Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest Poster

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest Poster »

If this was already asked, then direct me to the post, but why do Shizune and Lilly hate each other so much? I mean, their personalities can't be that different to constitute all the passive-aggressive fighting. I recall somewhere that Lilly and Shizune's fathers dislike each other but as revealed by that one photograph, Lilly and Shizune used to get along. Maybe I just didn't read deep enough, but I'm feeling a little lost as to why they harbor so much animosity towards each other.
• Their fathers hate each other.
• Shizune's stubbornness - caused Lilly (and everyone else) to leave the student council.
• The lack of direct communication between them. (This one is mere speculation, but it's supported by most players)
I didn't get the impression it was anything deep. Lilly and Shizune used to get along even though at the time their dads already disliked each other and they've never been able to communicate directly. What caused their feud seemed indeed Shizune's vision for the student council and Lilly's (probably vocal) opposition to it. It probably wouldn't have become so personal if the two hadn't been related. Since they're family, neither can bring herself to back down in front of the other. (Shizune wouldn't back down in front of anyone, but Lilly usually would in order to keep the peace unless Shizune is involved) Whenever the subject is brought up in front of Akira, she simply laughs or smirks, treating it as a childish spat between bickering siblings (or cousins). Deep down, it's probably nothing more than that. Heck, the fact they can't communciate directly might have limited the damage, if anything.
For some reason it got stuck in my mind that the fire happened when she was 8 (maybe it was in cpl crud's version of the fire?). But you're right, I can't find a single canon reference to at what age the fire happened.
Thank you, that does answer my question.
Hanako did have her accident when she was 8. She states as much in the game itself.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Tang

Post by Tang »

Guest Poster wrote: I didn't get the impression it was anything deep.
[...]
Hanako did have her accident when she was 8. She states as much in the game itself.
Please stop answering questions, you're not Admin-kun. :wink:
Last edited by Tang on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epicfacej

Post by epicfacej »

I know that you have already said that the dev team has no plans for any future content, but I want to know (if its not pushing it too much) what is your personal view on future content, like do you think it should be done etc.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

epicfacej wrote:I know that you have already said that the dev team has no plans for any future content, but I want to know (if its not pushing it too much) what is your personal view on future content, like do you think it should be done etc.
I'm not sure what you're asking. If we thought further KS stuff should be done, we'd do it ourselves.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Jovereign

Post by Jovereign »

For any of the writers that did their respective characters.

What do you feel was the hardest part in writing your characters? Was it creating their personality? Deciding how they would talk and interact with other characters? Or something else entirely?
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Guest Poster wrote:Hanako did have her accident when she was 8. She states as much in the game itself.
When dose she say this? I have no memory of her saying how young she was when she had her accident.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

When dose she say this? I have no memory of her saying how young she was when she had her accident.
She says it right after she strips naked and lets Hisao take a look at the scarring on her back.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Guest Poster wrote:
She says it right after she strips naked and lets Hisao take a look at the scarring on her back.
Indeed.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Jovereign wrote:For any of the writers that did their respective characters.

What do you feel was the hardest part in writing your characters? Was it creating their personality? Deciding how they would talk and interact with other characters? Or something else entirely?
Internal consistency and creating the feel of a person rather than a character.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

In a discussion elsewhere, the subject of room placement came up. Looking at the VN, in the scene 'Nobody's Room', Hisao narrates "I climb the stairs to the upper floor." Then he mentions small corridors branching off from the main hallway, each with four rooms and a bathroom. And Hisao's room is about halfway down the hall.

Does this mean that there is only one floor of rooms for the dorms? Or at least the boy's dorm since there are differences between it and the girl's dorm?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

griffon8 wrote:In a discussion elsewhere, the subject of room placement came up. Looking at the VN, in the scene 'Nobody's Room', Hisao narrates "I climb the stairs to the upper floor." Then he mentions small corridors branching off from the main hallway, each with four rooms and a bathroom. And Hisao's room is about halfway down the hall.

Does this mean that there is only one floor of rooms for the dorms? Or at least the boy's dorm since there are differences between it and the girl's dorm?
Nah. There are dorm rooms other than in the first floor.
Verdogoth

Post by Verdogoth »

Do you like looking at fan art inspired by the game?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Verdogoth wrote:Do you like looking at fan art inspired by the game?
I like to occasionally take a look at the shimmie and whatnot. It's neat to see different versions of the characters, sometimes.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

How does run lack a bush but Emily has one? I think it should be the other way around...
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Raziel wrote:How does run lack a bush but Emily has one? I think it should be the other way around...
Emily doesn't want to be a gardener, but there's maybe something there about Emily's family circumstances that make her obsessive about house plants. Bushes get in the way of running so it's pretty natural a run lacks one. If you think about it this way, it should make sense.