Selecting a path without a walkthrough...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

darkrei

Re: Selecting a path without a walkthrough...

Post by darkrei »

I'm a bit surprised how everyone seems to get emi as their first route...

am I the only one that was like "euh...maybe not!" when the nurse told me to exercise more?
yummines

Post by yummines »

darkrei wrote:I'm a bit surprised how everyone seems to get emi as their first route...

am I the only one that was like "euh...maybe not!" when the nurse told me to exercise more?
naw, same. i was like "i got heart problems, you kidding me? exercise more? i already HNNNNG'ed from a love letter, now i gotta run?"

i got Rin first time through. mainly to avoid the manly picnic, but i think its my favorite route so far.
Cabulb

Post by Cabulb »

darkrei wrote:I'm a bit surprised how everyone seems to get emi as their first route...

Nope.

I didn't use a chart until the point walking back with Lilly from the store and deciding to go down the Hanako/Lilly path. Before then I followed my own decisions. I hear Emi is what most people first go onto, but I just went for the more realistic choices for myself if I were in that situation.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I figured since he was the nurse he knew what he was talking about :P
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

That's what i choose. I read that as "I'm going to try to do a bit more exercise, but I don't promise anything."
Not Dead Yet
nemz

Post by nemz »

metalangel wrote:Emi I think latches onto someone she sees pushing themselves through their problems in spite of them.
Sure, but just because she's interested doesn't mean Hisao has to reciprocate.
Rin I think is unfortunately meant to be something of an outcast choice for someone that can't relate to anyone else.
But why can't I get along with some or all of the others while still wanting to know this redheadded mystery better?

The answer is of course that it would make the game way more complicated than the devs were willing to deal with. Perfectly fine and reasonable, but ultimately a bit unsatisfying in a 'but I want MORE!' sort of way. Sigh.
Nope! I got Shizune first, Emi second by just picking differently on every choice that was presented. Rin was definately the hardest to get to, and I actually got my first manly picnic while attempting to find my way to her without a walkthrough. I only turned to charts after getting most of the game completed on my own and still having a few % missing.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

nemz wrote:
metalangel wrote:Emi I think latches onto someone she sees pushing themselves through their problems in spite of them.
Sure, but just because she's interested doesn't mean Hisao has to reciprocate.
Right on. However, training flag means that he does. I ended up liking Emi but she wasn't someone I'd intended to pursue. Gosh, maybe it's 'realism', you can't help who you fall in love with!
But why can't I get along with some or all of the others while still wanting to know this redheadded mystery better?
I actually thought, from the amount of Rin you see early on in Emi's route, that I was gonna end up with her.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Enemy | wrote:I did have to use a guide to figure out Lilly's path as well. It's basically the same as Hanako's except for the last choice in Act 1.
I also got the Manly Picnic ending while doing that, though I had the chance to try Rin's route, didn't want it at that point though.
This is exactly what happened to me. After trying out Hanako's path, I wanted to try Lilly's path. I had no way to no that it is decided at the last minute according to whether you choose library or town, so I purposely didn't select choices such as "Talk to Hanako". And then when the art teacher came, I said "I kinda stuck with her" cause I just knew other option would lock me onto Rin, which I didn't want. BAM. Kenji's picnic. -__-
yummines wrote:Yea it is. If you look at the decisions you make, its fairly obvious what will result in which girl through trial and error.
No, it's not obvious at all. If it's obvious, you wouldn't need trial and error, would you? :?
Maybe Emi's and Rin's are obvious (at least Rin's is obvious when it gets to that point after ignoring everyone else), but not all. Lilly's is quite obscure, for example.
nemz

Post by nemz »

It's really not that difficult:

1) Being confident and bold gets you Shizune
2) Running gets you Emi but only if you didn't also qualify for Shizune.
3) Being bookish, calm, not running and siding against Shizune gives you a choice between Lilly and Hanako.
4) Managing to avoid all the above gives you a chance with Rin.
5) Being a jackass or simply passing up all your chances sends you to the manly picnic.
Last edited by nemz on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

nemz wrote:It's really not that difficult:

2) Being patient and kind with Hanako and Lilly will bring you to a point where you can choose between them based on paying attention to their plans for the day.
This is where I got into the problem. You have to choose to be with Hanako at one or two points to end up with Lilly as well. If not, that damned picnic.
nemz

Post by nemz »

Yep, they're a package deal... which makes sense with them being such close friends and all.

Rin's is trickier, seeing how you have to choose NOT Emi yet still end up spending some time with her in act 1.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

nemz wrote:Yep, they're a package deal... which makes sense with them being such close friends and all.

Rin's is trickier, seeing how you have to choose NOT Emi yet still end up spending some time with her in act 1.
Spending time with Emi, and later Emi and Rin happens in act 1 anyway, right? At least it happened to me all my three times through act 1. Rin's would have been kinda easy for me, though. Keep ignoring all other girls, and choose "Interested in art".
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I had to look it up in order to find out that Lilly even HAD a route. All the choices seemed to lead you to Hanako.
Not Dead Yet
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Oddball wrote:I had to look it up in order to find out that Lilly even HAD a route. All the choices seemed to lead you to Hanako.
That's what most would feel, I guess. It's kinda weird how taking Hanako's path and at the end deciding to go to town puts you in Lilly's path. Anyhow, that is figured out now. :D
Murkglow

Post by Murkglow »

I got Shizune as my first route and I was aiming for it. I didn't really have a problem with getting any route in this game. The only one I aimed for and missed the first time was Rin's and that's just because I took an old save from my Shizune playthrough and picked a different option (I had missed Rin's "middle" scene by that point but I didn't know that at the time) so I ended up with the "bad end" that time instead. Next time I started from the beginning aiming for Rin and got it. To me this really isn't the type of game that needs a walkthrough, there really aren't that many options and what the options do is pretty easy to figure out.
Last edited by Murkglow on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Routes:
Rin > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly