Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tomate

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Tomate »

Nyzer wrote:(what the hell, French law?)
I found it hard to believe that the cops would do nothing about that dude, then i decided to check some facts, after a quick search i found out that France does not have a specific anti stalking law.

Weird, uh?
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

Tomate wrote:
Nyzer wrote:(what the hell, French law?)
I found it hard to believe that the cops would do nothing about that dude, then i decided to check some facts, after a quick search i found out that France does not have a specific anti stalking law.

Weird, uh?
The French community think that they have perfect Citizens, because of the low crime rate. That's why they don't really have strict laws.
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Well, having less things that can be considered a crime is one way to have a lower crime rate, I guess.
Not Dead Yet
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

Oddball wrote:Well, having less things that can be considered a crime is one way to have a lower crime rate, I guess.

There are also some laws that are only applied to certain regions.
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

The French law defines Stalking as "Disturbing the peace", its the same thing here in Brazil, usually the punishment is very lenient too.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Myshina, I guess I was being too optimistic. Proposing to someone, being madly in love with a person, or even getting into drunk antics are one thing, stalking you *after you even tried to give him a second chance, and told him explicitly to take it more slowly* is something completely different. He really sounds like he misses basic respect for you, and that could even be dangerous. Do get as many friends you can, perhaps call the landlord too, he or she might object more forcefully against this man's presence. I hope he understand soon that he is the one who has made a mistake, and that you are not the person he is idealizing.

I am worried, and I hope you will be safe. Id on't know what the right coure of actions is to make things clear to him, but maybe getting really angry at him "Hanako's bad ending style" might impress him? Anyway, whatever you decide to do, I hope it will go well, and that he will go away soon and moreover start to understand what exactly he did wrong so he doesn' t blame you. Too bad posting a message here to support you is all I can do for you.

Edit: and I feel I have to apologize for missing the mark on this guy. I hope my bad advice didn't get you into any more problems. I like to help people, but sometimes I have a knack for making a bad situation worse though my clumsiness and mediocre social skills.
Last edited by Beoran on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
zrazz

Post by zrazz »

Hey everyone, here is probably the most feels I have ever felt. So I am disabled, I was born with basically half a right arm, and my whole life I've never fit in because school's couldn't accommodate or people would just pass me by. So because of a solitary life style I was drawn to philosophy and art as a means to escape my self, by no means was I good at art and philosophy wise my thoughts would barely even make sense to me. So as expected I had a pretty rough life growing up, well here recently a freind says I should check out Katawa Shoujo, says I'd enjoy it, which I do but I have never felt more connected to a fictional character then I feel connected to Rin. However I have yet to do Rin's story path as I've been told without my serious connection its more then you can bare without needing to curl up into a ball. So I'm honestly scared of how it will turn out, I don't think I am ready. Can you guys help me learn to deal with this all?
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Hey everyone, here is probably the most feels I have ever felt. So I am disabled, I was born with basically half a right arm, and my whole life I've never fit in because school's couldn't accommodate or people would just pass me by. So because of a solitary life style I was drawn to philosophy and art as a means to escape my self, by no means was I good at art and philosophy wise my thoughts would barely even make sense to me. So as expected I had a pretty rough life growing up, well here recently a freind says I should check out Katawa Shoujo, says I'd enjoy it, which I do but I have never felt more connected to a fictional character then I feel connected to Rin. However I have yet to do Rin's story path as I've been told without my serious connection its more then you can bare without needing to curl up into a ball. So I'm honestly scared of how it will turn out, I don't think I am ready. Can you guys help me learn to deal with this all?
Rin's path can be pretty rough, but it's not all gloom and doom either.

Play it.

If you think you need some help coming to terms with things after you finish, then post what you feel and if we'll see what advice we can give you based on that.
Not Dead Yet
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

zrazz, thank you for your story. It seems to me the circle has been closed, and KS has finally reached those people in reality who are depicted in it fictionally. Don't be afraid, though. I felt deeply when I played Rin's path, and I think you will do so even more, but from those feelings you will learn a lot, and perhaps they will inspire you to look for a better life. But all in all it's still fiction. Do use a split save before the important decisions, so you can go back if you get a bad ending.

There's only so much we can do here over the internet. I can attempt to give some advice, for what it's worth, and I can't guarantee I won't make any mistakes there. But tell us your story and we will listen. That's what this thread is for. I hope you will enjoy playing Rin's path, and I hope that somehow and someday you will find a way to make your life better.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

Rin's storyline is not played from her perspective, but what you can glean from her perspective is that not only is she terrible at putting what she's thinking into words, but she has no idea what she wants to make of her life. Her involvement with Hisao, the main character, basically forces her to do both. Minor spoiler alert: she struggles. Hard. Hisao's choices aren't that clear-cut in the route... they're kind of subtle, frankly... but they can affect how well she understands other people, how much she accepts that people won't ever completely understand others' thoughts, her opinions on art, love, and how either, or both, will be part of her future... Out of her good, bad, and neutral endings, none of them are "perfect" and all have a negative side to them.
From Hisao's perspective, going down her route has him taking the longest time out of any route to really break out of his own mild depression (arguably, he doesn't at all, unless her "good" ending happens... and of course the other ones push him a little further into that depression) as well as facing most of the same struggles she does, if not with quite as many problems.

