Survey about the main heroines!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Renegade Starlight

Survey about the main heroines!

Post by Renegade Starlight »

Of the five main Katawa Shoujo girls, who do you think...

1. Is the most likely to hold grudges for a long time? The least likely?
2. Had the best childhood? The worst?
3. Is the most likely to be unfaithful in a relationship and cheat on their partner? The least likely?
4. Is the most likely to be clingy in a relationship? The least clingy?
Megumeru

Re: Survey about the main heroines!

Post by Megumeru »

Interest piqued.

Most likely to hold grudges:
Lilly. Unless someone steps up first to reconcile, it won't end in a very-very long time.

Least likely to hold grudges:
Rin. You just can't see her bear grudges against anything.

Best childhood:
Rin. Aside from her lacking arms, everything seems...normal.

Worst childhood:
Hanako. Losing your family in a fire and leaving you scarred for life speaks volume

most likely to be unfaithful:
Give or take, this one is a little difficult to judge without causing certain people of certain faction in a fit of rage.

Least likely to be unfaithful:
Shizune. Judging by her value on relationships and her character in general, losing someone is similar to shooting one's self in the head. 'Treat one friend like a thousand'.

Most likely to be clingy:
Emi. Her adventurous, playful tone and take on relationship would ensure maximum clingy-ness no matter when and where.

Least likely to be clingy:
Rin. If by clingy includes 'cuddling in with "arms"'.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Is the most likely to hold grudges for a long time?
Shizune. Everything is a competition with her, letting hold of a grudge would be like giving up.

The least likely?
Rin. She probably wouldn't even remember what happened a week or so from the original incident.

Had the best childhood?
We don't know anything about Rin's or Misha's so they might win by default. Everyone else either has parents that died or were hurtful in some way (whether they meant to be or not.)

The worst?
Hanako. I don't think anybody will argue otherwise with you on this one.

Is the most likely to be unfaithful in a relationship and cheat on their partner?
Misha.
If Misha doesn't count as a main heroine, then Emi, prior to her good ending, because at tat point the relationship didn't mean much to her anyway.

I can also see Rin not thinking it's that big of a deal, but it could go either way with her.

The least likely?
Hanako. If Hanako cares about somebody she's not going to do anything to hurt them.

Is the most likely to be clingy in a relationship?
It took me a while to think about this one. I had a post written out debating between Emi and Shizune, but after thinking about it more, Hanako is probably the right answer, but she's trying not to be. She's the only one in the game that actually shows signs of jealously (granted, it's a pretty passive weak sort of way) and she says she can't be open around other people.

The least clingy?
Rin. If anyone is going to give you space,it's Rin.
Not Dead Yet
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

I don't think we know much about Rin's childhood so it is really hard to say anything about it. The family of every other girl is referred to except hers, who are for whatever reason not around. As much as the focus is a good thing in her path was, I would have really appreciated information on that. In fact it could have aided the focus exponentially. But yes she'd definitely be the least likely to hold a grudge because well... she doesn't seem like the type of person who would let anger reach her. She is so awesome... Nor would she be clingy in a romantic sense because she is pretty aloof, even to a fault.

Going to have to disagree on the most likely to hold a grudge though. It would be Shizune, she has proven to be the most pushy and angry. While Lilly may bottle things inside she is not exactly what you would call an angry individual, the most bitterness we've seen from her is usually when Shizune is doing so towards her, and even then she clings to her pride, trying not to stoop so low.

If by clingy it means physical then perhaps Emi, though Hanako would be close if not exceed her if she grows to treat Hisao the way she treated Lilly, which seems to make sense. In a social sense it would have to be Hanako as well because her personality, although not the "protect me" kind as we see unfold, she is the most dependent socially (not in the sense of needing to socialize but needing someone to make her feel comfortable and deal with others).
yummines

Post by yummines »

1. I think likely Lilly. I would say out of all the character she is the most serious, as well as not being as shy or have her head in the clouds. The least is probably Rin, because she hardly takes many things seriously or with too much thought. Plus she can deal with reason, it's very rare to see any emotion much less rage from Rin.
2. Rin arguably. Whatever childhood she had, she definently didn't lose a parent or be abandoned by one or else that would have been a major plot point of her story. Hanako definently the worst. Orphaned while physically and mentally scarred. ouch.
3. I can't really answer this one because it all depends on the type of situation. I know for sure Lilly would be the easiest to catch.
4. Most is probably a tie between Hanako and Emi, due to their family issues. Least is probably Rin or Shizune, because both have that kind of logical thinking mindset and tend to think more with their brain and less with their feelings.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Renegade Starlight wrote:Of the five main Katawa Shoujo girls, who do you think...

