The Bad Endings

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: The Bad Endings

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Guest wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Usually I don't need to complete all the bad endings in a VN either, but in the case of KS, you miss out on a lot if you don't read them.
The best bad end in KS - and in fact in any VN I've read so far - is Rin's. It is so elaborate that I didn't want to believe that all that buildup was for a bad end...
Do you mean her neutral end (where she goes off to art college)? ...
I mean that end, but by no mean do I consider it neutral. They both end up completely heartbroken. In a way... No, not "in a way" - in my opinion it's much worse than the second bad end where they fight but... Well, the same scene is also in the good ending path, so there is still the possibility for reconciliation. The "Rain-End" doesn't have that. Rin leaves for good, and also Hisao's reaction to that is much stronger.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DeleV

Post by DeleV »

For me the Rin neutral end is the second in bad ends. And yes, for me that one is the true bad end since it made me feel much worse than the quick cut off. I suppose Kenji would be third as I don't even rate the other bad ends. They were much too quick to leave any lasting impact. Even the Hanako bad end, which I feared the most, didn't really move me much because Hisao was a world class dick and then it was over.

On the other hand, it's probably a good thing that the limited resources weren't wasted on writing an endless stream of bad ends.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

hickwarrior wrote:Well,t hat's what it is to me. I'm more sensitive when it comes to hurting people, something I'd genuinely hate doing. This is why I would hate bad endings, since I just can't stomach myself being an ahole.
All right. Noone's gonna come to your house, brake your knees and make you play the game "as it's supposed to be played" (don't look at my nick right now).

You just have to know, you're doing the same thing, as the guy who said he can't choose any other path, after finishing Hanako route just not to hurt her.
You're deliberately depriving yourself of the full experience. Keep in mind it's a story that pathwriters wanted to tell you. It has an advantage over a traditional novel, since it can take different course, and to a different outcome, depending on the choice made by it's hero. So called "bad endings" are also parts of this plot, and it's just a decent thing to read them, if only to see what author had to say there. In case of some heroines it can be more revealing than the "good" one, letting you know what makes them tick.

Also it shows your appreciacion to these hard working people toil, for the last five years of it.

Pro tip:
What made it easier for me, was the proper set of mind: Do you remember every time Hisao pissed you off? By his constant whining, improper behaviour and being an ass? Now it's payback time. Show him, he doesn't deserve that girl. She'll be ok, even Hanako, and Rin will manage. They don't need him. Now men up and make him miserable.

Or don't. It's Your choice after all.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ForLackofaBetterName

Post by ForLackofaBetterName »

NoOne3 wrote:
hickwarrior wrote:Well,t hat's what it is to me. I'm more sensitive when it comes to hurting people, something I'd genuinely hate doing. This is why I would hate bad endings, since I just can't stomach myself being an ahole.
All right. Noone's gonna come to your house, brake your knees and make you play the game "as it's supposed to be played" (don't look at my nick right now).

You just have to know, you're doing the same thing, as the guy who said he can't choose any other path, after finishing Hanako route just not to hurt her.
You're deliberately depriving yourself of the full experience. Keep in mind it's a story that pathwriters wanted to tell you. It has an advantage over a traditional novel, since it can take different course, and to a different outcome, depending on the choice made by it's hero. So called "bad endings" are also parts of this plot, and it's just a decent thing to read them, if only to see what author had to say there. In case of some heroines it can be more revealing than the "good" one, letting you know what makes them tick.

Also it shows your appreciacion to these hard working people toil, for the last five years of it.

Pro tip:
What made it easier for me, was the proper set of mind: Do you remember every time Hisao pissed you off? By his constant whining, improper behaviour and being an ass? Now it's payback time. Show him, he doesn't deserve that girl. She'll be ok, even Hanako, and Rin will manage. They don't need him. Now men up and make him miserable.

wow, never really thought of it that way. You make very excellent points... on pretty much the whole thing.
I actually tried to look at it after you said that... but I still wimped out anyways. Oh well.
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
newnar

Post by newnar »

ForLackofaBetterName wrote:
NoOne3 wrote:

Pro tip:

wow, never really thought of it that way. You make very excellent points... on pretty much the whole thing.
I actually tried to look at it after you said that... but I still wimped out anyways. Oh well.

To summarise, play as third person if you wanna get over the chains. Play like you are NOT Hisao but a godlike being floating around him. Then make him SUFFER.
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

I've said this elsewhere on the forum, but you get much more out of the stories if you play the bad endings. All of them, with the possible exception of Lilly's neutral ending, give you more insight into the characters than you get by simply getting the good stories. I'd prefer to do the good endings after, for the feeling of having "fixed" what might have gone wrong, but you're not worse of for knowing more about the girls. Play as you like, I opine that but the bad endings are an integral part of the complete experience of the game. Do yourself a favor and play them, instead of just asking for someone's else's take.
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
hickwarrior

Post by hickwarrior »

NoOne3 wrote:

Pro tip:

Fine, I'll give in. It does help that I know Shizune's bad ending already though...
Me being an overly romantic was just too blind to see what could happen if I let misha stay.
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.