Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: Ask!

Post by Atario »

Silentcook wrote:Dat Emi sprite at the end of Act 3. :(
Wait, what? You mean the famous "sex face/angry face" one?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Hanako is the only student in Yamaku who has a "disfigurement" ?
I wonder because I understand how disabled like amputee, deaf,ect...may struggle with her ​​burns, (it's much different and less aesthetically surprising because burns and skin diseases evoke illness and death for the subconcious) but if she is no the only one large-burned for example; I don't understand why too much in Yamaku seems to have trouble with her ​​burns. (look her enough normaly to don't bother her)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Hanako is a third year student already, probably very few to no other students have issues with her looks, if they ever had any. I don't know why you think that's not the case: I think everyone who interacts with Hanako in the story behaves normally, except Hisao. Maybe it's true that her schoolmates haven't done a very good job at drawing her out of her shell and including her, but her social problems and psychological issues are a big barrier for that as anyone who's read her story knows.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
YutoTheOrc

The Hakamichi/Satou Relation?

Post by YutoTheOrc »

I know that Lilly and Shizune are cousins, related by their fathers, but why do they have different last names? I mean if they're brothers shouldn't they have the same last name either Hakamichi or Satou? Either could always have taken the wife's last name, but that's not a typical thing. I haven't encountered why in either the game or the forums. So I thought this would be a good topic to discuss. I'm guessing one of them changed their name due to reasons involving their family feud(not the one with Steve Harvey :P)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Because we fucked up (and now with 1.2, set it aright!) :oops:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Silentcook wrote:Because we fucked up (and now with 1.2, set it aright!) :oops:
In english and spanish only ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

When is 1.2.2 going to come out, to fix that line in the French version? :lol:

http://bhtooefr.org/images/ks/ks11vs12french.png
(Top is 1.2.1, bottom is 1.1, and spoilers (that have already been spoiled in this thread, but hey).)

English and Spanish got it right, it looks like (and English is how I personally play it, not actually knowing French or Spanish, so...)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

The upkeep of the translations is responsibility of the translators. If they don't keep up with the updates, 4LS doesn't do it for them.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

What exactly did you fuck up? The names? I am confused. :(
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Zarys wrote:
ArcCain wrote:

What exactly did you fuck up? The names? I am confused. :(
Shizune and Lilly are cousins ​​through their mothers (who are sisters), not their fathers (who aren't brothers). (otherwise they would have the same surname)
When I read that I was confused especially considering that Lilly's mother is Scottish, so does that make Shizune part Scottish, but then I read the next few posts.

If Shizune's mother and Lilly's father are siblings, then where is Shizune's mother? I am assuming deceased considering I don't remember her being mentioned in the virtual novel.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Is there an official map of Yamaku and the surrounding area, or a rough description on paper? I never could figure out where everything was in relation to each other, so I just kinda guessed the classes were smushed between the Dorms and nursing building, the dorms further being flanked by the road, while the nursing building was next to Rin's Forest.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

We had a few floorplans and maps sketched out back when, but considering that they had such notes as "here be dragons" on them I'd say that no, no OFFICIAL maps of Yamaku and its environs exist. And we sorta like it that way.It's not like Yamaku has its personal dimensional distortions or anything.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

What kind of blindness has Lilly ? congenital form of cataract ? saw his eyes (deep blue) I would say that the problem comes from her eyes but I'm not sure.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

I've been wondering, is there an "offical" cover for Katawa Shoujo? Or at least some cover that you would recommend?
I've seen some lying around but they aren't in 300dpi so I'm guessing they are not suited for printing. Some of them look good but I thought maybe there is an official or recommended one.

I like this game so much I want to print a cover and put it in my shelf with the rest of my collection.
Last edited by LordMarluxia on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
slagman5

Post by slagman5 »

Ok, I have a question, and I'm sorry if it's been asked, but there are way too many pages for me to read through. But does anyone remember Emi's path very detailed? If I recall correctly, right after the scene where Rin walks in on Emi and Hisao fooling around in bed, is it just me or do we never see Rin again?? If that's the case, what do you think happened to her? I don't think she went to the gallery since according to her path, it was Hisao that kind of convinces her to accept the offer, so if you're on the Emi path, those interactions would not have happened. Do you think Rin is actually sad that Emi and Hisao are together and just simply didn't show it in that scene? Or am I remembering incorrectly and they do encounter Rin after that point?