3. Is the most likely to be unfaithful in a relationship and cheat on their partner? The least likely?
1. Most likely: Emi. Least likely: Rin.
2. Best: Shizune. Worst: Hanako
3. Most likely: Emi or Hanako. Least likely: Lilly or Rin.
4. Most clingy: Hanako. Least clingy: Rin ( :lol: ).
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

Renegade Starlight wrote:Of the five main Katawa Shoujo girls, who do you think...

1. Emi, Rin
I found that Emi tended to be a little over emotional about a few things while Rin is almost stotic.

2. Shizune, Hanako
Can't really decide who had the best childhood but I can imagine that Shizune would just plow through any bad times and chock them up as learning experiences.
Hanako and the bullying especially after the fire and the fire itself. I didn't have it as bad as her but bullying is nothing to laugh about.

3. Rin, Lilly
Rin strikes me as a girl with blue and orange morality. I'm not saying she isn't loyal but her mind works so differently from what I imagine many other readers are familiar with that I just don't know what she would do next.
I feel that Lilly would be less likely to do this based on her upbringing. In the unlikely event it did happen, I feel I'd see it a mile away.

4. Emi, Lilly
Again, emotional.
Lilly appears to be rather emotionally stable and I just get the impression that she can handle situations both with and without people around her.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Denouement wrote: Going to have to disagree on the most likely to hold a grudge though. It would be Shizune, she has proven to be the most pushy and angry. While Lilly may bottle things inside she is not exactly what you would call an angry individual, the most bitterness we've seen from her is usually when Shizune is doing so towards her, and even then she clings to her pride, trying not to stoop so low.
No bro, we have to go deeper!

Shizune can be pushy, but no matter how many times Hisao ignores her or tries to avoid the Student council, she never becomes angry nor she holds grudges against him. She can be pushy and prone to small outbursts, but she is usually quick to forgive.

On the other hand, Lilly is pretty passive aggressive about everything, she tends to bottle up things inside and never let it go.

Now back to the post:
Most Likely: Lilly (see above).

Least Likely: Rin, she's pretty chill.

Had the best childhood? The worst?
Best: Lilly, loving parents, wealth, trips.

Worst: Hanako, dead parents, trauma, no superheroes.

Is the most likely to be unfaithful in a relationship and cheat on their partner? The least likely?
Most: Hanako. Calm down bros, I'll explain. Hanako is shy, really shy and lonely, and then she starts dating Hisao, this dating will probably boost her ego, she will feel better, she'll be empowered by the relationship, wont be afraid of showing her scars anymore and she'll realize that she is actually beautiful and Hisao is kinda bland. Once she's empowered, feeling awesome and with a safety net like Hisao, some cheating may happen.

Least: Shizune's, she can be pushy and insufferable, but she is loyal.

Is the most likely to be clingy in a relationship? The least clingy?
Most: Emi, she was afraid of let someone into her life, now she'll be affraid of letting them go.

Least: Shizune or Rin. Shizune's assumes everyone is loyal as her and Rin is Rin.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Most: Hanako. Calm down bros, I'll explain. Hanako is shy, really shy and lonely, and then she starts dating Hisao, this dating will probably boost her ego, she will feel better, she'll be empowered by the relationship, wont be afraid of showing her scars anymore and she'll realize that she is actually beautiful and Hisao is kinda bland. Once she's empowered, feeling awesome and with a safety net like Hisao, some cheating may happen.
I didn't know that theory had a following. It's always sounded VERY far-fetched to me and downplays the effect Hanako's trauma had on her.

