KS as Made for TV

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Saraquill

KS as Made for TV

Post by Saraquill »

The idea came into my head as I read one comment too many from an editorial page about parents of the disabled. Most of the commentators wrote about about how their children serve such an [url =" http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... advantaged"]inspiration and life lesson[/url] to them more or less by existing. I began to think, what would Katawa Shoujo look like if Lifetime or Hallmark made it into a movie? I came up with the following:

The Flower Within: After a tragic fire that took her face, poor Hanako goes to Yamaku where she gains strength from her blind neighbor, who doesn't know her terrible secret.
The Song of Shizune: She will not let being deaf turn the volume down on her quest for world domination!
A Lilly in the Mud: Though blind since birth, she learns excellent manners and one day becomes class president.

Also, if KS was ever a Lifetime movie, I'm very certain that Kenji would become the Big Bad.

Anyone else have ideas?
toast

Re: KS as Made for TV

Post by toast »

Lilly probably has some sort of awareness about Hanako's disfigurement. Its not like there's some sort of conspiracy to keep her from finding out.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

toast wrote:Lilly probably has some sort of awareness about Hanako's disfigurement. Its not like there's some sort of conspiracy to keep her from finding out.
This. Lilly is as aware as everyone else at the school about Hanako's scars. But perhaps the OP is setting Hanako's story when she first meets Lilly. Then she could keep it a secret from her for a while.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Bleck, Limetime?...we all know KS would be better if made by SyFy or Disney Channel. Am I right...
What the hell was I just thinking.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

neumanproductions wrote:Bleck, Limetime?...we all know KS would be better if made by SyFy or Disney Channel.
I think the best comment about SyFy making it can be found here
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Bringerof_D

Post by Bringerof_D »

Saraquill wrote: A Lilly in the Mud: Though blind since birth, she learns excellent manners and one day becomes class president.
Lol...^that just sounded so insignificant. The way you wrote it made it seem as though being class president will be her greatest accomplishment in life XD.

honestly i hate those programs. Its great that those kids can deal with their situation but if everyone got a tv spot because they fell down the stairs or got hit by a car...you can see where i'm going with this. Particularly the ones about people born with something like blindness. They dont know what they're missing, so there's no need for pity. It's like telling a salt water fish it has no clean drinking water. I'm sure if everyone who interacts with a person who was born blind does not mention anything related to sight and vision, that they would never realize that humans could see.
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
Saraquill

Post by Saraquill »

Just to be certain, you are aware that I'm being sarcastic and that I disapprove of patronizing "inspirational" movies, right? That's why I specifically brought up networks with a reputation for maudlin productions.
Bringerof_D

Post by Bringerof_D »

assuming you're talking to me, no i didnt know you were sarcastic and disprove. but i dont think that really matters, i mean i wasn't bashing or anything. It's a funny idea, i just felt like bringing that up.
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
Sid Vicious

Post by Sid Vicious »

neumanproductions wrote:Bleck, Limetime?...we all know KS would be better if made by SyFy or Disney Channel. Am I right...
What the hell was I just thinking.
what were you thinking i would not watch the show if it was on disney if anything it should be on HBO
I'll die before I'm 25, and when I do I'll have lived the way I wanted to-RIP Sid Vicious

Hanako > Rin > Lily > Emi > Shizune