A Personally Necessary First Post

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Scissors110

A Personally Necessary First Post

Post by Scissors110 »

Hello all,

I know it's all very old news to just about everyone else on this forum, but I just had to post to get these emotions I feel out after completing my first path.

I've never really been one for these types of games. I enjoy a good story, but I usually prefer to read a book or play a game, not the visual novel style that we see here. However, I saw a few posts mentioning Katawa Shoujo sometime last week and I saw that it was free, so I figured what did I have to lose? This game hit so close to home with me and it actually managed to bring a tear to my eye twice during Lilly's route. I played without a walkthrough to make all of the choices my own, and managed to receive her good ending on my first playthrough. I never realized that so many emotions could be stirred up from a story like this, and I just want to applaud the creators for making such a beautiful work of art and for having the good graces to share it with us for free.

I can't wait to start on my next path, I'm thinking I might go towards Hanako this time around. I look forward to talking about this amazing game with the rest of you in the future. :)
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
yummines

Re: A Personally Necessary First Post

Post by yummines »

my first path was Rin, and currently on Shizune. A lot of people's favorite characters are Hanako and Lily for whatever reason, but i can see why.
darkrei

Post by darkrei »

katawa shoujo is almost unique for me...

I've played a bunch of visual novels,it was okay,but it wasn't any different from reading a book or anything,most of the time I even found the story poorly constructed and all.
but with KS...damn.
It was the first time I ever cried to a game (on hanako's route,no less)
It was also the first time I loved a video game character that much....

katawa shoujo is different.
I still can't tell how exactly,but it is.
khaosdvorak

Post by khaosdvorak »

This game has a way of drawing you in. It's almost like you take the place of hiaso. I think that is what makes it so unique. It really has a good 1st person perspective.
When Hanako smiles it makes you feel on top of the world.
When hanako cries.....*HNNNNNNNGGGGGGG* *dies*
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Pretty much the same here. I usually don't read visual novels. I often go all out for games, or stick to books, but not visual novels. But when I heard about this, there was something intriguing, and I was pretty much hooked. I was smiling a lot as I read it and almost crying at some parts. I can't still believe something this good is free.
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

I have to agree, this VN is unique in the way that it has an excellent story that keeps me interested. I've played all paths that I've been interested into, which is something I don't do in games (playing perhaps twice through the storyline, rarely more often than that). I wouldn't mind if 4LS decided to come together again and develop another VN ;)
Cabulb

Post by Cabulb »

I remember crying a lot in Lilly's story. It was just so heart-felt and touching to me. I felt so involved with the story that when it ended I was at a loss and I felt empty. It was definitely a unique and memorable experience for a lifetime. I'm glad I had the chance to enjoy it, because I'd have never expected it to be so moving when I started and it brought out my emotional side.
Aspirin

Post by Aspirin »

Hello and welcome!
The image posted by yummines is perfect to sum up much of what I would like to write...
I was moved often, I cried, I really identified myself with Hisao and even now that I'm close to 100% I still feel the same feels every time I start the game...