Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Camoufrage

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Camoufrage »

Xanatos wrote: @Camoufrage: It's been one page, actually. She had a problem, I addressed it. She came back with the aftermath to that problem a page ago and I addressed it as well, as I will continue to do for any other problem here as I see fit, regardless of who has already done so. Nobody here has a monopoly on concern.
Check back, she posted about the proposal on page 13, ever since its been pretty much purely about that (along with French law, etc.)
128-Up

Post by 128-Up »

Hello... You may have seen me around here a couple of times, still with a guest account.

I was trying to not post in here for as long as I could, buuuut...

Long story short, I'm probably considered as one of those "But I'd be cheating on Hanako" people.
Yes, I have admitted falling in love with her elsewhere (on the internet) and everyone accepted.
Yes, I have read all the posts saying "Hanako represents <this>" and so on.
Yes, I feel rather... empty... without someone to love. Hence Hanako's "position", for lack of a better term.

I have full body ezcema, resulting in a hell of a lot of flaking. Whilst my medicine is working, it depresses me. And yes, I am fully aware of the "there are people worse off" thing. Doesn't do much.

I'm... also kinda reluctant to actually make an account here. Too shy and frightened to make a move myself.

...I'm just depressed in general. Sorry if this post doesn't belong here.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Beoran wrote:Walrusfella, you're not sure of a job until the contract is signed, and then there's even a testing period, so you're not even sure then. It's hard but that's how it is. They have the right to change their mind as much as you also do. I had to send out over 300 resumes to get only a few concrete job offers, and although I have signed on for one job, I still have to take care, because if they don't like me in September when I start there, I may be out of there in a week. So don't let one setback get you down. Keep on looking, and send out a boatload of resumes, even to companies that don't have any current job offers but that seem like you could work there. It's fine to use e-mail nowadays for most companies so spam away. :)

Also, it's a lot of work to find work, and I know it can feel disappointing to get rejected many times. Don't take it personally. If you get rejected after a job interview, try to figure out why if possible so you can improve your job interview or resume. Also check if you are getting enough response. The goal is to get called or get a positive e-mail reply around once for every 10 resume's sent (10%). If not, your resume needs to be improved, or the companies you send it to need to be better selected. Also, normally at job interview, always the same, or similar questions are being asked. Look for a list of common job interview questions and be sure to have a truthful yet positive answer to all of them. Finally, the response you'll get will be less during summer and winter holidays (the bosses take holidays too). All in all, keep up the good work. It my take a whole year, but I'm sure you'll find a better job eventually.

Edit: Also, if you hear often in a job interview that they complain you lack certain skills, then you may need to get some education first before continuing your search to fill that gap. Sometimes just going at it doesn't work, and then you need an alternate strategy.
That's all very good advice, Beoran, which I have condensed down to a friendly and well-meaning "suck it up and drive on". :) So that's what I'll do. I had fooled myself with this one because it was one I really wanted, and I had everything they asked for, and I did better in the interview than I usually do. I've asked for feedback on what I could have done better, but they're being tight lipped about it. I'm already working on some more applications. Thanks.

Kouryuu, I definitely feel the same frustration. I suppose the only way we'll make progress is if we keep at it and follow good advice.
Last edited by Walrusfella on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

128-Up wrote:Hello... You may have seen me around here a couple of times, still with a guest account.

Long story short, I'm probably considered as one of those "But I'd be cheating on Hanako" people.
Yes, I have admitted falling in love with her elsewhere (on the internet) and everyone accepted.
Yes, I feel rather... empty... without someone to love. Hence Hanako's "position", for lack of a better term.

I have full body ezcema, resulting in a hell of a lot of flaking. Whilst my medicine is working, it depresses me. And yes, I am fully aware of the "there are people worse off" thing. Doesn't do much.

I'm... also kinda reluctant to actually make an account here. Too shy and frightened to make a move myself.

Of course it belongs here, bro. How long ago did you finish Hanako's route? a lot of people feel this way when they first completed the game. HELL, I did! The key is to accept that she is NOT real. And the people who accepted you are in love with this girl is WRONG.

whether you like it or not falling in love with something that is not real can be a problem. It can be without a problem aswell, but for the most part you need to get over it.

