Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Auratus

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Auratus »

Walrusfella wrote:I remember you posting about meeting this girl a few months ago; as I recall it was at a test or a large study event. Probably the best time to do something about your interest in her was back then. It might be good to ask her out now, if only to know one way or the other so you can try to get her off your mind. She may be expecting it, since you took the trouble to look her up. Perhaps private message something like "I really enjoyed hanging out with you those days at [place/event where you met], would you like to [go out/have dinner/watch a movie/whatever] sometime?". I know that's really difficult; it took all the courage I had at the time to just do it once. It might be best in this case to just rip the plaster off so you can move on, as it were.

Definitely don't try to become platonic friends with her with the intention of asking her out when you're closer; I've seen that sort of thing end in tears, and women really dislike that and consider it dishonest.

You seem to fall in love very easily. That's a charming quality, but I guess it hurts you often. I'm not sure what I would do about that, or even if it's something that needs to change at all. I hope you find happiness.
Asking her out is definitely not the good choice since she is having boyfriend at very now and I would consider that seriously if she is single and pretty close to me by distance and friendship. (Because I have little doubt that men will flock to her as soon as she is single)

But for now, My usually good patience don't work well with distance with her and my current approach is trying to have 2-minute chat with her daily which quite well-received so far and next approch would be helping her homework (especially English). Even I know doing this is mean I forging platonic relation which will eventually shattered with pain and tear for both of us. But telling that I like her for now is too "direct" for me. As it will be shot down easily and may put me in awkward situation which I had enough from my old crush.

I might selfish to doing this but... I want to be her "friend" for now. But to think that it might harm her feeling which I thinking I will and should protect is... let say part of me regret that I send friend-request to her. So, Walrusfella or anyone. What should I do or not do. Best thing I can think of is define some border that if she is close to me to certain point, I will confess.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Uggh. These damn people who are supposed to be working with me to organize college shit seem hell-bent on taking their sweet damn time getting in contact...Might just have to barge in there myself.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Slerbatus

Post by Slerbatus »

I'm that kind of person that draws people near him, i become friend with allmost everyone i meet but there comes the problem. I really don't care what happens to those people (there are few exeptions).
For example if one of my close friends would get a heart attack or fall in to coma, i would not likely have strong feelings like depression.
I also say a lot of things that I don't mean or say things without thinking and people take those things so hard even tought i never wanted to hurt their feelings.
Also i got to know that in my family has lot of cardiovascular diseases and i know that i have some of those.(noticed that my pulse is higher than normally even while im resting)
These are the things kind of hurt me, makes me sad and worried or something.(can't find the right words)
Remember that eventually everything will be ruled by tortoises.
paaruna in skype.
Staffy3

Post by Staffy3 »

Hi, I've recently been feeling very stressed lately over a lot of things, such as my university work, whether or not I am a bother to friends and I even worry about whether... my girlfriend still loves me, odd as it may seem. I've been in a fairly negative mood the past few weeks concurrently and I am considering seeing a doctor about depression (one of our dogs suffered a spinal injury and had to be put down about 3 months back, I miss her so much and just wish I could have done more to help her...)
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Auratus wrote:Asking her out is definitely not the good choice since she is having boyfriend at very now and I would consider that seriously if she is single and pretty close to me by distance and friendship. (Because I have little doubt that men will flock to her as soon as she is single)
I see. That definitely changes matters.
Auratus wrote:I might selfish to doing this but... I want to be her "friend" for now. But to think that it might harm her feeling which I thinking I will and should protect is... let say part of me regret that I send friend-request to her. So, Walrusfella or anyone. What should I do or not do. Best thing I can think of is define some border that if she is close to me to certain point, I will confess.
Well, I suppose my advice would be thus: she doesn't appear to be in a position to give you what you want from her. I don't foresee a favourable outcome for you based on the scenario you describe. I think the best thing would be to not contact her in order to spare yourself pain, but I suspect that's not really what you want to hear. I suppose those things are easy enough for me to say when it isn't my heart in question. Perhaps in time you might be satisfied with just friendship from her - she does sound pretty cool. You know best what you can endure. I'm pulling for you.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Okay i've been signing up with an agency that tracks down programs to help write resumes and get me job training, but something ungodly stupid happened. After nearly a month of no contact i got a call from my case manager. Absolutely no progress was made, in fact she forgot a couple of specifics like which program i wanted to start with.

...it's kind of depressing just how fucking useless mankind as a whole seems to be getting. I finally start getting my shit together but someone else holds me back this time. How can i enjoy Katawa Shoujo and XCOM when i keep expecting the phone to ring and to hear my case manager saying "I'm sorry, i accidentally sold your social security number. Do you have a lawyer?"
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pyramid Head wrote:Okay i've been signing up with an agency that tracks down programs to help write resumes and get me job training, but something ungodly stupid happened. After nearly a month of no contact i got a call from my case manager. Absolutely no progress was made, in fact she forgot a couple of specifics like which program i wanted to start with.

