Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Xanatos »

Sgt Spice wrote:give me hope that I am just over-analyzing and that the good ending wasn't just a figment of Rin's imagination.
It isn't just a figment of her imagination. There is absolutely no evidence of that at all story-wise and entertaining it as a legitimate possibility is ridiculous /logicallydrivenhope :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Rin is.... Rin. Seriously, her story gave me mind screws. This, in a VN which is very down-to earth by other standards.
Last edited by YZQ on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Rin is.... Rin. Seriously, her story gave me mind screws. This, in a VN which is very realistic by other standards.
Are you implying Rin is unrealistic?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

No way. It's just that her story is very surreal compared to the other ladies'. Changed the term in my post, anyway. Darn, her inability to use words is contagious.
Last edited by YZQ on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Xanatos wrote:
It isn't just a figment of her imagination. There is absolutely no evidence of that at all story-wise and entertaining it as a legitimate possibility is ridiculous /logicallydrivenhope :P
Yeah you're right. I have bad habit of coming to irrational conclusions when analyzing things.
But what do you think of the symbolism in her cinematic? If you think there is any
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Sgt Spice wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Yeah you're right. I have bad habit of coming to irrational conclusions when analyzing things.
But what do you think of the symbolism in her cinematic? If you think there is any
Honestly, I can't remember those cinematics so well. I'd have to see it.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Sgt Spice wrote: Yeah you're right. I have bad habit of coming to irrational conclusions when analyzing things.
I have to admit that i went somewhat "Wait what" when you got to that part of the interpretation. In any case, i think there is symbolism in that cinematic in the same sense there is symbolism in all the other. Although i would say that the psychological/symbolical nuances are richer, or at least more succint, in Rin's cinematic. I think you're somewhat spot-on on some of the interpretation by the way, specially the most abstract ones.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Xanatos wrote: Honestly, I can't remember those cinematics so well. I'd have to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR3pyzbC_eI Uh I don't know if I posted that correctly, I am not good with computer. But tell me what you think if you want. I like discussing things.
Dream wrote:
I have to admit that i went somewhat "Wait what" when you got to that part of the interpretation. In any case, i think there is symbolism in that cinematic in the same sense there is symbolism in all the other. Although i would say that the psychological/symbolical nuances are richer, or at least more succint, in Rin's cinematic. I think you're somewhat spot-on on some of the interpretation by the way, specially the most abstract ones.
Yeah I agree, there is definitely symbolism in the other cinematics, I just feel as though Rin's are harder to decipher. But I think there are hidden gems in her cinematic that might help me understand a little better, like the dandelions, and the "sky-realm", and why Hisao disappears. Thinking takes the majority of my time and this has been the topic as of late.
Rin Kin
"Just be"
MadTeddyBear

Post by MadTeddyBear »

Sgt Spice wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
My take on it, for what it's worth:
Her sleeping/dreaming looked at Rin trying to express herself with Hisao standing by and watching her sleep, unable to grasp what she was dreaming about. The dandelion represents the transformation that goes on between them, "becoming what they were meant to become" (something Hisao said in the final scene). The dandelion seeds floating over to Rin, with one of them waking her up, represents the connection and brief moment of clarity they had at the end.
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

MadTeddyBear wrote: My take on it, for what it's worth:
Her sleeping/dreaming looked at Rin trying to express herself with Hisao standing by and watching her sleep, unable to grasp what she was dreaming about. The dandelion represents the transformation that goes on between them, "becoming what they were meant to become" (something Hisao said in the final scene). The dandelion seeds floating over to Rin, with one of them waking her up, represents the connection and brief moment of clarity they had at the end.
I like this. The dandelion=change analogy makes sense, as well as Hisao trying to grasp what she is dreaming about, as that is alluded to in the story. But what do you think about how Hisao disappears after she is awakened? Could it mean that is lucidity can only last for a brief moment and then disappear completely? Or perhaps That Hisao and Rin can never be "awake" at the same time, perhaps implying that they can never completely understand one another?
Rin Kin
"Just be"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Sgt Spice wrote:perhaps implying that they can never completely understand one another?
This does seem to be their big revelation in-game. Or, more accurately, that understanding isn't necessary.
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Xanatos wrote:
Sgt Spice wrote:perhaps implying that they can never completely understand one another?
This does seem to be their big revelation in-game. Or, more accurately, that understanding isn't necessary.
Yes I agree. However I think to my understanding that Rin and Hisao figure out that they will never have a "normal" relationship, and will never fully understand one another, but I do think (at least in the good ending) that they establish a basic understanding out of the aftermath of the exhibition. With Rin stating explicitly to Hisao, "I love you", and Hisao responding with a kiss. Here they understand how each other view the world, Hisao with labels, and Rin with experience. I would say that understanding is necessary in any relationship, but you can never know another person as well as you know yourself, there is a limit I think.
Rin Kin
"Just be"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Sgt Spice wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Yes I agree. However I think to my understanding that Rin and Hisao figure out that they will never have a "normal" relationship, and will never fully understand one another, but I do think (at least in the good ending) that they establish a basic understanding out of the aftermath of the exhibition. With Rin stating explicitly to Hisao, "I love you", and Hisao responding with a kiss. Here they understand how each other view the world, Hisao with labels, and Rin with experience. I would say that understanding is necessary in any relationship, but you can never know another person as well as you know yourself, there is a limit I think.
Exactly. They get a basic understanding but it will likely never be complete.
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Xanatos wrote: Exactly. They get a basic understanding but it will likely never be complete.
Agreed. Thanks for your input. I believe that this thought has run its course.
Rin Kin
"Just be"
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
Exactly. They get a basic understanding but it will likely never be complete.
Makes you wonder how she'll communicate with her husband, if she has one.