If you have a disability, what would it be?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Csihar

Re: If you have a disability, what would it be?

Post by Csihar »

kosherbacon wrote:Some missionaries just came to my door now to read several dozen Bible passages.

I pretended to have a bad leg that hurts to stand on so they'd go away. I shoul'dve pretended to be deaf. Or better yet blind, since I doubt they had materials in braille. Anyone want some pamphlets?
Personally, I think Tourette's would have been more fun. (Yeah, a disorder not a disability, I know :roll: )
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

kosherbacon wrote:Some missionaries just came to my door now to read several dozen Bible passages.

I pretended to have a bad leg that hurts to stand on so they'd go away. I shoul'dve pretended to be deaf. Or better yet blind, since I doubt they had materials in braille. Anyone want some pamphlets?
Hey, man, you've got some free toilet paper, don't complain.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Sleet

Post by Sleet »

I don't understand this thread. Are we supposed to be listing medical problems we have and overdramaticizing them as disabilities?

Or more of a "if you were a kind of tree, what kind would you be?" deal, but with disabilities?

I'm going to go with priapism.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Sleet wrote:I don't understand this thread. Are we supposed to be listing medical problems we have and overdramaticizing them as disabilities?

Or more of a "if you were a kind of tree, what kind would you be?" deal, but with disabilities?

I'm going to go with priapism.
Heh, nothing so strictly defined. Also, that is one strangely appropriate condition for a VN.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

Ingame

Post by Ingame »

My disability would probably be narcolepsy, obviously cause i tend to sleep a lot ^_^
Maa! Maa!! Maa!!! ^_^
contown

Post by contown »

I have literally no sense of smell whatsoever due to a diverted septim. If you put a blindfold on me, I couldn't tell the difference between a porti-potty and a field of flowers. Does that count as a disability?
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

contown wrote:I have literally no sense of smell whatsoever due to a diverted septim. If you put a blindfold on me, I couldn't tell the difference between a porti-potty and a field of flowers. Does that count as a disability?
Smell-blindness? Sounds like a disability to me. Although, I can think of many instances where that would come in very handy... (most involve poop.)

Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

My only concern about smell blindness is that it would also probably involve taste blindness. And that would not be very nice at all.
As for my disability... I guess I will go with dysphonia or aphonia. I don't speak much anyway(that is, with my physical voice...), so that would probably be the smallest pain possible without being a cheap evasion like "no pinky".
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Tahtorak

Post by Tahtorak »

If being completely, hopelessly insane doesn't count as a disability, then my disability would be narcolepsy. I already suffer from insomnia, so maybe the two would cancel each other out. :D
.., ,
-M
Minister of Gloom

I have some kid in my school who has an extremely weird sleep disorder that basically makes him nocturnal. His biological clock tells him to sleep when it's sunny and to wake up when it' dark. It's like being a vampire, I think, only without all the other vampire traits. So it's actually not really like being a vampire at all, just sleeping during the day. That sounds less cool.
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Minister of Gloom wrote:I have some kid in my school who has an extremely weird sleep disorder that basically makes him nocturnal. His biological clock tells him to sleep when it's sunny and to wake up when it' dark. It's like being a vampire, I think, only without all the other vampire traits. So it's actually not really like being a vampire at all, just sleeping during the day. That sounds less cool.
I'm pretty much like that, but just because I'm an extreme night owl and have a fucked up sleep schedule (and no job). I don't remember the last time I went to bed before 5 am. So, I'm not sure how much of a real disability that is... although it can be annoying as hell sometimes.

Minister of Gloom

I guess it depends on the origin of the inability to sleep. It can be considered a disability if it comes from some sort of chemical imbalance in the brain(or whatever it is that he has), yet it cannot be called one if it comes simply from staying up all night as a lifestyle choice. Just like you don't say a person is blind(you know, medically and legally and all) if he chooses for some obscure religious reason to live with his eyes closed.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Well, it doesn't really have to be a problem. Remember Sgt Colon and his wife?

ze spy

Post by ze spy »

I'm already blind in one eye so I guess that. (And no, I was born with it so it doesn't look that weird.)
"That weird motherfucker"
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

ze spy wrote:I'm already blind in one eye so I guess that. (And no, I was born with it so it doesn't look that weird.)
Tell us an embarrassing story about a time where you misjudged size and/or distance. (not including sexual acts)