Anyway:
Most likely in a very passive way: Hanako. She's the "once bitten, twice shy"-type and once someone does something to betray her trust, it'll be close to impossible to get it back even after a sincere apology.

Lilly has the tendency to keep those she feels uncomfortable around at a distance, making reconciling after a falling out tricky. However due to her patient nature, someone would REALLY have to ruffle her feathers in order to get that kind of treatment, so getting to the point where she'd hold a grudge takes a lot of effort. If the other person makes a sincere apology, Lilly would probably graciously accept it and let bygones be bygones. Without an apology though, Lilly'd probably keep her distance, deciding there's other people more worth her attention.

Least likely? Rin's forgetfulness tends to be flanderized, so I'm going with Shizune due to her tendacy to compartmentalize things.
We may not know much about Rin's childhood, but given her personality, it's likely she's always been very isolated and the fact both of her parents are still around doesn't mean her life's a happy one. Best childhood may still be Lilly, despite the fact her parents migrated when she was 12. Shizune and Hideaki are both socially stunted, which isn't all that surprising when you meet Jigoro. Lilly and Akira on the other hand are pretty well-adjusted giving me the impression that before their parents moved away, their family life was relatively normal. Due to her social skills and popularity, Lilly's never been aching for friends either.

Worst? Hanako. Lost both parents. Had to revalidate all alone. Friends stabbed her in the back. Was bullied and excluded throughout elementary and middle school. Watched all her peers in the orphanage get adopted while remaining behind herself. Is heavily scarred meaning she'll always draw stares for unpleasant reasons. Really, this one's no contest.
Most likely: I'd go with Rin, but she'd probably do so unintentionally. We know that Rin's definitions of friendships and relationships are unconventional...she might kiss another person for (to others) weird reasons without really realizing the implications.

Least likely? Hanako. At the very center of her emotional issues is the problem of betrayal by those she trusted. I think it'd be very much against her core beliefs to replicate that behavior herself.
Most clingy...Hanako, probably, for the reason Oddball gave. Hanako shows some subtle jealousy over the course of her arc...often in a passive way like "Do you think that waitress is attractive?". She's convinced herself Lilly and Hisao will probably walk out on her the moment they get bored of her. (at least until the ending of her route) That insecurity will take a long time to go away, meaning until that time Hanako will be rather quick to get uneasy if Hisao gets too chummy with other females.

The least clingy...Rin and Lilly. Rin due to the fact she has rather unconventional ideas about relationships and Lilly due to her confident and easygoing nature.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tomate wrote:loving parents
If you ignore the whole "We don't want to deal with a blind kid fucking up our reputation and lives so we're ditching you in Japan with your sister." thing, maybe...

Anyway.

1. Shizune. Rin.

2. Lilly (wealth, trips, a great home with Akira, but no loving parents). Hanako.

3. Rin (her thought processes aren't quite the same as others, so she might not even realize). Lilly or Shizune (both have the loyalty thing going for them)

4. Misha Misha Misha. But seriously, Hanako or Emi. Both would likely have a clinginess to them for different reasons (though both relate to trauma). As for least clingy, Lilly or Rin. Lilly's made of iron, she can handle herself. And Rin...She's Rin. She'd abandon you to chase a damn cloud. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Xanatos wrote:
Tomate wrote:loving parents
If you ignore the whole "We don't want to deal with a blind kid fucking up our reputation and lives so we're ditching you in Japan with your sister." thing, maybe...
It seems I need to play again, i don't remember the ditching part.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

The official reason is Lilly staying behind for her education and Akira for her job. Akira suggests to Hisao that there's more to it and they left Lilly behind because they couldn't deal with her blindness very well. Lilly doesn't see it (heh) that way. Ultimately, the game itself is ambigious about what the Satous were thinking. Akira may be too bitter. Lilly may be too trusting. Neither one is in a good position to give an objective point of view and the only other people who know them (the Hakamichis) don't mention them either.
Last edited by Guest Poster on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Guest Poster wrote:Lilly doesn't see it (heh) that way.
Aw... :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."