Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Who do you want with you if you are stranded on a deserted island?

Akira
14%
Emi
10%
Hanako
19%
Kenji
5%
Lilly
10%
Miki
4%
Misha
4%
Nurse
9%
Mutou
4%
Rin
8%
Shizune
9%
Yuuko
2%
Someone else
2%
No one else
1%

Total votes: 167

Merloficus

Re: Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you

Post by Merloficus »

pandaphil wrote:
Merloficus wrote:I'd have to go with Shizune, for 3 reasons:
1) Being who she is, i think she'd be able to cope with everything better than the others might/would.
2) Her disability wouldn't hamper her chances of survival, like it would some others.
3) I like her more than the other girls :lol: Which actualy struck me as weird :shock:
Hanako or Shizune... Will go with Shizune. Lilly or Shizune... Definetly Shizune! Yea, shocked me too :lol:

Yeah, I suspect the majority of people picked the girls they liked rather than the one that made the most sense. Hey who wouldn't want to be alone with the girl they feel most compatable with. We're only human. :)\

I don't think Shizune would be my choice, but hey, we all have different opinions, so that's fine. It would be a lot nicer if we could choose two girls to be stuck with. Of course then you end up with the obligatory romantic triangle and everything just turns ugly.
It's a bit of both actualy, i went over each and every character and thought about how they could manage. Picked those that seemed best for it and then filterd, as you said, in order of personal preferance.
It's weird to say something like this, don't know why i am lol, but if i could ever be both physicaly and emotionaly attracted to one of the 5 main characters... It would be Shizune :)
When i first started this VN, and saw the pictures of the girls with some small ifno about them, i actualy went for straight for Lilly and thought: "This is the kind of girl i'd go for in real life too." But having played both arcs, getting to know the girls a bit better, i have to say i have fallen in love with Shizune *feels so weird saying that :lol: *

@Xan: lol you have it all figured out it seems :wink:
Wouldn't be surprised if you were behind the very reason you got stranded in the first place :lol:
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

Haven't read the thread because I'm lazy, but there's only one right answer here. Kenji! I mean, who else would be capable to build a shelter? Who else could be prepared for something like this? I bet he has read some hundreds of books about survival and always keeps with him a kit for emergencies.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

udscbt wrote:Haven't read the thread because I'm lazy, but there's only one right answer here. Kenji! I mean, who else would be capable to build a shelter? Who else could be prepared for something like this? I bet he has read some hundreds of books about survival and always keeps with him a kit for emergencies.
You make an excellent point... wait your to smart. YOU'RE A FEMINIST !
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

I'd feminist-bro fist you, but I have mixed feelings for that show.

I'd have all of them Start a mini society. With blackjack. And booze.
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

rockin robin wrote:

You forgot the hookers.

And feminists can't brofist.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

MegaMoto wrote:
udscbt wrote:Haven't read the thread because I'm lazy, but there's only one right answer here. Kenji! I mean, who else would be capable to build a shelter? Who else could be prepared for something like this? I bet he has read some hundreds of books about survival and always keeps with him a kit for emergencies.
You make an excellent point... wait your to smart. YOU'RE A FEMINIST !
No, I'm not. Now I'll go drink whisky and eat pretzels if you don't mind.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Probably the best choice logically. But I'd probably start trying to pull my own head off after a couple of days.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

pandaphil wrote:

Probably the best choice logically. But I'd probably start trying to pull my own head off after a couple of days.
At least he could make a good meal once his craziness becomes not entertaining.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

Xanatos wrote:
rockin robin wrote:

You forgot the hookers.

And feminists can't brofist.
DUDE!!!! lilly emi shzune. who needs hookers they are worth more than most

i hybridized a brofist. also simmr got into the second year of uni hes passed out on my lap from 9 needs bottles of ginger ale. before he passed out he said misha. for the lister rimmer effect
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Logically, Kenji or Shizune.
Illogically, Hanako. For.... obvious reasons. :3
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

Steinherz wrote:Logically, Kenji or Shizune.
Illogically, Hanako. For.... obvious reasons. :3
·
God fg dayum!

Aaaand simmr is out cold. °poke°°poke°
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Well, this was an incredibly easy choice. I will say that I considered Shizune for her planning skills, but seeing as I don't know sign language and we wouldn't have Loudpink with us, that wouldn't help much. Plus, as much as I like her, being alone with her might grate on my nerves since I don't like being told what to do and commanded around. So, smallish physically fit person who could help hunt and such it is.

Also probably maybe definitely biased.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Let's evaluate each one, shall we?

Akira: Resourceful, good at winging it, able to handle high stress, and is a high value asset to her family (speeding the rescue). And she'd be good company, too. Can't cook worth a damn, though, so neither of us will eat all that well most likely.
Emi: She has PTSD related to a vehicle accident. This is a vehicle accident situation, and would likely trigger her. Also, if she loses the ability to walk due to a damaged prosthetic or an injury to a stump, she becomes a liability. She does bring some medical knowledge to the table, which is handy, and seems to have inherited her mom's cooking skills, but not that much other knowledge.
Hanako: This is an interesting one... her anxiety is triggered largely by a fear of how she'll be treated by others. I think she'd actually be able to function decently in a survival scenario, especially if she felt that she had to prove that she was useful. And, extensive knowledge, and cooking skills. Her stress handling ability is dependent on why she's experiencing the stress - if it's to help another person, it's incredibly high. If it's because of her own reasons, it's low.
Kenji: Oh fuck no. Blind and insane, what an awesome combination.
Lilly: She's a high value asset, and also has quite a bit of knowledge, but her blindness is a huge liability, and she can't handle high stress or wing it. I'd rather have Akira or even Hanako.
Miki: Interesting one. Not much knowledge to bring to the table, but physically fit, and seems to have her shit together. Might work.
Misha: BAWWWWWW SHIZUNE. Nope.
Nurse: If I could get past the desire to punch him, he's probably the best choice.
Mutou: Too prone to going off on tangents, but still potentially useful.
Rin: Nope
Shizune: Communication would be an issue, but she would Get Shit Done. And, she's another high value asset.
Yuuko: OH GOD OH GOD I'M DOING IT WRONG. Nope.

I'm voting Akira because I don't like Shizune and I'd be at risk of punching Nurse in the face, but those are probably the three best that we know enough about.

As far as language barriers... for Akira and Lilly, that's a complete non-issue, they're both fluent in English. Emi canonically sucks at it. Hanako, I choose to interpret her "all right... I suppose..." as modesty (given that Hisao just got done bitching about how he sucks at it, and Hanako is the last person to rub anything in), and she's actually almost as good as Lilly. Shizune's "I must do well at everything I do" attitude tells me that she's at least functional in written English. Beyond that...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
brythain

Post by brythain »

Hisao, obviously. Canonically, he has the potential to adapt to any situation and produce a good ending.

However, if survival was not an issue and rescue inevitable, I'd go for Shizune—known to be practical and effective, also not very loud. :D
And with the potential for a very happy ending, especially without Misha around.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)