. I'm SO CERTAIN that her trauma at being turned on and unfairly abandoned by everyone she thought was her friend would TOTALLY lead her to do the exact same thing to her partner.

The only one distorting her character is you.
Last edited by Xanatos on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."