Actually, in truth, basically nothing at all in her route has her having difficulty dealing with a lack of arms. There's uh... her difficulty with her period (played for laughs), her difficulty with getting herself off(not played for laughs), and her asking for help drying off (that one's a seduction). Sure, those things exist, but she doesn't seem to see them as much of an issue, and they're not really treated as issues by anyone else either.
Last edited by Nyzer on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
zrazz

Post by zrazz »

Beoran wrote:zrazz, thank you for your story. It seems to me the circle has been closed, and KS has finally reached those people in reality who are depicted in it fictionally. Don't be afraid, though. I felt deeply when I played Rin's path, and I think you will do so even more, but from those feelings you will learn a lot, and perhaps they will inspire you to look for a better life. But all in all it's still fiction. Do use a split save before the important decisions, so you can go back if you get a bad ending.

There's only so much we can do here over the internet. I can attempt to give some advice, for what it's worth, and I can't guarantee I won't make any mistakes there. But tell us your story and we will listen. That's what this thread is for. I hope you will enjoy playing Rin's path, and I hope that somehow and someday you will find a way to make your life better.
Thanks guys, you are all pretty cool people. I do use a split save as I have learned from past experiences that it is good. and I will most definitely be sharing my story after I do Rin's story line
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

zrazz wrote:I have never felt more connected to a fictional character then I feel connected to Rin. However I have yet to do Rin's story path as I've been told without my serious connection its more then you can bare without needing to curl up into a ball. So I'm honestly scared of how it will turn out, I don't think I am ready. Can you guys help me learn to deal with this all?
I definitely know this, it affected me so much I still have only done one path... Hanako... <3

We'll all still be here for you when you finish, which btw you definitely should!! It will be an amazing rollercoaster experience and I know in the end it will be an experience worth having. Oops now I'm just hyping up the game!

@Beoran - to what you said a few pages ago now, I will get a job, one day I will just snap and apply to some jobs I dont really want to do and get one of them. Then its just a matter of coping but after a few months I should be fine. Then I can head towards my dreams and all this fucked upness will be worth it :D.

@Myshina - sorry to hear all that, that fucking guy... I feel bad for him in a way but at the same time, wtf was going through his mind? I hope your friend can keep you safe, though if he hasnt tried to get in yet he may not... though desperation could get ugly... argh. Just have a plan if he tried to get in, your friend keeps him busy while you call the police or something...
Image Kaede <3
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Myshina wrote:Hey guys~! [snip]
Yeah, this guy's not worth it. Ditch him. Knock him out, tie him up, abandon him in the desert. Now he's gone past infatuated to plain crazy. Get some friends around to keep his stalker ass away.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Xanatos wrote:
Myshina wrote:Hey guys~! [snip]
Yeah, this guy's not worth it. Ditch him. Knock him out, tie him up, abandon him in the desert. Now he's gone past infatuated to plain crazy. Get some friends around to keep his stalker ass away.
I think she gets the message after 4 whole pages of conversation about her problem. Don't start it up again

Zrazz, I think that's the first time I read something on this thread that actually made me feel something for the person. Man, Rins route is one of, if not the best. Even when you take the arms out of the equation (or lack thereof). You should play it. I think you'll love it.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

zrazz wrote:Hey everyone, here is probably the most feels I have ever felt. So I am disabled, I was born with basically half a right arm, and my whole life I've never fit in because school's couldn't accommodate or people would just pass me by. So because of a solitary life style I was drawn to philosophy and art as a means to escape my self, by no means was I good at art and philosophy wise my thoughts would barely even make sense to me. So as expected I had a pretty rough life growing up, well here recently a freind says I should check out Katawa Shoujo, says I'd enjoy it, which I do but I have never felt more connected to a fictional character then I feel connected to Rin. However I have yet to do Rin's story path as I've been told without my serious connection its more then you can bare without needing to curl up into a ball. So I'm honestly scared of how it will turn out, I don't think I am ready. Can you guys help me learn to deal with this all?
Haven't done Rin's path but it's only a game in the end. Play it through and see what it does for you. Hanako's route had some pretty crummy effects on me but it all passes eventually...Ideally. More likely, it'll just dull down but stick around anyway, which isn't a bad thing if you use it as motivation. Check out the route and see how it goes. If you need help or advice with anything, pop in for a chat. There's usually always somebody lurking around here to talk. Just watch out for magical dogs...

@Camoufrage: It's been one page, actually. She had a problem, I addressed it. She came back with the aftermath to that problem a page ago and I addressed it as well, as I will continue to do for any other problem here as I see fit, regardless of who has already done so. Nobody here has a monopoly on concern.
Last edited by Xanatos on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."