Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tweaked

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Tweaked »

Hooray!

raven8 and I finally made our one million point mark. Let's keep it going guys.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Tweaked wrote:Hooray!

raven8 and I finally made our one million point mark. Let's keep it going guys.
Gratz, that is a lot of cycles to reach that.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
cemex

Post by cemex »

Hey guys, I've got a question: what are your reasons for joining this project?

The main thing that I have a great-aunt and a great-uncle that have developed dementia, one of whom has just passed away a few days ago. I figured that if I contribute to this project, it will mean that I will be able to help scientist develop ways to treat and prevent such conditions in the future. I believe that this will mean that others wil nt have to go through the same thing again.

And then there is also the fact that Terry Pratchett has Alzheimer's and I want to help ensure that society doesn't lose any mre people like him in the future
JetAlone wrote:Run the latest SMP client plus the GPU client. You'll want to configure the SMP client so that it doesn't fight with ABC@Home for any of the cores. For example, if ABC@Home is using 1 core, you can set the SMP client to only use 3 cores.
Thanks for that. I've just got a quick question though: How do you determine the core network address of each core in a CPU?

Get chance and luck
Bara

Post by Bara »

cemex wrote:Hey guys, I've got a question: what are your reasons for joining this project?
In a nutshell I'd say I like the idea I'm contributing to the store of scientific knowledge. Even if the individual proteins I'm helping model are total flops as far as cures then it might mean they confirm which other avenues need to be followed up on for later testing. And you never know what might be discovered by chance from the data. On rare occasions things are found in data that were not thought of when the experiment was planned. Maybe it isn't a cancer cure but a better surgical adhesive that is discovered.

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Kota

Post by Kota »

I'm back. Running GPU 24/7 on my now-outdated tower at home, considering running the SMP as well, though I don't think it'll take that very well. Also occasionally running GPU and SMP on my G73jh, this laptop is a killer (Mobility 5870, Core i7 720m).

I thought I'd fall in the standings a bit more, but whatever.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Pumpkineat3r

Post by Pumpkineat3r »

cemex wrote:Hey guys, I've got a question: what are your reasons for joining this project?
I saw it as a way to give something back to the development team, who are working hard on something that I'm going to get a lot of enjoyment out of, then giving it out for free. After I read up on what f@h was, I thought to myself that this may create some positive exposure for the project, which I'm not sure has materialized. At this point in time I take pride in the the way our team has built up from next to nothing and climbed past literally thousands of teams to where we are now; I remember having about twenty members (total, not active mind you) back in the day, with produciton that barely cracked five digits.
DESU

Post by DESU »

We just broke the 250 mark!

also, Bara and Wokka are credit to team
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Wokka

Post by Wokka »

*woot* I broke 800k!

Too bad my production is going to drop significantly for the next few months. My 2 main producers are 5 feet from my bed. I don't mind the noise, but they raise the room temp by 10-15 degrees if I leave them on 24/7. It's nice in the winter; horrible in the summer.

So, someone come push me out of the top 8...I won't put up much of a fight.

Wokka
You know, like Pac Man: wokka wokka wokka wokka

Bara

Post by Bara »

No, I have been slacking the past couple of months.
Geeez, I just realized the KS FAH Team is getting close to 1 year old and we are ranked in the top 300. Nice work everyone! :D

Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Congratulations on breaking the 250 mark guys.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

It helps people/advances reasearch, it's a really cool idea as far as computing goes, and it takes practically no effort at all on my part. If I'm leaving my computer idling anyway, I try to run it.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Kota

Post by Kota »

Congrats on 250.

I just broke 1 million points, feels good.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Kota wrote:Congrats on 250.

I just broke 1 million points, feels good.
It's ok, just glue it back together and we won't narc on you. :D
(just be glad you didn't say you just "passed" a million points. I could have taken it and run with that gag FOREVER...)

Pumpkineat3r

Post by Pumpkineat3r »

Thanks for the plug in the dev blog. Our daily production has had a healthy upswing recently.
DESU

Post by DESU »

well my 2 top clients are out of commission because of microshit's bluescreen 7. the GPU client now does nothing but cause bluescreens after repeated attempts to restart the client (hell, looking at the viewer it doesn't even fucking move), and the cpu client seems to work but moves slower than a Pentium 1 computer, yet the XP client works like a charm. and the 2k and 98 clients can't get a packet to work out. so I effectively have been reduced to one client.

and the ironic part: the XP computer is the one with the most problems (not the original OS, bad/missing drivers, ect)
Last edited by DESU on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.