The future

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: The future

Post by Aura »

We aren't against it as such, in fact at least I vastly prefer a more coherent overarching story (Saya no Uta, though it's kinda extreme case. The Dreaming is a good one too) than a parallel universe style paths that diverge heavily (KS). However it's much harder to pull off, even if you'd be satisfied with parts of the game becoming skipfests for people who want to see every ending. Coordination difficulties, and the fact that we don't really have, or want to have a single person who'd be responsible for the direction KS is going are reasons to the separation of the stories, rather than some developement paradigm.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

ElisaMasah wrote:I suspect lot of people will gadly kill Shizune too ... yet she has Plot Shield, something Misha sadly lack ...
And she is a bit loud ...
I know this is not the subject of the thread, but this actually bothers me. Why are they hated so much? Because they have clear personality flaws? Shouldn't that make them more lovable? I mean, all the character's have flaws but it's usually ones who's only real function is to make them cuter(Lilly's obsessive politeness, Rin's flightiness, Hanako's shrinking violet-ness, Emi's... general genki foolishness, I guess). I actually think it's sort of nice for one of the main character's to have honestly "bad" sides to them. Sure, I guess I would have hated a girl like her in real life, but that doesn't make her any less interesting as a character in a story.
Is anybody with me or am I being weird again here?
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Minister of Gloom wrote:I guess I would have hated a girl like her in real life
That's basically why, and it's a sign that Katawa Shoujo is well written; people judge the characters as if they were real people, rather than "Oh, I find her combination of personality archetypes appealing and well developed". If you wouldn't like the character in real life, you tend to dislike that character.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Why is everybody so eager to kill Misha? What did she do to deserve this? :|
Not any problem with Misha per say, but more of a problem with her fans continual cries of, "Why doesn't my Misha-sama-wifu have have her own path!!". (Insert fanboy wailing, gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes.) The antics got tiresome for everyone else over time; and so, thus was born the slogan, "Misha must DIE!!".
Not that the slogan has any implications to the full story. It is as much ignorant meddling by the peanut gallery as the Misha path proponents.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Why is everybody so eager to kill Misha? What did she do to deserve this? :|
I like Misha, but everyone has a different theory about her disability, and mine just so happens to be that the drill hair is a pink cancer wig. :twisted: Plus, she's like the KS mascot, so she's a convenient butt monkey.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

good time to repost this
Attachments
mishafags.jpg
mishafags.jpg (71.44 KiB) Viewed 4060 times
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

KS, monitored by the US military since the 1960s.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Aura wrote:good time to repost this
I'm sure the Mishafags just WAHAHA'd the US psy ops.

I still say it wouldn't be bad to kill Misha!
Attachments
1270794534322.png
1270794534322.png (271.92 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

A lot of people probably hate Misha for her association with Shizune. As the only confrontational heroine, Shizune was bound to make some enemies among the fans of the other girls. As Shizune's best friend, Misha probably can't escape the anger. These people would write Misha off as annoying, just to find something to not like about her.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Darroth

Post by Darroth »

G3n0c1de wrote:A lot of people probably hate Misha for her association with Shizune. As the only confrontational heroine, Shizune was bound to make some enemies among the fans of the other girls. As Shizune's best friend, Misha probably can't escape the anger. These people would write Misha off as annoying, just to find something to not like about her.
I agree somewhat. I've wondered what Misha would be like one on one with Hisao.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Darroth wrote:I agree somewhat. I've wondered what Misha would be like one on one with Hisao.
Sweaty and slightly awkward.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Minister of Gloom

cpl_crud wrote:
Darroth wrote:I agree somewhat. I've wondered what Misha would be like one on one with Hisao.
Sweaty and slightly awkward.
Yup, there is actually a point in the demo in which Shizune goes to get drinks or something(?) and you are left alone with Misha, and she has no idea what to do. My thought was that the relationship between her and Shizune might actually be a lot more symbiotic than it might seem. She is mouth and ears for both of them, but Shizune is the brain.
Separating the girls for a long period of time might be a very interesting experiment.
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Agree ... Misha is indeed so get used to be a Shizune extension that she really need some time to develop some thought on her own ...

And for the Haters ...
Attachments
Doom.jpg
Doom.jpg (104.04 KiB) Viewed 3862 times
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Separating the girls for a long period of time might be a very interesting experiment.
Its an interesting idea, but it would be a pain in the neck for writers and potentially can result in way more waiting for us tho...

Consider it as one of the lost opportunities or the path that never was... but you'll never know if the final KS would have a few Misha-only scenes dotted around in Shizune's path to briefly quench the curiosity of some Misha fans...
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Minister of Gloom

I don't want the writers to bother themselves with this too much. Just a fanfic idea or something.