Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CoffeeDrive

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by CoffeeDrive »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
Dont provoke the Jimmy Rustling, the Faction Generals do not take kindly to such provocation.

Shizune: Idon'tfuckingknow, anyone have ideas?
Points at megumeru
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
d2r

Post by d2r »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Points at megumeru
Shizune master race here :P

I think it's more that fans of the route aren't as vocal about declaring her as their waifu as the Emi & Hanako fans often appear to be.
Last edited by d2r on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

d2r wrote:

I think it's more that fans of the route aren't as focal about declaring her as their waifu as the Emi & Hanako fans often appear to be.
Indeed. She's the silent dictator, the ultimate waifu that dosent show herself.

d2r

Post by d2r »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
d2r wrote:

I think it's more that fans of the route aren't as focal about declaring her as their waifu as the Emi & Hanako fans often appear to be.
Indeed. She's the silent dictator, the ultimate waifu that dosent show herself.
Crouching tiger, hidden waifu?
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I don't get Emi and Shizune.

I really don't understand why some like so Emi, ok she is cool but she is very banal, what is unique about her ? she was my first KS girl, and it was nice but this character would seems flat to me if I have played an another before, I suposse she is popular only because she is the first girl of many.

And Shizune ? she is just...boring, this Route is not so bad (But I don't see why her route is "so intellectual and subtle", more subtle than it looks first with ridiculous characters like Jigoro, a story isn't subtle because you must think about what the writer misspoke), Kenji and Misha are awesome in this Route but Shizune herself...she's so cold...
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
d2r

Post by d2r »

Zarys wrote:I don't get Emi and Shizune.

I really don't understand why some like so Emi, ok she is cool but she is very banal, what is unique about her ? she was my first KS girl, and it was nice but this character would seems flat to me if I have played an another before, I suposse she is popular only because she is the first girl of many.

And Shizune ? she is just...boring, this Route is not so bad (But I don't see why her route is "so intellectual and subtle", more subtle than it looks first with ridiculous characters like Jigoro, a story isn't subtle because you must think about what the writer misspoke), Kenji and Misha are awesome in this Route but Shizune herself...she's so cold...
inb4spunkysixrage

As for Shiz, well, I liked her route for the writing, not because she's my ideal girlfriend (she and I would actually get along poorly IRL). What do you want me to say? :p

EDIT: For the record, I don't really have a favourite route - I like them all, and back Shizune in arguments because I'm deeply perverse and like to back the least popular side.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

d2r wrote:

inb4spunkysixrage

As for Shiz, well, I liked her route for the writing, not because she's my ideal girlfriend (she and I would actually get along poorly IRL). What do you want me to say? :p

EDIT: For the record, I don't really have a favourite route - I like them all, and back Shizune in arguments because I'm deeply perverse and like to back the least popular side.
Well, I understand but a antiphatic central character is a major flaw for me.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Ring Ring
"Hey Spunky, its me coffee, someones talking bad about Emi again, can I get your help over here? Cool, Thanks."

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Come on ! it's not as if Hanako was really questionable exept the "BURN JOKES TROLOLOLOL" thing.

Emibros Versus Me who said "come on!" ...this song is apropriate : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXR0T5mJ68
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Zarys wrote:Come on ! it's not as if Hanako was really questionable exept the "BURN JOKES TROLOLOLOL" thing.

Emibros Versus Me who said "come on!" ...this song is apropriate : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXR0T5mJ68
First of all, Im not a rapper.

LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Oh shit... I can feel Spunky at his Spunkiest coming to kick the shit out of you.
Rustle to the max.

Megameru is coming as well for Shicchan.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

WHAT!? Well be prepared for a rant my friend :P I'll leave Shizune to someone else.

Emi: Emi is incredibly original"The fastest thing on no legs", overcoming her very obvious problems, she has learned to run again. Not only that, but overcome the emotional, mental, and physical trauma of a horrific car accident. losing both her father and her legs. She has had to put on a strong face, and not let anyone bring her down because she is scared of losing again, scared of getting hurt. Yet, she is there; helping Hisao every step of the way. From his health to his friends, eventually Hisao wants to help her. That's when she breaks down, the strong can only be strong for so long; Until they break down,eh? she built up Hisao, so he would be stronger,and wiser. Now he is there to help her up when she falls. Always there to help each other up on the great race that is life.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Right then, everyone, dig the trenches and get ready. We're about to get hit by six spunky storms of absolutely awesome alliteration.

