Working at a school like Yamaku?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Fronk

Working at a school like Yamaku?

Post by Fronk »

Do schools like Yamaku exist? KS made me want to teach at one someday. Sorry if my formatting is awkward, im on my phone.
UncleJellyfish

Re: Working at a school like Yamaku?

Post by UncleJellyfish »

That's a good question. Though, if they do exist, they likely won't be anything like Yamaku. That would be neat, though.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Not exactly like Yamaku, no. Schools for students with disabilities exist, of course, but they tend to be much more specialized than Yamaku: for example, schools for the deaf. Hospital schools also exist, but they're more geared towards medium-term students, not a permanent student body (IRL, Hisao might have been able to go to something like this while he was in the hospital).

Also worth noting is that no school for students with disabilities would feature architecture like Yamaku's. Mutou points out that it's not actually very well-designed for accessibility.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

I wondered about this myself. I had the urge long ago to pick up ASL, and playing Shizune's route made me want to do that again. Past just knowing another language (which is a hobby of mine), I wondered how useful it would be to me/how much I could use it to keep it fresh. That led me to wondering if there are dedicated organizations you can go volunteer/get a job with for interpretation or if most organizations just hire their own one-off.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

If not there should be....wish i was rich, Cause from what i seen it would be worth funding
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

When I was a kid I went to day camp, and for swimming we used the pool at a nearby school which specialized in kids with (can't think of any other way to put this) quite severe disabilities. This is the school, and just like Yamaku it's about five minute's drive from one of the biggest trauma hospital in the country (there's a children's hospital adjacent to that too).

The school itself seemed to be a lot like a normal one (I only saw it when it was mostly closed for summer) except for all the added equipment to assist people who were blind or in wheelchairs.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Interesting.. hmmm maybe there is one or two out there....Cause What Yamaku stands for is right...
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
Ivan The Mouse

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

Just a janitor, maybe.

If you know what I posted earlier, this is really a bad idea.
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.