It sucks, I know. and I used to have anti deppresants when I was younger. So I guess slightly know what you mean. I mean, it isnt as bad as ezcema. ALTHOUGH I had some awful eczema on my finger at one point during middle school. It was GOD-AWFUL... I dont know how much of your body has it but GOD just my finger was nigh unbarable.

Realize that in hanako's position she found love aswell. What you fail to understand is that you arent in love with Hanako, you ARE Hanako. You need to find your Hisao, really.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

128-Up wrote:Hello... You may have seen me around here a couple of times, still with a guest account.

Don't feel so anxious. This forum is pervasively (perversely, too) friendly most of the time - and ludicrously funny at others. As for this thread, that's basically what it's for - heartache isn't just a romantic issue, or a medical one.

As for anonymity, I wouldn't worry about it so much. I, personally, use this name everywhere, but that's a me thing. You could call yourself 'FuzzyPickle' for all we care, it's just a label for the largely anonymous user we might recognize somewhere on the forum.

What i'm saying is, this is a rather forgiving community of misfits, so don't be apprehensive about coming in to speak your mind.

I've no personal experience with eczema (I'm assuming you flipped the z and c around unintentionally), but like your anonymity, we largely don't have any issues with whatever might ail you. Most of the frequent visiors try to offer some kind words or advice about dealing with whatever problems others might be having - mostly because they have problems of their own.

It's like that song: Lean on me; or us, rather.
Last edited by Helbereth on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Camoufrage wrote:

Of course it belongs here, bro. How long ago did you finish Hanako's route? a lot of people feel this way when they first completed the game. HELL, I did! The key is to accept that she is NOT real. And the people who accepted you are in love with this girl is WRONG.

whether you like it or not falling in love with something that is not real can be a problem. It can be without a problem aswell, but for the most part you need to get over it.

It sucks, I know. and I used to have anti deppresants when I was younger. So I guess slightly know what you mean. I mean, it isnt as bad as ezcema. ALTHOUGH I had some awful eczema on my finger at one point during middle school. It was GOD-AWFUL... I dont know how much of your body has it but GOD just my finger was nigh unbarable.

Realize that in hanako's position she found love aswell. What you fail to understand is that you arent in love with Hanako, you ARE Hanako. You need to find your Hisao, really.
I finished Hanako's route two months ago. Since then, I have completed Lilly's, Shizune's, and Emi's arcs (all endings) along with the Act 1 Bad Ending.
I fully admit that I am parallel to Hanako, hence why I hold her so close. In the words of some of my friends, "the girl may not be real, but her impact is".
If anything, Hanako is... kind of a placeholder, for lack of better words.

I have tried for love several times... all of which ending in failure, a particularly jarring example being when my then girlfriend couldn't cope with my depression at its worst.

...Oh, and should I be scared about being here? ._.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Guest wrote:...Oh, and should I be scared about being here? ._.
No, in fact what I said to you is probably as harsh as its gonna get for the most part. Most people are very mushy mushy about everything, and that has its ups and downs. Definitely shouldnt be scared, this is one of the safest forums around.
128-Up

Post by 128-Up »

Camoufrage wrote:
No, in fact what I said to you is probably as harsh as its gonna get for the most part. Most people are very mushy mushy about everything, and that has its ups and downs. Definitely shouldnt be scared, this is one of the safest forums around.
...Here I am, then...

I don't know what to do...
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

128-Up wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:
...Here I am, then...

Get an avatar! Post in threads! :lol:
128-Up

Post by 128-Up »

Camoufrage wrote:
128-Up wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:No, in fact what I said to you is probably as harsh as its gonna get for the most part. Most people are very mushy mushy about everything, and that has its ups and downs. Definitely shouldnt be scared, this is one of the safest forums around.
...Here I am, then...

