Another Rin Playthrough...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yipyapper

Another Rin Playthrough...

Post by yipyapper »

I played Rin's route for the second time, and I went through all the endings from worse to best. I was a little hurt by the bad ending, I was close to tearing up for the majority of the act 4 as always, and nearly broke at the neutral ending. I told myself I wouldn't cry this time, and it seemed like I wouldn't and my manliness would be restored.

Then I got to the dandelion field, was ever so close to crying, then the picture with her looking at the horizon made me start to calm down. It seemed like I had won.

Then the quote I have in my sig was spoken, and I was wrong. Guess I'll just have to try again from the top -_-
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
UncleJellyfish

Re: Another Rin Playthrough...

Post by UncleJellyfish »

Spoken like a true Rin♥ lover. Here here!
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

UncleJellyfish wrote:Spoken like a true Rin♥ lover. Here here!
Rin is my favourite character and storyline BY FAR, but I would date Akira more because there is no way I would be able to understand Rin like she needs. And Akira is pretty awesome.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
~Yipyapper
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

I didn't like Rin's route. Not because of Rin, but Hisao. I originally felt Rin would have been my favorite, but Hisao was such a dumbass throughout a lot of it. It felt like most of his choices were either "I'm a dumbass" or "I'll have you know, I'm a dumbass".

Even though I despise Hisao in that particular route, Rin's good end is probably my second favorite end.

When Hisao visits her when she's hopped up on medicine, how does she open the door at one point? She couldn't open the door to leave the art room when you meet her in Act 1. I might be remembering it wrong, but it bothered me...
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
Number 905

Post by Number 905 »

myshoesarebrown wrote:I didn't like Rin's route. Not because of Rin, but Hisao. I originally felt Rin would have been my favorite, but Hisao was such a dumbass throughout a lot of it. It felt like most of his choices were either "I'm a dumbass" or "I'll have you know, I'm a dumbass".

Even though I despise Hisao in that particular route, Rin's good end is probably my second favorite end.

When Hisao visits her when she's hopped up on medicine, how does she open the door at one point? She couldn't open the door to leave the art room when you meet her in Act 1. I might be remembering it wrong, but it bothered me...
I sort of agree with this. My main problem is that Hisao really has a one-track mind in Rin's route, with all of his thoughts and interests pretty much being about her. There's no real growth at all from him.

That good ending really has no equal, though.
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

myshoesarebrown wrote:When Hisao visits her when she's hopped up on medicine, how does she open the door at one point? She couldn't open the door to leave the art room when you meet her in Act 1. I might be remembering it wrong, but it bothered me...
In a scene in Emis route she has no troubles pulling a door closed with her foot, so it's usually more a matter of choice or the other person losing patience - or, as in the act 1 example, the person being unsure/inexperienced/trying to be polite.

Also, just finished playing through her route again, right now, what a coincidence :D
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

zanzarra wrote:
myshoesarebrown wrote:When Hisao visits her when she's hopped up on medicine, how does she open the door at one point? She couldn't open the door to leave the art room when you meet her in Act 1. I might be remembering it wrong, but it bothered me...
In a scene in Emis route she has no troubles pulling a door closed with her foot, so it's usually more a matter of choice or the other person losing patience - or, as in the act 1 example, the person being unsure/inexperienced/trying to be polite.
In the non-canonical but still drawn by devs artwork in the shimmie, the student room doors usually have lever handles instead of round doorknobs. The art room might have a round doorknob.
[shimmie]2276[/shimmie]
[shimmie]2006[/shimmie]
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
zanzarra wrote:
In the non-canonical but still drawn by devs artwork in the shimmie, the student room doors usually have lever handles instead of round doorknobs. The art room might have a round doorknob.
[shimmie]2276[/shimmie]
[shimmie]2006[/shimmie]
Nice find.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
~Yipyapper