Of and on Rin

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: Of and on Rin

Post by G3n0c1de »

Dritz wrote:I wanted a little bit of insight as to how it effects her, but was side tracked by people questioning whether or not it even affected her.
You'll probably find out all of this in the full game. Why would the devs reveal details about specific parts of the game before release?
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

I completely agree with G3n.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Yep, I'm also agreeing with G3n; through Act 1 we only have a relatively few hours of experience with Rin to try to get a handle on her rather unique nature. Demanding a detailed analysis without the full release is kind of like insisting on tearing apart a stage magicians props and strip searching him searching for hidden pockets and secret compartments before the show is even performed. I'd with hold detailed analysis until we have more than 20-25% of the finished product in our grubby paws. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Dritz wrote:I wanted a little bit of insight as to how it effects her, but was side tracked by people questioning whether or not it even affected her.
I am sorry if I misinterpreted your intentions. I will try to remedy that.

A disability as severe as Rin's excludes a person from normal society quite bit. It's important to note that the physically impaired person who has always been disabled has been denied what we could call a normal childhood. That means that the bumbling beehive of activity that we associate with young children is more or less lost on the disabled person thus banning him/her to the sidelines.
And there standing on the sidelines, watching, waiting for something to happen you will find your thoughts wandering, losing yourself in wonders others perceive as mundane or uninteresting, developing strange patterns of speech or behaviour to mentally struggle against the restraints nature has put upon you and, of course, to pass the time.
If it has been like that your whole life you might become odd to all the people who cannot relate to your situation, since it is important to remember that we are talking about adolescents. These people will, of course, come into contact with you, together with their perverse fascination for your condition. And your blunt and odd personality is one weapon to drive those supposedly "nice" people away or at least filter them so you can see who is only showing pity or who finds you genuinely interesting and is generally fun to be with (like Emi or Hisao).

Anyway, one of the points I made earlier, the innuendos Rin keeps up making, are perhaps one of the effects of her disability. As we all kow she needs help for such intimate tasks as help with her period. Someone who is used to have his intimate parts handled by other people on a daily basis looks at his/her body with less shame and is therefore a little bit more uninhibited about talking about the topic (unless they do not want the recipient of their information feel too embarassed).

And reiterating what the above posters rightfully said... full version ... whole new dimension .... delving deeper into the personality ... yadda yadda ... you have read it before.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.