KS Scene Illustrations

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Snicket

Re: KS Scene Illustrations

Post by Snicket »

now you've lost me
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

DuaneMoody wrote:
Snicket wrote:I knew it was bad, but i didn't think it was 'horrid'.
You forgot to translate from Australian to English.
Don't you mean from Australian to American?
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Well folks it looks like i can still keep doing these. So with out further ado, here are the KS shops is did for Storytellers thread the other night. You'll notice a water mark int the corner, that's been added so as not to confuse these with actual game shots. (I can always make it stick out more if you guys want)

I was originally going to sift through these and pick a select few, but since there hasn't been YM or stroyteller thread for the last few days i thought i'd give you the whole set.

if this watermark works, then i'll keep using it. If not then i'll take these down and trying to come up with something else.
Last edited by Snicket on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Seems great, same as always. Placement is perfect, size seems adequate. Might afford making it a little less intangible, though. What opacity is it at now?
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

its actually an over lay using 'vivid light'
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

You don't say...well, regardless, it looks good. The only thing concerning me was the lighter bg's like the few early ones there.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

is there a different blending mode/ layer option i should use?
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

I wouldn't say "should"...
I'm assuming the shadow and bevel are part of the styles you used and not the overlay, so that seems fine alone. I just never considered many overlays besides multiply and overlay with varying opacities. But then, Photoshop Elements is far more restricted than whatever you're using, I'm sure.
I miss CS2...
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Actually ihas a bevel and Gaussian blur that i used on it. Then overlayed it with 'vivid light.' But anyway, these are made in CS2.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

So lucky...I'll probably use some of my college funding to get. I'll end up needing it anyways; hopefully it's cheaper than it was now that they're up to CS4 or whatever.

Have you looked over that temp. story thread since it played out? Some crazy stuff there...I wonder if you could make Lilly Lagann? Probably a job for the Photoshop thread, though.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Well after taking some time off Storyteller returns.

between the second to last and last choice, there was a rain dance sequence that Hisao and Misha took part in. Its not in here since i was unable to make some of the sequences that were taking place.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Second to last one, about the cat in a tree. Really messed up the last of that sentence. Also, no period on that one and the last, but that's not terribly important. Somewhere in the middle, there's one describing a scene from the day before about Shizune. It may benefit from a colon or semicolon rather than that first comma.

Also, love the HNNNNNNNGGGG option on the last one for running. Like I said before though, those dark scenes make your watermark virtually unnoticeable. Whether or not that's a good thing, I'm not sure.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

well i kinda made some of these in a hurry, so i was bound to make a mistake or two
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

Snicket, are these images spur-of-the-moment things, or are they perhaps based off a fan story somewhere? I'm interested.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a Grammar Nazi or anything. Just trying to peer-edit something.

These were made in a hurry, you say. Do you have all the different templates saved, or do you actually go hunt them down individually as you need them?

^I think they're form the story-teller's thread on 4chan. Try the KS links in 4chan section in the forums.