some stuff...

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
buckbok

Re: some stuff...

Post by buckbok »

Oh and I know it sounds contradictory to say that its nice to see fanart, and also to tell you not to draw fanart for now, but it is indeed necessary to break away from the superficial surfaces and go in-depth to understand better the way the body works. Plus, you'll feel a lot better when your drawings begin to gain depth and life. :)
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Buck speaks some truth. Spending a while trying to copy other people's drawings (and sometimes photos, although the proportions aren't quite the same as anime style) as closely as possible was the only way I was able to gain any confidence with human anatomy. I've still got a ways to go personally but it's pretty amazing how much a little of that kind of practice can help, since it forces your brain to make sense of exactly how the different lines and angles add up into a complete figure. But yeah, like anything else, it basically just takes a lot of practice.

Also, bonus tip: If you find a pose you like, try copying it as closely as you can, but take off the clothing. Not only will this help your mind wrap around anatomy and how clothing falls, but you can basically become your own instant ecchi factory. ;) You can also try drawing a nude figure and then adding clothing on top of it, although that's not as much fun for obvious reasons.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

corona borealis

Post by corona borealis »

griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Mussy hair is mussed.

Cute!
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Fhegy

Post by Fhegy »

You know what? Those aren't bad. Better then I can do anyway! :D
Keep practice, 'Cuse You can only get better right?
I like toast!