Box art....?

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Re: Box art....?

Post by Peorth »

Rednal wrote:There was that 100% Completion CG from the game; would that be appropriate (and allowed)?
Unsure of if it's something specific to the demo or not, it could be good to use as a 'bonus poster' of sorts

maybe do a GTA and have a poster our 'Vitruvian Girls' with a large version of the 100% completion bonus from the demo on the back? I'd have no real way to replicate that in photoshop, though....heh.

Edit: Bit of an update

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Much better. Perhaps the red 'heart attack glow' could be put behind the type.
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

Working the screenshots in....

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.

Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

DuaneMoody wrote:Much better. Perhaps the red 'heart attack glow' could be put behind the type.

Which? The type on the spine? Or the blurb?
Either way, I'd have to ask the devs for that file, I guess...I don't have it handy ;P

DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

I was going to say the blurb, but it makes the spine stand out. Why not both?
Bara

Post by Bara »

I like it much as originaly presented. Kind of stark looking is cool to my eyes.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
lurk moar

Post by lurk moar »

Instead of using black for the background, try using the background image for these forums or something of the kind.
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

lurk moar wrote:Instead of using black for the background, try using the background image for these forums or something of the kind.

Will give it a shot....tomorrow zzzzzzzzz 8)

AnonymousSoup

Post by AnonymousSoup »

Seconding the use of of forum background texture. With the black and the fancy art work it looks like a horror/mystery game rather than light romance.
Also I'd slap a border around the screen caps, possibly a dark red like the forum name text. You could probably use four caps, one for each duo and one for a group shot or one of the path choices.

Seeing this is a very contemporary design would someone like to try a retro/minimalist approach a la the GAF collection?
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

AnonymousSoup wrote:Seconding the use of of forum background texture. With the black and the fancy art work it looks like a horror/mystery game rather than light romance.
Also I'd slap a border around the screen caps, possibly a dark red like the forum name text. You could probably use four caps, one for each duo and one for a group shot or one of the path choices.

Seeing this is a very contemporary design would someone like to try a retro/minimalist approach a la the GAF collection?
I'll think about it, I'm rather fond of the black background, I do have a few ideas to spruce it up, need the 'heart attack' texture, though.

lurk moar

Post by lurk moar »

Dark red border around the screen shots, some kind of loppdy-loop design.
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

lurk moar wrote:Dark red border around the screen shots, some kind of loppdy-loop design.
Aye, I'll just pull something like that outta me arse.

I'm not good at creating things from scratch in Photoshop, my specialty is reconstruction...It just so happens that I can adapt what skills I have to doing something like this ;)

Bara

Post by Bara »

Peorth wrote:
lurk moar wrote:Dark red border around the screen shots, some kind of loppdy-loop design.
Aye, I'll just pull something like that outta me arse.

I'm not good at creating things from scratch in Photoshop, my specialty is reconstruction...It just so happens that I can adapt what skills I have to doing something like this ;)
Hey if your doing the work for this idea, Peorth, just do it the way you want to see it in the end. If someone comes up with a idea you think kicks butt and you feel it improves what you came up with or is a challenge to do thats fine also. You want something you can say is prettty good in the end; not confused or messy.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

Bit stalled on this project, feeling uninspired. Will continue work when I can :)

Guess

Post by Guess »

I do like the art, but it looks way too freaky for this kind of game. The snapshots making up a girl looks like the work of a psychopath trying to "build" the image of the "perfect cripple girl" or something. What if the span-shot construct is on the background of the back cover instead of the plain black BG? For it to not be covered, or not entirely, the lettering could be either on its side or over it and the ingame snapshots could be at the other side.

Sorry if it comes out a little rude, that's not what I meant.