wheelchair-tan?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ubergeneral

wheelchair-tan?

Post by ubergeneral »

I noticed a lack of characters in wheelchairs. Isn't this unrealistic that there are so few? In a school like yamaku there should be many many people like that.
archon536

Re: wheelchair-tan?

Post by archon536 »

Well, we've only just gone through Act 1. Maybe there'll be at least one person like that in the other 3 or 4?
Lilly > Hanako = Rin > Emi > Shizune
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

It's mentioned in act one that the doors and halls are made for easy navigation by those in wheelchairs. We just haven't seen any yet.
chocolatebear

Post by chocolatebear »

I'm sure we will see more as emi continues to run through hallways.
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

This reminds me. You know what I'd like to see?
A quadriplegic.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

bitpeg wrote:This reminds me. You know what I'd like to see?
A quadriplegic.
Fuck yeah Steven Hawking. There needs to be a character like him in this, at least as a cameo appearance.
Bara

Post by Bara »

At this late date it won't be seen unless they already had it in just by coincidence.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Aura already went on record that there are no quads at Yamaku.
Xenokitten

Post by Xenokitten »

Tangent: quad (as in paralyzed from the neck down) pr0n would be really creepy... It would be all limp and like making love to a dead body almost. I know the person is there emotionally/mentally and is as capable of love as anyone else, but just the thought of how it would look/feel, is kinda creepy to me... They wouldn't be able to feel it or receive any satisfaction (at least in the physical sense), nor interact in any way aside from verbal communication.

---------

On topic: It seems that the story focuses on how characters overcome their disabilities, about the closest to needing a wheelchair would be Emi. But having her in a wheel chair would make her seem more weak/helpless than having her on prosthetic limbs. I think if there were another legless or paralyzed student, it would kinda overshadow emi a little unless it was a male student, or very minor character :) My 2 cents.
Justicide

Post by Justicide »

It would be interesting if characters could appear and disappear.

What I mean by this is that, for example, Lilly would only exist up until the end of Act 3, at which point she leaves for some reason.

Also, a new character could appear and Act 2 and stay until the end of Act 4.

I hope for a wheelchair character to appear like this.
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

Justicide wrote:It would be interesting if characters could appear and disappear.
If by interesting you mean impractical, then yeah.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

ubergeneral wrote:I noticed a lack of characters in wheelchairs. Isn't this unrealistic that there are so few? In a school like yamaku there should be many many people like that.
There just aren't any in Hisao's class. The school also has an elevator reserved for use by students with disabilities that effect their movement, in addition to the widened hallways.
lauriegrove

Post by lauriegrove »

What is the latest on the national wheelchair service consultation that's been ongoing these last few months?
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

Maybe just have emi in a wheelchair in one scene while her legs are in the shop or something?