What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Getting the feels, should I play the other story paths?

Post by Xanatos »

Kadadj wrote:
Nobody in Particular wrote: As Xanatos already pointed out, if Emi's managed to get you depressed than Rin's will most likely destroy you.
That's why. I generally have too little emotion, so the change is as I've said unsettling. I will give the other stories a go then. Maybe I'll go for Shizune next, she seems like an interesting character, and her body is magnificent. And so is Misha's, even though she's somewhat shaped like a barrel. It's weird, I almost expected this game to be an interactive hentai with cripples, but fapping didn't even enter my mind. I did almost die on myself during the anal scene though :D

Shizune route spoilers: There is no threesome. :lol:

And great news! I'm finally back down to a single save file. :D All the choices in Rin's path had me hoarding about eight or nine. XD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

Xanatos wrote:
Kadadj wrote:
Nobody in Particular wrote:
Shizune route spoilers: There is no threesome. :lol:

And great news! I'm finally back down to a single save file. :D All the choices in Rin's path had me hoarding about eight or nine. XD
Awww :(
I did save before every decision, but never felt the need to go back on any of them, though, I still have no idea on what consequence each choice has. Still managed to get the happy ending though. Which is great, I think the bad one would have crushed me after spending so much time getting close to Emi.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kadadj wrote:Awww :(
I did save before every decision, but never felt the need to go back on any of them, though, I still have no idea on what consequence each choice has. Still managed to get the happy ending though. Which is great, I think the bad one would have crushed me after spending so much time getting close to Emi.
Go on and get them. :P The bad endings are sad as hell but really well done. Gives a bit more insight into Rin too. And ironically, it's the so-called "neutral" ending that made me feel worse.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

At the very least, you should go for Hanako's bad ending. The other paths and ending are great, but Hanako's bad ending is important in a way that the others simply aren't.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

There is no rule that says that you have to do 100%. If you had a really good experience with one route, then it can become really wierd if you are doing another route and "run into your old flame", or if you get a felling like you are cheating on your first girl.

I'd say take your time, relax and roll with the feels, and savor the game like a fine sipping wine. If/when you feel the need for a second route, then and only then go for it. Rinse and repeat if down the road you want to visit still another route.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Enceladeans

Post by Enceladeans »

Yes, play the other routes. KS is something best experienced fully.

Beware, though, if you got that big a reaction out of Emi's (it's OK, I did too), the other routes will destroy you. Maybe take a little break before you do the rest.
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

Ok, I started up the game again, this time going for Lilly, and I'm managing to keep somewhat emotionally distant, for now. I will try Rin last I think, since that's apparently very emotional.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kadadj wrote:Ok, I started up the game again, this time going for Lilly, and I'm managing to keep somewhat emotionally distant, for now. I will try Rin last I think, since that's apparently very emotional.
Enjoy.
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

Xanatos wrote:
Kadadj wrote:Ok, I started up the game again, this time going for Lilly, and I'm managing to keep somewhat emotionally distant, for now. I will try Rin last I think, since that's apparently very emotional.
Enjoy.
While I like Lilly much better as a person, and while she would be the one I would choose in real life, I feel that Hisao is really forcing himself on her and Hanako. Following her into town, following her to lunch etc. all the time.
The way Emi and Hisao was "forced" together felt much more natural.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kadadj wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Enjoy.
While I like Lilly much better as a person, and while she would be the one I would choose in real life, I feel that Hisao is really forcing himself on her and Hanako. Following her into town, following her to lunch etc. all the time.
The way Emi and Hisao was "forced" together felt much more natural.
Did he follow her to town and lunch or accompany her? I don't recall any stalking.
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

Xanatos wrote: Did he follow her to town and lunch or accompany her? I don't recall any stalking.
Lilly mentioned she was going into town, hours later Hisao goes down to see if he can find her. He also numerous times just blurts out with shit like "Can I come", "Mind if i tag along" etc. Lilly being Lilly though, It works out OK, but if I tried that with a girl, it would get real awkward, real fast :D
I like the progression of the story so far though, I couldn't help but smile at Hanakos reaction to her birthday gifts, and the social interaction is surprisingly plausible, despite Hisaos intrusive tendencies.
I have also learned that I need to keep an eye out for cute blind chicks. Being able to freely gaze at beauty must be amazing.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kadadj wrote:
Xanatos wrote: Did he follow her to town and lunch or accompany her? I don't recall any stalking.
Lilly mentioned she was going into town, hours later Hisao goes down to see if he can find her. He also numerous times just blurts out with shit like "Can I come", "Mind if i tag along" etc. Lilly being Lilly though, It works out OK, but if I tried that with a girl, it would get real awkward, real fast :D
I like the progression of the story so far though, I couldn't help but smile at Hanakos reaction to her birthday gifts, and the social interaction is surprisingly plausible, despite Hisaos intrusive tendencies.
I have also learned that I need to keep an eye out for cute blind chicks. Being able to freely gaze at beauty must be amazing.
That isn't following, that's going to see a friend. The rest isn't following either, it's accompanying. Believe it or not, it's normal to want to hang out with people you like. :P He does get too clingy though, which becomes a small story point.

And yeah, Hanako's party is nice...It's terrible during her own route though.
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

Xanatos wrote:
Kadadj wrote:
That isn't following, that's going to see a friend. The rest isn't following either, it's accompanying. Believe it or not, it's normal to want to hang out with people you like. :P He does get too clingy though, which becomes a small story point.

And yeah, Hanako's party is nice...It's terrible during her own route though.
I just finished Lillys route. A lot of the dialogue felt a bit melodramatic, and some of the lines felt forced and unnatural. It also felt a bit too long. It did get somewhat emotional in the final hour though, with Lilly being a cu*t and not telling Hisao she's leaving(even though she's all "Dont ever leave me Hisao, I love you!!!), but the fact that she came back makes up for that. I loved that Hanako grew so much though!
All in all, I'm not quite sure what to think, I feel somewhat emotionally confused, similarly to how I did on my first playtrough, but not nearly as much.
I will try Rin's next, she seems like a really intriguing character.
What's funny, is that this game is having the opposite effect on me than I thought it would, when I play it, I'm not horny at all. Sure, I look forward to the sex scenes, but more out of curiosity than anything else. It makes me evaluate my life, it makes me long for a deep personal connection with another human being.
Last edited by Kadadj on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

Oh God, never mind, as I sit here ruminating, I feel the feels slowly sweeping over me. I'm still somewhat disappointing that I haven't shed a single tear yet though.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kadadj wrote:Oh God, never mind, as I sit here ruminating, I feel the feels slowly sweeping over me. I'm still somewhat disappointing that I haven't shed a single tear yet though.
Nobody sheds tears. That's just being melodramatic. :P