Get an avatar! Post in threads! :lol:
...I meant about my situation.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

There isnt much for me to tell you. My advice would be to try as hard as you can to get over it. I know its hard but accepting that what you want isnt real is much better than sulking about the fact that it isnt.It happened naturally for me over time (about a day lol), so I dont know if I am equipped to tell you exactly what to do.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Guest wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:

I finished Hanako's route two months ago. Since then, I have completed Lilly's, Shizune's, and Emi's arcs (all endings) along with the Act 1 Bad Ending.
I fully admit that I am parallel to Hanako, hence why I hold her so close. In the words of some of my friends, "the girl may not be real, but her impact is".
If anything, Hanako is... kind of a placeholder, for lack of better words.

I have tried for love several times... all of which ending in failure, a particularly jarring example being when my then girlfriend couldn't cope with my depression at its worst.

...Oh, and should I be scared about being here? ._.
Yes, you should. We're actually zombies around here.

There is nothing wrong with a placeholder as long as you remember that's all it is: A placeholder. Placeholders, by definition, are temporary. I live day-by-day, latching onto fictional characters because it's all I know how to do. I don't make significant connections with people. Hell, I completely detach from the people here as soon as I log out, and the same occurs with people in person: Once I'm done talking, they're nothing. Passing phantoms. But...I make powerful, lasting connections to the characters. But I'm *fully aware I can't live the remainder of life this way so I am, albeit slowly, making changes. (*Intellectually aware, mind. I'm emotionally content to live that way but mentally, I'm much too aware of the problems inherent in that, so I cannot be fully okay with it.) You can survive with your placeholder but you cannot really live that way.

Failure is a part of the human condition. Humans will fail, and often. But you say you've tried several times: That shows persistence. Laws of probability say persistence will pay off eventually. It can be soon or later, easy or difficult, but it's bound to pay off in time. Keep trying, and you'll succeed at some point. Of course, you could stop trying but that placeholder won't last forever. Failure is unpleasant. Giving up is easy. But giving up means accepting failure, and every miserable implication it comes with. When you got a bad ending in KS, did you just move on to the next route or quit the game? No, you didn't, because those endings represent failure and failure sucks. But it's a part of life, and a damn depressing part at that. That's why this place is here. Persistence is key. If you persist, you will inevitably succeed. When you fail, and you will because this is life, you can come here. Support keeps up morale.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

Thanks you guys for the responces, your support means a lot to me in dire time like these.

Anyway, here is something that happened.

After perhaps an hour, it seemed Mr.Condom-in-Jacket went home, so I decided to go buy some tomatoes for what my friend is cooking while he watched the meal; I mean, everything was safe, right? Wrong.

Mr.condom-in-jacket never went home. He just turned the street and parked his car there, right in front of the grocer as if predicting my moves. He brought some Taco and fast food with him too. He got out from his car and I decided to talk to him for one last time, maybe it'll knock some sense into him. I had a pepper spray can in my bag, if anything went wrong.

I told him that what he was doing was not going to make or relationship better, it will only make it worse; and that his love, infatuation, or whatever it is, was pointless. His responce quite shocked me.

He told me he did what he did just for the sake of doing it, and that he didn't accept rejection well. He told me that quite simply, he found me ugly, but he just wanted to be with me because he wanted to and he was able to. He told me he'll make me accept him, because he could not be rejected.

He also told me he'll stay away for the next two hours because he wanted to go change and shower before comming back. Hitting him would have had me arrested, because it would have counted as me abusing his personal rights as citizen, so I left him in the middle of his chatting and walked off.

This bastart is looking for trouble. Serious trouble.
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Myshina wrote:[snip] This bastard is looking for trouble. Serious trouble.
...You know, some people just need to be executed for the good of the species. That's really all that can be said now. He either needs SEVERE psychological help or he needs to die. Way to pick 'em. :lol:

Also, I can't fashion a nickname out of "Myshina" and it bugs me. XD
Last edited by Xanatos on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

Xanatos wrote:
Myshina wrote:[snip] This bastard is looking for trouble. Serious trouble.
...You know, some people just need to be executed for the good of the species. That's really all that can be said now. He either needs SEVERE psychological help or he needs to die. Way to pick 'em. :lol: Also, I can't fashion a nickname out of "Myshina" and it bugs me. XD
If he gets executed, it'll improve humanity's genes.

Yes, it is quite hard to get a nickname out of Myshina.
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!