...it's kind of depressing just how fucking useless mankind as a whole seems to be getting. I finally start getting my shit together but someone else holds me back this time. How can i enjoy Katawa Shoujo and XCOM when i keep expecting the phone to ring and to hear my case manager saying "I'm sorry, i accidentally sold your social security number. Do you have a lawyer?"
Humanity's fucked. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Shadix-CF

Post by Shadix-CF »

Wow, reading all this makes me into a mix of sad/disappointed.
Not in you guys/girls, Bro-feel-hugs all around, love you guys/girls. More disappointed at the people who did these things to you and sad about these really unfortunate events that happened to you guys. Makes my problems look like an attention whore bitch-fit really.

Kudos to you guys for powering on when you guys/girls were at your worst! :)
I'll probably share my story (so far) soon enough, but the time is late, and thou must catch some shut eye.
I've seen some shit.
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

Xanatos wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:Okay i've been signing up with an agency that tracks down programs to help write resumes and get me job training, but something ungodly stupid happened. After nearly a month of no contact i got a call from my case manager. Absolutely no progress was made, in fact she forgot a couple of specifics like which program i wanted to start with.

Humanity's fucked. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
Let me guess: You're driving.
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

when did you get back here Myshina?
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

Eraser35 wrote:when did you get back here Myshina?
When Shizune kicked me out of the Secret BDSM Club.

Actually, I've been hanging around the HBHC forum for a week now; and then I was like...Hey, why don't I get back here~! I only logged in on here today.

It's nice to write/read all of you guys again~!
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Welcome back Myshina.

Anyway, not so much a gripe now but a question. Does anyone else here dread the holiday season, or is it just me?
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

@Slerbatus
Sometimes you aren't speaking your mind, right? Well, I have done that a lot in the past and maybe still doing it. I don't sure about you. But to me it's like an invisible and near-invincible wall that kept me from being friend with other. But there are someone out there who will know a way to break the wall and understand who you truly are. But for now, Don't worry too much about your past and your disease. Because it will not likely to heal itself if you thinks too much about it. Live the life.
Oh, By the way, Welcome to forum.

@Pyramid Head Never lose faith in Humanity... Actually don't have it at first. I somehow feels that there are always someone who will screw things up, and it's my duty to fix it if it's ever screwed. Pyramid Head. You can still enjoy your life. You might play XCOM (I heard it's awesome) and gives your team a mission to blow your alien-form case manager's head with laser rifle, or you might once again put on your uniform and cleanse my grammar for the Reich. You are very welcme.

@Walrusfella.
You know, It quite funny. According to her facebook status and some of her feed. She fights with her boyfriend and broke up on this tuesday. She is quite attached to it. I think it is quite... dubious to me to take this "opportunity". But from my "2-minute chat" with her which now actually half-of-an-hour chat. She still maintain her cheerfulness. I probably not someone who she want to cry on shoulder for now.

I actually thought 3 dramatic "plans" to make she feels she can't leave me for time being that is more or less exploit her kindness to satisfy myself, and I glad I ruin it all last night with an intentionally-impromtuous "being a cute daughter to your parent" phrase. she probably know that I like her. But I wish she wouldn't brush me off because "men is all the same" thing. (probably originated from an fenimist) I need some time and some way to prove her that I am not a stalker who want to being her boyfriend. But how?

I feels like she can stabilize and amplify my soul, my determination. She will probably not let me down in my time of need with exchange of my fidelity which I have lots of it. (Well, That's my imagination, anyway. Even I can't conjure a blue umbrella in downpour like Rin, I am quite good at this)

mini-update : To your remark, Walrusfella. I didn't fall in love that easily. I am quite loyal. But somehow have strange thinking that some classmate canbe considered interesting and can be considered as a route as in VNs. But I already "played" and finished my old crush's route, Bad end actually due to some stupid choice. But life goes on and I found my new crush.

Something funny happen today. I got a last year's version of a test which required for medical and dental faculty admission, and my new crush just heard it so she ask me to get another one for her as she want it a lot. We actually secure a deal just before I ask her if she have to take that test at all because she already admiited into another faculty that she wanted already. She is like "lol, I forgot it" and we got a laughter, and a wasted opportunity to send something more than what she asked for to me. I screw that myself lol.

More mini-update: "From now on, There would have no smile." - My crush's post. "Challenge Accepted" - My brain.
Last edited by Auratus on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

@Myshina Welcome back! :D

I realized some things today:
1. Writing 'Lilly♥' on my eraser might not have been a very good idea since I don't have a girlfriend and my class is 80% girls. :?
2. Watching ecchi-anime might not be a good idea once I do have a girlfriend. :?
3. I might be in love again. :D
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:@Myshina Welcome back! :D

I realized some things today:
1. Writing 'Lilly♥' on my eraser might not have been a very good idea since I don't have a girlfriend and my class is 80% girls. :?
2. Watching ecchi-anime might not be a good idea once I do have a girlfriend. :?
3. I might be in love again. :D
Solution: Find a girl named Lilly who will watch ecchi anime with you. :P

@Myshina: If I were driving, we wouldn't all be fucked. :lol: