OPINION: Character Music

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

What songs do you agree with/disagree with?

Agree: Hanako/Get Off Of My Cloud
11%
Disagree: Hanako/Get Off Of My Cloud
7%
Agree: Emi/Walk This Way
11%
Disagree: Emi/Walk This Way
7%
Agree: Lilly/City of Blinding Lights
11%
Disagree: Lilly/City of Blinding Lights
11%
Agree: Rin/Comfortably Numb
11%
Disagree: Rin/Comfortably Numb
11%
Agree: Shizune/Pinball Wizard
11%
Disagree: Shizune/Pinball Wizard
7%

Total votes: 27

yipyapper

OPINION: Character Music

Post by yipyapper »

I found that several songs I've heard go very well with certain characters. Please put in Agree or Disagree, you can pick a choice from each character if you wish. Please don't pick agree and disagree for one song, and comment with your thoughts on the subject!

Emi - Walk This Way by Aerosmith; Both had a first time and involved new relationships, and Emi mostly led the way in the romance direction, or teaching Hisao how to Walk This Way.

Hanako - Get Off Of My Cloud hy The Rolling Stones; This was hard to find, but both Hanako and the song has people that don't want to involve more people in their life and want to remain mostly independent.

Lilly - City of Blinding Lights by U2; The song describes how even amidst the blinding lights, the girl sees the beauty inside of the singer, which I found perfectly described Lilly and Hisao. Not to mention the lyrics "Oh, you, look, so, beauuutiful tonight" which also describes Lilly pretty damn well XD

Rin - Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd; The song tells you how the singer is feeling after being given some drugs for his upcoming concert, and his reaction is a dazed, jaded feel that I think describes Rin's attitude perfectly. Not a great description, but the song name fits it perfectly already.

Shizune - Pinball Wizard by The Who; Both are deaf and dumb, and the song shows how Tommy (the deaf and dumb one) is able to do such an extraordinary thing despite his disabilities, and Shizune became student council president and did a great job at it too, which shows the same skill and determination as Tommy despite also having disabilities.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
zanzarra

Re: OPINION: Character Music

Post by zanzarra »

Someone has a lot of fun with the different poll/survey options of the forum lately ;)
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

zanzarra wrote:Someone has a lot of fun with the different poll/survey options of the forum lately ;)
I love polls and opinions, and I am just trying to keep the forums stronger and even more active.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
~Yipyapper
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd could also be a good song for Rin.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
~Yipyapper
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

I wish you had picked songs from a more current era. Not only are all of those songs by bands I don't like (save for U2 on a couple songs and "Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith), but I've never heard of any of those songs. D:
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

UncleJellyfish wrote:I wish you had picked songs from a more current era. Not only are all of those songs by bands I don't like (save for U2 on a couple songs and "Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith), but I've never heard of any of those songs. D:
I guess my list is a little biased, I really like 60-80's music :( sorry, you can post any music you think is fitting. I picked more known older songs to try and fix tht issue, but I suppose I should've kept with the times.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
~Yipyapper
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

I mostly listen to anything from the 90's and later, though most of the currently popular artists are terrible. I can't think of many songs off the top of my head that might fit the characters, but I feel that the song "Absolutely" by Nine Days might sorta almost maybe fit Hanako.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

yipyapper wrote:I guess my list is a little biased, I really like 60-80's music :(
I once joked that I can't think of any band I like with an original lineup that's still alive, or performing together... Of course, that's not true anymore, but classic Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd and AC/DC make strong cases for that...
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.