Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Zarys »

Elessar isn't real ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Zarys wrote:How you know it ?

Pascal's Wager
Common sense. You send three messages. In a month's time, you get no response. Common sense says "Welp, she's not interested." And Pascal's Wager is garbage. Really terrible comparison to draw.

And believe me. I am a very possessive and demanding person. I was basically a stalker for a while some years back. It seemed fine at the time, but it was super fucking creepy and irritating in retrospect. I know how this goes. :lol:

(The stalking thing got better. I'm still possessive and demanding but more aware of it [and the reasons behind it], and thus able to rein it in better.)
Last edited by Khalego on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Khalego wrote:

Pascal's Wager
Common sense. You send three messages. In a month's time, you get no response. Common sense says "Welp, she's not interested." And Pascal's Wager is garbage. Really terrible comparison to draw.
Exactly this, I wasnt around to respond directly, but this is pretty much what i would put.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Khalego wrote:

Pascal's Wager
Common sense. You send three messages. In a month's time, you get no response. Common sense says "Welp, she's not interested."
I get the feeling I've been trying to explain common sense to someone without any. Logic, too. Oh well. I'm dizzy from going around in circles for so long and want to get off and throw up now.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Well...I just think that the invit of Elessar is a good choice... :roll:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Zarys wrote:Well...I just think that the invit of Elessar is a good choice... :roll:
Okay. Fine. Great. Just one question though: Can you go on thinking that without being ridiculously smug? You've called us "paranoids", touted yourself as the one reasonable person here as if we're all just blathering idiots, accused us of gender-biased double standards (repeatedly), repeatedly voiced the mindset of "Just admit he took my advice so you're all wrong!" like it's a contest when it's not and just generally been a big ego balloon that someone popped and splattered all over the place.

By the way, it's "invitation"...Or "invite"...I'm not really sure what's being said. :lol:
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

As someone who has been through alot of this kind of thing before he wound up with his current long term GF, trust me, if she dosent respond after a few messages, she dosent want to.

The main thing you need to remember though is this:
She dosent really care if you're inlove with her

I know, stings, right? If you keep messaging her, she dosent see it as "Romantic" in a "Look how infatuated with me he is, aww" it will 99% of the time be a "What the heck this creep" response,

Some girls may say "Im flattered you think that way" in reality, they just dont like you, and thats something we have to deal with, if it dosent work do you best to move on and try again.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

It's certainly why he will stop after these last trying...I don't know, what Elessar did don't seems to go to far for me, exactly at the reasonable limit.
It's just messages, guys.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Zarys wrote: It's just messages, guys.
It isn't, but you have proven it's impossible you'll consider or even comprehend why.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

And is it a really serious problem ?
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Why else would I have tried to make you understand another viewpoint?
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Zarys wrote:It's just messages, guys.
So are 4chan's occasional piles of rape and death threats. "It's just messages" is a very harrassmenty mindset when taken to its logical conclusion. Messages have meaning behind them. In this case, that meaning is at the very least "I can't take a hint." and at the very worst "I may become dangerously fixated on this." The worst case isn't likely but then the best case isn't exactly pleasant either.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

You know how in dating sims you'll meet a girl and she'll just completely blow you off, then you follow her around, talk to her, give her things, and everytime you do your points increase and she likes you more?

That's not how people work.

If somebody says "get lost creep," or even just ignores you, you're not going to get them to like you more by sending out more messages, or phone calls, or letters, or anything like that.

Instead you do the opposite.

Everytime you make your presence know, you likes you less and less. Whether she's building up towards hate or fear or both, doesn't matter. She doesn't like you and you're only making her not like you more. She doesn't care you intentions. She doesn't care that you think you deserve her. She doesn't care how you feel. She just doesn't like you. Any attempt at apologizing or making her understand or trying to find out what she mans by something is only going to make her like you less.

She owes you nothing.
You deserve nothing.

She's a person with her own likes and dislikes and needs and wants and all the baggage that entails.
Not Dead Yet
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

And is it a really serious problem ?
Promise me you'll never visit Japan. :lol:
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Oddball wrote:You know how in dating sims you'll meet a girl and she'll just completely blow you off, then you follow her around, talk to her, give her things, and everytime you do your points increase and she likes you more?

That's not how people work.

If somebody says "get lost creep," or even just ignores you, you're not going to get them to like you more by sending out more messages, or phone calls, or letters, or anything like that.

Instead you do the opposite.

Everytime you make your presence know, you likes you less and less. Whether she's building up towards hate or fear or both, doesn't matter. She doesn't like you and you're only making her not like you more. She doesn't care you intentions. She doesn't care that you think you deserve her. She doesn't care how you feel. She just doesn't like you. Any attempt at apologizing or making her understand or trying to find out what she mans by something is only going to make her like you less.

She owes you nothing.
You deserve nothing.

She's a person with her own likes and dislikes and needs and wants and all the baggage that entails.
Pretty much this, combine this paragraph with what i wrote and thats basically what girls really think when you do shit like this.