Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xiious

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Xiious »

She always said she'd rather have a more ordinary name, something not as exotic. She didn't like drawing attention to herself and her hair wasn't helping any. She always told me she'd rather have a plain name. I laughed at her for that..
Vivi239

Post by Vivi239 »

I too have had a rough time with school through being bullied/picked on. I was quite young when I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, around preschool age if I recall. Because of my differences from 'normal' people in school, I was often teased and picked on due to my social awkwardness and difficulty with being able to 'change gears'. In spite of this throughout most of my school life I was a social butterfly as the saying goes. It was a few years after high school where I experienced most likely my most emotionally painful experience. I won't go into exact specifics, but basically, I had a girlfriend, and some of our mutual 'friends' convinced her to break up with me, and then afterwards stabbed me in the back. As a result of this, it is extremely difficult for me to be able to truly trust others anymore.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

@Myshina: HEAVY storytime. One of these days I'll get around to posting some storytime of my own, but this is pretty much damned close to it. NUTS. Good to see you came outta that pretty A-OK. Like Helbereth says, shit was SURREAL.

@Xiious: Good on ya. Catharsis is the best Goddamned thing. Also, that's the stuff dreams are made of. Things like that make me really appreciate the fact that my existence is linear and going by way too fast, because little bursts of coolness like your Melody here that worm their way into your lives, no matter for how long, give the big picture some awesome parts.
... Danger.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Insert generic whining of my wireless internet fucking me over and forcing me back into my old habit of hanging out in coffee shops only buying one item that gets free refills and pirating episodes of My Little Pony.
...okay i'm laying about the last one, i'm actually focusing on Power Rangers Time Force right now for my stupid review thing, but still. Aside from me getting fucked over by my phone and internet service (I guess the sky would fall if a decent human being worked in AT&T) it's been a boring week, and nothing particularly emotionally traumatic happened aside from me watching Pulp Fiction with a trivia track running in the subtitles and realizing how stupid i was for not noticing the implication was that Butch keyed Vega's car. Anyone else here have something more interesting to talk about?
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Total Destruction

Aw, fuckin' BALLS.

I just got a call right now that my dad's Godfather died. Cool old guy, would've turned NINETY-FUCKING-SIX on the first of August. Sure, it bums me out, but it's not like I didn't see it coming, Dude was OLD. The guy was rock-fucking-solid, hadn't seen me since I was a baby until VERY recently, like the past three years or so, and basically gave me a warm welcome into the tightest family ever, and really rekindled my sense of family that was damned near irreparably damaged for a minute. RIP.

I'm just really mad that he's on the West Coast and I'm currently working up in the Northeast. I'm not going to make it to the funeral.

Fuck.
... Danger.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

That sucks. Both my grandfathers died before I was born. One of them was probably an awesome guy, too... the other was an asshole, I heard. Funerals are ceremonial more than anything else. Having attended both my grandmother's funerals, it's just melancholy and bad food coupled with pallid expressions and awkward reunions.

I was actually at the hospital the night my mother's mother died, and I think I'd give that memory back to the ether if I could. I'd rather remember them the way they were alive, not the empty shell left behind, grotesquely painted and posed cryptically.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Total Destruction, my condoleances. I whish there's anything better I could say than that.

Vivi239, Thanks for your story. It's hard when you are betrayed to trust again, but the think to keep in mind is that fortunately and unfortunately not everyone can be trusted. The difficulty is finding out who is reliable. Trusting someone who is reliable isn't hard at all. Keep on looking for such people. I hope you will find some of them very soon. :)
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Total Destruction

Beoran wrote:Total Destruction, my condoleances. I whish there's anything better I could say than that.
Doesn't get much better. :D
... Danger.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Balls indeed buddy, that sucks. Sounds like he was a great guy. I guess you could try your best to live to his example.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

The black flinty thing people refer to as my heart goes out to you Total Destruction. A death in the family involving someone you actually like is a hard thing to go through.

...obviously i'm not the best at giving condolences, so i'll just quit while i'm ahead.
Total Destruction

Thanks, dudes. It's just really bad because I'm all the fucking way up here and I can't DO anything. I can't crack one open with the uncles and tell stories until we're too blitzed to see straight, and I can't see the family and physically hold them and tell them that, hey, he's still there, yanno?

I've had to bury an awful lotta really good people lately. It's just bumming me out that I'm not there.

Indeed, I got a lotta work ahead of me to be that awesome to MY inevitable grandkids and godchildren.
... Danger.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Total Destruction wrote:Thanks, dudes. It's just really bad because I'm all the fucking way up here and I can't DO anything. I can't crack one open with the uncles and tell stories until we're too blitzed to see straight, and I can't see the family and physically hold them and tell them that, hey, he's still there, yanno?

I've had to bury an awful lotta really good people lately. It's just bumming me out that I'm not there.

Indeed, I got a lotta work ahead of me to be that awesome to MY inevitable grandkids and godchildren.

That's the way to be! In a way, i envy you.
I don't remember what good people look like anymore. I swear, this shit just makes me want to flee my home country: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/22/r ... otherhood/
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

Pyramid Head wrote:
Total Destruction wrote:Thanks, dudes. It's just really bad because I'm all the fucking way up here and I can't DO anything. I can't crack one open with the uncles and tell stories until we're too blitzed to see straight, and I can't see the family and physically hold them and tell them that, hey, he's still there, yanno?

I don't remember what good people look like anymore. I swear, this shit just makes me want to flee my home country: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/22/r ... otherhood/
yeah and when someone like Romney is running it makes you wanna run away
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Eraser35 wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:

yeah and when someone like Romney is running it makes you wanna run away
The fact that Mittens is kind of tame compared to the rest of his party makes me wonder what the hell happened. I know the party started going down hill ever since the Reagan administration largely thanks to Reagan himself being basically a whore for American big business and Gingrich but STILL, it's fucking ridiculous what type of lunatics that are not just running but WINNING these days.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Pyramid Head wrote:The fact that Mittens is kind of tame compared to the rest of his party makes me wonder what the hell happened. I know the party started going down hill ever since the Reagan administration largely thanks to Reagan himself being basically a whore for American big business and Gingrich but STILL, it's fucking ridiculous what type of lunatics that are not just running but WINNING these days.
I just want to toss it out there that I never voted for Romney in the state elections - and I can't support his intended presidency. I'm largely conservative in mindset, but party lines don't exist for me when it comes to the voting booth. That in mind, I don't think I'll be voting in the presidential election...

Enough about that, though. No sense sparking a political debate here, I just didn't want my location to pigeon-hole anyone's preconceptions.