Emi is... Happy. She's just happy. I dunno, she's just a fun type of person... Also, small boobs. I prefer them small.

Shizune, meanwhile? I take offence to you calling her boring, for I am at least 33% Shizune! I agree, her route is boring, mainly because of Misha *ducks to avoid flame bombs* and Shizune being cold? That's badass, man. Only thing is, I kinda don't want to be the controlled one in a relationship.

But yeah, wait until Spunky returns and prepare for a whooping.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

CoffeeDrive wrote:

Ring Ring
"Hey Spunky, its me coffee, someones talking bad about Emi again, can I get your help over here? Cool, Thanks."
On it.

What's unique about Emi? Banal? Gotta admit, first time I've heard this one. What's unique about Emi.

Well, first off, most "cheery girls" don't have the heart she does. Usually in an anime with a cheery girl of sorts, the chick looks and acts like she'd be dead after a single mile. Not Emi. Emi not only can take the hurt of running for longer than a lot of people would believe, she managed to get moving again after losing her legs. Most people would have been done on the scene of the accident, because it's a really convenient excuse to stop. Not her. She doesn't quit, ever, and I love that.

Besides the mental aspect of that, of course, is the fact that she's just really healthy. You don't see that being prominent in characters often enough, and it's not just admirable, but really cute too. I wanna get nagged at to stop eating cake. It's also nice that she runs specifically, because that isn't a sport that is represented in fiction often enough, and because it's something we share in common.

Emi is also surprisingly straightforward with what she wants romantically and sexually at times, which is great for somebody who misses hints. She flat out tells Hisao when she wants a kiss, which is great. She even has the guts to straight up ask for anal, which is also great. Which reminds me- she's very flexible sexually, and seems to have a lot of energy there too, both points that don't come out often in characters.

Nextly, her kindness. A lot of characters are willing to help people in need, but most of them don't go to such lengths as to continually reach out to a total stranger new kid long after he appears to have given up on life. Even if you don't pick Emi's route, she continues being super nice to Hisao and tries to help him with his health. She even invites him to lunch after he gives up on the track, (something she hates, remember) and manages to be encouraging about it.

Continuing on, not many characters can keep up with Emi when it comes to playful banter. In addition, she has enough of a sense of humor where I wouldn't feel awkward really being myself around her, which is good because I tend to do that regardless. I wouldn't get a weird look if I made a sex joke, I'd get another sex joke, or at the very least a giggle or pretend shaming.

Furthermore, she doesn't fall into a stereotype. She isn't just a constantly cheery genki girl, she isn't a tired tsundere archetype or a flat moe character- she can't just be defined as one thing. In that sense, she's very real, and very human.

Speaking of being real and human, she's not perfect or always right, as characters as bright and playful as her are often depicted as. She has her problems, but to me, they're relatable problems and she manages to face them respectably enough that I want to help her through them without sheltering her. In that sense, she's better written than the majority of characters out there when combined with the previous point.

Lastly, I'm not sure why, but she just seems prettier to me than other characters. On a purely objective level, her lack of legs certainly is unique from a design standpoint, anyways. I also prefer flatter chests, which tend to be rare in anime-esque characters for some reason, so there's that.

Add all of that to her banal qualities like "being really cute" and "having energy" and whatnot, and you have somebody pretty damn special. So with that being said...

"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

is someone trying to rustle my jimmies?

Shizune? Boring?

Want me to point you to a locked thread of the past where we smeared defeat on the faces of the Lilithians?
or take you to a journey of the past where we 'peel' Shizune's character and route strip by strip?

Shizune is far from boring. I'm keeping my patience in check, but mark my words--jimmies are getting rustled!

Here's some jimmy rustling:
If the majority believes Lilly and Hanako to be 'best', wouldn't that mean that their characters and plot to be rather shallow or easy to understand, riddled with cheap fluffy-gimmicks? Spoon-feeding the readers with 'feels'? In other words, mainstream?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story