Shizune Arc

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zailen

Shizune Arc

Post by Zailen »

Hey there! I've posted a few times, but this is my first time creating a thread here, and I just want to say to the folks i haven't met yet, it is a true pleasure! I have no problems admitting that Shizune is my favorite of the characters, with Rin as a close second. (out of the main choices of course, because...Dat misha. She cracks me up, and was surprisingly very very deep to me.), however, I couldn't help but notice that there isn't a whole lot of love for Shizune here, nor anywhere, and I can see why. Shizunists DO exist, but like her, though we can be quite animated about it, we prefer to be quite "muted" about it. hah. im punny. Anyway, I sort of saw her arc in a different way I guess. Maybe because it was the first one I played, and the first one I played a second time too. It was a very different pace from the other stories. I love all of them, but I found myself personally enjoying the ones I can either relate to myself, or of those whome I know that I can attribute to. It felt more personal to me. I guess thats what Shizune was in a sense. She herself reminds me of some folks I know, and the Misha, Shizune relationship is something I know I can personally say that I have experienced, as I'm sure many others can agree with.

I know alot of folks didn't enjoy her story arc, on account of it not being as "intense" as the others, but I really appreciated it for what it was. It gave you feels through the entire story, not just key points in it. Granted, they werent always the "HNNNGG" feels, but it was more of the giddy, mischiouvious, fun feels, where you KNOW you are making memories with people. I caught myself laughing a great many times along with them. They really felt like my friends. I liked that.

Anyway, thoughts? I'm really curious to see if I'm alone in this or not xD
pandaphil

Re: Shizune Arc

Post by pandaphil »

Cool! About time she got a little love around here.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I endorse the fishing trip. The gang did have some fun there.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Did you comfort Misha?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:Did you comfort Misha?
Xan, you HAD to ask....

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Did you comfort Misha?
Xan, you HAD to ask....
Who's Xan? I'm Jigoro. See my picture? :P

(If he hasn't, he needs to.)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

True, the Bad End tells us more about Shizune.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:True, the Bad End tells us more about Shizune.
Same with the rest. :lol:
Pascalla

Post by Pascalla »

I enjoyed Shizune's route!
I liked Kenji quite a bit, so hearing more from him was nice.
Other than that, I was really interested in how Shizune's family didn't really bother to communicate with her in ways that she would understand.
It got me thinking...if I went deaf today or tomorrow, would my family do the same, or would they make an attempt?
I'm not too sure...
It also made me wonder if I would do the same-- actually, I've always wanted to learn sign language so I might have to switch sign out for something else. Maybe another language.
ImageViolently sob as you begin to nod at some of the things that Kenji is saying.Image
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pascalla wrote:I enjoyed Shizune's route!
I liked Kenji quite a bit, so hearing more from him was nice.
Other than that, I was really interested in how Shizune's family didn't really bother to communicate with her in ways that she would understand.
It got me thinking...if I went deaf today or tomorrow, would my family do the same, or would they make an attempt?
I'm not too sure...
It also made me wonder if I would do the same-- actually, I've always wanted to learn sign language so I might have to switch sign out for something else. Maybe another language.
You want to learn sign...So why switch it out?

And unlike Shizune, I have no crippling (ha) fear of pen and paper. :lol: I'd be fine.
Pascalla

Post by Pascalla »

Xanatos wrote:You want to learn sign...So why switch it out?

And unlike Shizune, I have no crippling (ha) fear of pen and paper. :lol: I'd be fine.
I just guessed that if Jigoro and Hideaki actually wanted to learn sign beforehand, like myself, then it might not have been a problem.
Then again Hideaki shows a slight interest in learning it so I guess even if that was the case then maybe the result would still be the same. :?
So maybe switching it out for another language in this situation would be unnecessary after all.

I'd probably just use pen and paper as well. Or I'd type out things in some way!
ImageViolently sob as you begin to nod at some of the things that Kenji is saying.Image
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:True, the Bad End tells us more about Shizune.
Same with the rest. :lol:
That, too.

Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Shizune's story hit me the hardest by a fairly large margin. It didn't help that I got her bad ending as my "natural" playthrough the first time I went through KS.

If A22 is reading this, contrary to what many seem to criticize, I think the amount of implications used in the story, and how much we don't see (as a result of it being between Misha and Shizune) is really strong and makes the story greater than the sum of it's parts.
Also, Misha! After Shizune's story she appeared in such a different light in the other stories, especially those rare moments where she's not acting the Drill Misha.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Pascalla wrote:
Xanatos wrote:You want to learn sign...So why switch it out?

I just guessed that if Jigoro and Hideaki actually wanted to learn sign beforehand, like myself, then it might not have been a problem.
Then again Hideaki shows a slight interest in learning it so I guess even if that was the case then maybe the result would still be the same. :?
So maybe switching it out for another language in this situation would be unnecessary after all.

I'd probably just use pen and paper as well. Or I'd type out things in some way!
As a Deafie myself... Pen&Paper is good for occasional communication, but becomes quite tedious when you have to rely on it. It just doesn't encourage spontaneous conversation. Same goes for typing. Keep in mind that it is not just about you, but also about others. The process with P&P/typing is that you have to write the whole message and then wait for the reply to be written. Though I guess since dating nowadays requires whatsapp to communicate... :roll:
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Kutagh wrote:As a Deafie myself... Pen&Paper is good for occasional communication, but becomes quite tedious when you have to rely on it. It just doesn't encourage spontaneous conversation. Same goes for typing. Keep in mind that it is not just about you, but also about others. The process with P&P/typing is that you have to write the whole message and then wait for the reply to be written. Though I guess since dating nowadays requires whatsapp to communicate... :roll:
Having non-spontaneous conversation can be a good thing. Forces you to think through what you want to put across to the other party. For me personally, knowing that writing or texting is the only way to communicate with a person, I sure won't complain about the speed, since it's either that or nothing.