Katawa Shoujo: Soudan

WORDS WORDS WORDS

2sleepy4me

Katawa Shoujo: Soudan

Post by 2sleepy4me »

Katawa Shoujo: Soudan is a fan-fiction that takes place at Yamaku academy the same year that Hisao has his heart attack. However, it features a brand new cast of new characters created by various people on reddit.

Character list and backstory

These characters each have their own route, each route with four Acts, each Act with four chapters (may change in the future). Each route takes place through the eyes of the character, and goes over their experiences in room 1-4A.

Room 1-4A Backstory

You can also find some simple songs and REALLY simple wallpapers for each Act here:

Songs and Wallpapers

I suggest you all look through these before you start reading! Thanks for your time, and enjoy Katawa Shoujo: Soudan!

(Each of these names will be links to the thread the story is posted in once the first two chapters of Act 1 for each character are complete. Hang tight!)
  • Isao Story Arc

Joseph Story Arc

Shinto Story Arc

Seth Story Arc

Fujio Story Arc

Aiko Story Arc

Akane Story Arc
Last edited by 2sleepy4me on Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Am I supposed to write something here?
CoffeeDrive

Re: Katawa Shoujo: Soudan

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Interesting idea, I never thought of having a dedicated subreddit to a fan fiction before, but I guess it makes sense. You are effectively re writing katawa shoujo after all, couple questions though, are the other characters, (-hisao of course, as you stated it is on the first day, Although I guess that means he may need to appear at some point.) going to play a role?

And a class accepting mental issues, intriguing.
Have a good one, and don't burn yourself out, that is a lot of work, at 26 chapters per character and 6 characters, that isn't an easy task. Not even including music and art.

If you ever want a hand with anything, let me know, I'm very interested in how this going to go.

Also feel free to ask for advice, we don't bite, unless you insult someone's bestgirl.
/monitoring.
Last edited by CoffeeDrive on Sat May 24, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
brythain

Post by brythain »

Starting ideas are always welcome. However, it's also useful to read through the various forum sections to see what has been done, not done, badly or well received, absolutely reviled or canonised, and so on.

I wish you all the best, but one thing you might want to do first is read through all the stickied threads in the fanfic forum. Cheers!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
2sleepy4me

Post by 2sleepy4me »

CoffeeDrive wrote:You are effectively re writing katawa shoujo after all, couple questions though, are the other characters, (-hisao of course, as you stated it is on the first day, Although I guess that means he may need to appear at some point.) going to play a role?
Thanks for the reply! As far as the original characters from the Visual Novel go, they will all play roles. Every single one of them. But the roles will most likely be minor. Like passing by in the hallway, small conversations here and there, helping them out with various tasks, and things of that nature. Here is a direct quote from the subreddit:

"These characters will meet and even interact with the characters from the original Katawa Shoujo Visual Novel, but they will play small roles, and won't do enough to impact the story of the original Visual Novel."

So there's that. I do want to include as many characters as I can in this, and interactions between each of the characters is at the heart of the fan-fiction itself.

Now, one aspect that i have been working with is who Hisao will be dating during KS:S. I decided it would be Hanako for various reasons. Hanako would be hard to work in as a side character all by herself, and her route ends much sooner than everyone else's routes. That means that everything after Hisao and Hanako kiss is open game for me to make interactions between Hisao and my characters, because nothing has been written past that point.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

2sleepy4me wrote:Words
I see, interesting choice for the hanako route, gives you a lot of legroom to work with what happens during and after the route, since hanakos route is very, event to event,instead of day to day. Plus Hisao is a little introverted during that route, and he may just been seen as "The quiet one from 3-3"

Personally though, I would really like a fic with some characters reacting to hisaos relationship with Rin, just seems like such an unlikely combo from other characters eyes.

Actually, I might go write that as a one shot.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'm not quite sure what you wnt to do...
Are you planning a fanfiction or a Visual Novel?
Your OP says "fiction" but you wouldn't need songs or pictures for that.
And if it's going to be a fanfic, are you going to post it here or over at that other forum?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
2sleepy4me

Post by 2sleepy4me »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I'm not quite sure what you wnt to do...
Are you planning a fanfiction or a Visual Novel?
Your OP says "fiction" but you wouldn't need songs or pictures for that.
And if it's going to be a fanfic, are you going to post it here or over at that other forum?
It's going to be a fan-fiction, except with pictures and short little songs for the beginning of each Act. It will be posted here, and the subreddit will have links that bring them here. In the end, it's going to be a weird mixture between a Visual Novel and a fan-fiction, and if people really like it then I will try my best to turn it into a fan-Visual Novel, so to speak. The pictures I have already are only pictures for each Act, not actual backgrounds or images of the characters. Just transition wallpapers.

But that is way down the road. And besides, I don't even know of people will like it. So for now, one step at a time.
brythain

Post by brythain »

2sleepy4me wrote:It's going to be a fan-fiction, except with pictures and short little songs for the beginning of each Act. It will be posted here, and the subreddit will have links that bring them here. In the end, it's going to be a weird mixture between a Visual Novel and a fan-fiction, and if people really like it then I will try my best to turn it into a fan-Visual Novel, so to speak. The pictures I have already are only pictures for each Act, not actual backgrounds or images of the characters. Just transition wallpapers.

But that is way down the road. And besides, I don't even know of people will like it. So for now, one step at a time.
Write it, then you'll know when people like it. It's hard to like something you haven't seen yet. Except on Kickstarter. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
JosephEvans

Post by JosephEvans »

Oi oi, can't fuckin' wait.