Shizune Ending, what happened? *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kocrachon

Shizune Ending, what happened? *spoilers*

Post by Kocrachon »

So I just finished this route last night, and I was in a bit of confusion... Does the main character and Shizune split up after graduation? Do they stay together? What happened? Im so confused :(

Re: Shizune Ending, what happened? *spoilers*

Post by Guest »

It's a bit of a Maybe Ever After - all the endings are, really, aside from Lilly's and maybe Emi's. The point of the route really was to make all three characters - Hisao, Misha and Shizune - prepare for adulthood, and to be honest the actual relationship between Hisao and Shizune takes a back seat in the later acts and focusses more on trust and friendship. They might stay together, they might not - but if they don't, I think Hisao would have the maturity to deal with it when it happens, he knows Shizune's a career kind of gal and a bit unpredictable. When they all leave Yamaku, they're content and finally know what they want in life, and feel prepared to face it.

I personally think they'll stay together and do a bit of a long-distance thing for a while, but if they break up it'll be somewhat amicable.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

It's meant to be open ended.

We've talked about this in several places already, but you can think whatever you want to happen.

A lot of disillusioned Shizune fans have found solace in this fan-made epilogue.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Am i the only one that finds this ending satisfying?
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

Tomate wrote:Am i the only one that finds this ending satisfying?
No. It's one of my favorite ends.
Shizune >>> Emi > Rin = Hanako >> Lilly
Ditsch

Post by Ditsch »

I also love the ending because no matter what happens those 3 will be friends for ever. They might not be able to have a happy ever after
life as a couple but what ever will happen they can "call" each other no matter where they live and help each other.
I am still thinking it's easier to find love then find such friends. (especially for shizune.)
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

Hisao did say he intended to keep chasing after Shizune. So odds are, they'll still end up together. :D
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

quellsnarg wrote:

Yeah, it was a good ending. Bittersweet.

And I love your avatar/icon thing! Shizune's got a total raepface going on there.
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

Sgt_Frog wrote:
quellsnarg wrote:

And I love your avatar/icon thing! Shizune's got a total raepface going on there.
Considering which scene that avatar is from, it would be right at home in that "Bully Hanako" thread. XD
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

scorptatious wrote:
Sgt_Frog wrote:

Considering which scene that avatar is from, it would be right at home in that "Bully Hanako" thread. XD
I.... uh... casually ship Hanako and Shizune together when not with Hisao. I think they'd be really great for each other under the right conditions.

Whoops! But back on topic: I think Hisao at the end of this route is probably the most well-adjusted and independent, which is why I like it so much. I had a really hard time relating to Hisao in Lilly and Hanako's routes in particular so, looking back on it, it's probably a contributing factor to why I didn't like those routes as much as the others.
Shizune >>> Emi > Rin = Hanako >> Lilly

Post by Guest »

quellsnarg wrote: I.... uh... casually ship Hanako and Shizune together when not with Hisao. I think they'd be really great for each other under the right conditions.

Whoops! But back on topic: I think Hisao at the end of this route is probably the most well-adjusted and independent, which is why I like it so much. I had a really hard time relating to Hisao in Lilly and Hanako's routes in particular so, looking back on it, it's probably a contributing factor to why I didn't like those routes as much as the others.
Interesting, your first (spoilered) point. Given how Hanako turns out to feel in her route, I think she and Shizune could actually be good friends if they gave each other a proper chance (not sure about shipping, they'd definitely have different views on sex, but yeah). It'd be rocky at first but they'd have a lot to teach each other.

I also agree with your last one - no matter what happens, whether he and Shizune stay together and it's all Babies Ever After, or they end up breaking up halfway through university, you know that both Shizune and Hisao will cope. They've both matured a ton throughout her route, and that, to me, is a much more satisfying ending.