Fundamental design flaw

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CowPrint

Re: Fundamental design flaw

Post by CowPrint »

I really agree with the OP, I feel like I lack motivation or willingness after playing my favorite heroine's path. Probably because I loved that single path so much! But I know I probably will end playing the rest of the paths eventually.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Nightydreams wrote: Mostly because the game does not pin any particular girl or path as "Central" or "Canon"
Except for Lilly's which is the only one with an epilogue
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

Brogurt wrote:
Nightydreams wrote: Mostly because the game does not pin any particular girl or path as "Central" or "Canon"
Except for Lilly's which is the only one with an epilogue
I think it is actually rather open-ended; basically: the end is what you want it to be. And because of that there are various endings to chose from but no official ending. It is good, this way.
"[...] it's just a ride."
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

When you think about the open-endedness of all of it you come to a... perhaps not revalation but more of a gradual realisation that the endings are fitting to Katawa Shoujo for many reasons but one most particular reasons stands above them all...

Freedom,

All the endings stress the fredom that comes afterwords, how the future is for you to decide and not anyone else, In Shizune's path, Hanakos... Emi's, Rins and Lilly's all the paths end only YOUR real STORY begins.

This freedom is the basis of Katawa Shoujo because isn't the entire Visual Novel about how there is Freedom even when constrained by Disabilities, Hanako's Freedom, The freedom of Emi and Rin, Lilly's assertion of her freedom to care and Shizune's freedom from understanding.

Katawa Shoujo... Is about Freedom,

All the endings, are Free...
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world