Shizunes bad ending * No Spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tttony2x

Shizunes bad ending * No Spoilers*

Post by Tttony2x »

After playing through the game for my... sixth? time, I have really found Shizune's bad ending... lacking. I felt many things were left unexplained, and I want some other opinions.
Mirrormn

Re: Shizunes bad ending * No Spoilers*

Post by Mirrormn »

Shizune's bad end can only really be understood if you read a lot into the subtext of the story and piece together what's going on behind the scenes and in Shizune's mind. Here's my in depth take on it.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Tttony2x

Post by Tttony2x »

Mirrormn wrote:Shizune's bad end can only really be understood if you read a lot into the subtext of the story and piece together what's going on behind the scenes and in Shizune's mind. Here's my in depth take on it.
One of the reasons I will always love Lilly's, she is so much less complicated, and easy to read. She does not have to be straightforward, because her feelings are so easy to understand. Playing on my own whim, I did Emi's good first without realizing it, I was happy. Going for Lilly though, I was broken because of her neutral ending. With Shizune I just don't feel that understanding.
Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Shizune
Havent done Rin yet, her arc is next.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Tttony2x wrote:
Mirrormn wrote:Shizune's bad end can only really be understood if you read a lot into the subtext of the story and piece together what's going on behind the scenes and in Shizune's mind. Here's my in depth take on it.
One of the reasons I will always love Lilly's, she is so much less complicated, and easy to read. She does not have to be straightforward, because her feelings are so easy to understand. Playing on my own whim, I did Emi's good first without realizing it, I was happy. Going for Lilly though, I was broken because of her neutral ending. With Shizune I just don't feel that understanding.
A lot of folks in the Shizune vs Lilly thread would disagree with that (about Lilly being less complicated and easy to read). Go have a look if you're interested.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

metalangel wrote:
Tttony2x wrote:
A lot of folks in the Shizune vs Lilly thread would disagree with that (about Lilly being less complicated and easy to read). Go have a look if you're interested.
Well, yeah, go have a read.

At least it saves me the trouble of quoting, finding, re-quoting, or write a wall-of-text again analyzing this topic.
This has been said many times before, and I'll say it again: 'Shizune's the love interest of the intellectuals'.

Hmm...easy way to say it, it's like Lenin with the Bolsheviks. Lilly is like Trotsky with the Mensheviks which appeals to the masses. Get the picture?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story