Haunted house and amusement park

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Haunted house and amusement park

Post by Megumeru »

Recently I went to Fuji-Q Highland during a very fortunate field trip and had the chance to try a number of rides (among those is the 8th tallest roller coaster and the world's scariest haunted house).

Here's a sample of the haunted house's interior (skip to 2:10):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_SqOQo6HJM
For some strange-strange reason, when I was walking the dark halls of the haunted house (designed as an abandoned hospital no less) I was thinking 'huh, Hanako would look great in a nurse outfit and run around as one of the ghosts here'. Unfortunately, that thought led to my own surprise when a 'ghost nurse' jumped me from some hidden room and scared the shit out of me (bitch part about it is that they gave you a flashlight that is designed to die minutes after you walk through the hospital)

But anyway, on the topic. If the girls are taken to an amusement park and--in particular--a haunted house such as that one, would they appreciate the little fun? What rides would they like to try? Most importantly, what kind of face would they make when being scared shit-less :twisted:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Oddball

Re: Haunted house and amusement park

Post by Oddball »

Misha and Emi I can see having fun with it.

Lilly probably wouldn't appreciate it that much.

Regardless as to whether she's afraid or not, Shizune would try her hardest not to look scared.

The others I'm not so sure about.

I can see a few of them having some issues with the Haunted hospital parts though. That's a bit too close to home.
Not Dead Yet
yummines

Post by yummines »

I think for Hanako would be a little awkward, arguably she is the only girl besides Emi who has bad memories associated with the hospital (Even though Emi is an amputee it just says she worked hard rehab)

Rin might be interested, though i dunno if she would show much emotion still. Would love to see Rin's surprised face.

Shizune and Lily something would be lost on them (haunted houses are both visual and audio)

Emi i think would like it. Same with Misha.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Lilly and Shizune probably would not like it, like said before. Lilly would not be able to see stuff popping out at you, and Shizune would not be able to hear the eerie music and sound effects. They could still get scared by the noises, or the visuals though, but part of what makes a haunted house a haunted house would be lost.

Rin - I see her at the start acting emotionless and all that, but agreeing to go with Hisao to it....and then i imagine her getting startled and freaking out for some reason. See a side of Rin you don't see.

Misha - I think she would just have a ton of fun with it, not really be scared at all.

Emi - Not sure how she would take it, for some reason i imagine she would the the one who would get scared of it, not sure why though.

Hanako - Probably would not enjoy it much, with stuff popping out at you and all that, i dont see her enjoying it.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Hana banana would shriek and get scared a lot. She'd enjoy it too if you were there with her and also got scared so you two had to hug each other for security. But whether or not she enjoyed it, she'd say she did.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

I can imagine Hanako would wanna go home already once she enters the haunted house.

Emi would be a lot of fun to come with.

Rin...hmm, Rin. Them ghosts would prolly get pissed trying to scare her off.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
LeHarlz

Post by LeHarlz »

I work in a Haunted House. (And just to say this, that reporter would be over 9000 times more terrified before she even when into ours)
I'll comment the characters reactions and what they be doing in the haunted house, respectively.

Hisao dies immediately when entering. Why did he even consider going in there!? Unless he's scared of nothing and his heart rate stays the exact same. He'd be operating the robotic stuff in the booth.
Kenji goes through either insulting how fake everything looks, being a boss and screaming back at the monsters, or actually getting frightened, particularly by anything that's female. He'd be outside entertaining the customers outside by not acting in zombie space marine gear.
We've never had anyone blind and deaf come through, so I wouldn't know how Lilly or Shizune would act on a regular walk through. Although I assume people would act similarly to when we do the run where we turn all the lights off and have people find they're way through the house that way. Very frightened but sensible enough to keep moving. We do respect our disabled costumers a lot, such as people on wheel chairs, so we would treat Lilly the same way an actual costumer would be treated. In a scary good way! Lilly probably wouldn't have anything to do with a haunted house.
Shizune would only get scared by half of the things, since sound plays a lot of influence of what goes on in a haunted house. She'd be a monster with a noise maker, since she probably wouldn't enjoy yelling at people.
Misha would be a mix of both WHAHAHA~! And EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! The entire way through. So scared she's laughing. I'm not sure how scary she would be...
Emi, probably a less frightened than Misha, but she'd enjoy it as much. She'd be wicked scary with her prosthetic legs some how.
Nurse, "This isn't how you run a doctor's office." First aid staff.
Rin would be focusing more on the artistic details of the haunted house, carefully analyzing the scenes, the make-up, the costumes, the sounds, everything, as if it were a reference to something. That, and trolling the monsters by asking them questions. We could respond, but our response would be limited. She'd be on the make-up/costuming crew.
Hanako, how were you even convinced to be a part of this? Though, if her theatrical side got the best of her, it could be a good confidence boost for her to be one of the actors in it.
Last edited by LeHarlz on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'd think you'd play Katawa Shoujo for a good amount of Katawa Shoujo before Katawa Shoujo keeps you from playing Katawa Shoujo because you're doing Katawa Shoujo in a different sense of Katawa Shoujo, but no!
50% completion and I'm already the Director of the Katawa Seiyu Project: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6818
Something tells me I need to play more KS.
Chariots Chariots
DrNonookee

Post by DrNonookee »

Rin - I see her at the start acting emotionless and all that, but agreeing to go with Hisao to it....and then i imagine her getting startled and freaking out for some reason. See a side of Rin you don't see.
Rin walks along with Hisao through the haunted house - all sorts of freaky ghosts and zombies and mutants and stuff jumping out, and she doesn't even bat an eye. Then they enter a room with a dining table that has a vase of perfectly ordinary flowers sitting on it, and Rin freaks out like it's the scariest thing she's ever seen.

Later, they come to another room where a huge, scary monster wearing glasses and a scarf jumps out. Hisao panics and pulls a Shaggy, leaping into Rin's arms - except she's got no arms, so instead he ends up falling flat on his back onto the floor. Rin looks down at him with a half-lidded stare, gently prodding him with her foot as he clutches at his chest and HNNNNGGGs and the house staff call the paramedics.
Misha would be a mix of both WHAHAHA~!
Except it would be a recording of her laughing that they slowed down and lowered the pitch, so it comes out like some sort of deep, demonic cackle. :twisted:
Now playing: Final Fantasy 14
Charlotte Donnay - Hyperion server. Look me up sometime!
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

DrNonookee wrote:
Misha would be a mix of both WHAHAHA~!
Except it would be a recording of her laughing that they slowed down and lowered the pitch, so it comes out like some sort of deep, demonic cackle. :twisted:
You mean Misha would go:

"WAHAHA *ghost appear* HAAAAAAAA~!!!!"
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

I saw amusement park in the title and was suddenly reminded that I cant ride rollar costars.
I would love to, but they won't let me. :cry:
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
LeHarlz

Post by LeHarlz »

LOL WUT wrote:I saw amusement park in the title and was suddenly reminded that I cant ride rollar costars.
I would love to, but they won't let me. :cry:
Don't worry, you're not missing out on much. Especially if you eat the food at amusement parks. They're designed to work together to make you buy more food. How? It's a barf machine. And then you get hungry again. You gotta buy something and the only food around that's even relatively healthy is the fries, and even that has enough grease in it to go all spontaneously combustion in your stomach! They're out to get you man! Get in your stomachs until you throw up money! DON'T DO IT! EVEN IF YOUR HEART SAYS YES, DON'T LISTEN TO IT! IT LIES! IT'S NOT SAFE! They're designed by women to make men seem weak, but we're not. We're just sensitive to being MAN HANDLED BY THE COLD IRON GRIPS OF GREEDY CORPORATE FEMINISTS! Even if it's a dude who made that piece of work, he's doing it for less of a overall profit that the women get from it. That's a very sexist system right there. I oughta march up to one of those Six Flags and say to put them at half-mass for all the manhood lost. It's a true tragedy our comrades are being brainwashed by the psychic spies into thinking that amusement parks are manly! WRONG! It's not manly to be dominated! And specifically to be dominated by the machines of women while they just sit back and laugh about it. It truly disgusts me. If I had a feel for every dominated man by the theme park feminist agenda, I'd be the most manly man in the world. No, in the universe. It's insane. I can't stand for this. Not now, not ever. I'm boycotting them man. It's not right. I'm not going to be getting on my knees and begging for mercy to any thing caused by a woman! My manhood won't allow it! SO DON'T DO IT MAN! EVEN IF YOU'D LOVE TO, THAT'S WHAT THE WOMEN LOVE, TO SEE YOU CRINGE UNTIL YOU BREAK DOWN, BARF, AND HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER HOT DOG. OVER. AND OVER. AND OVER.
If you need me, I'll be in my fort. Not barfing.
You'd think you'd play Katawa Shoujo for a good amount of Katawa Shoujo before Katawa Shoujo keeps you from playing Katawa Shoujo because you're doing Katawa Shoujo in a different sense of Katawa Shoujo, but no!
50% completion and I'm already the Director of the Katawa Seiyu Project: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6818
Something tells me I need to play more KS.
Chariots Chariots