Katawa shoujo Fandub for youtube

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

majormarmite

Katawa shoujo Fandub for youtube

Post by majormarmite »

hey ok i plan on dubbing katawa shoujo for youtube, yes it will take a long time and yes i will do almost all of it (not sex scenes unless persuaded too)
but i am casting for voice actors, amateur, professional or even if you just want a laugh i dont even care if i think you match the character good, the fandub will be put on my yt channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/MajorMarmite?feature=mhee
i need pretty much every character, the only character that has been cast so far is kenji... open to everyone, message me if interested
SemisoftCheese

Re: Katawa shoujo Fandub for youtube

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Read the FAQ, the devs are not interested in voice acting and doing so without their permission is against the Creative Commons license which KS is licensed under.

In short, no voices.

The FAQ may be found here: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4717
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Any dub will only make it less than what it is.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Unless the voice actors are really good.

But yeah i just can't imagine how they would do Hisao's voice. It's not only a matter of quality but also tone and direction. How does Hisao sounds? Mystery.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
lukesrp

Post by lukesrp »

Even if it does come out really well I won't watch/listen to it. I don't want my ideas of how each character sounds to be forever changed by watching it, no offence I just think that if I hear it, and it sounds completely different to how I think the characters sound; I think it will kill a little of the effect the game has on me.
Hanako>>>Lilly>>>Emi>>>Shizune>>>Rin

Did someone say Chrono Trigger?

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"