Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

James W

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by James W »

Hey guys, I just finished Emi's path after playing a VN for the very first time. I felt compelled to register and post on this site as I can't believe how much this game has motivated and touched me. I have been an avid anime fan for a long while but only the other day did my friend recommend this VN. I am so glad I gave it ago =] and that it has also inspired a great deal of other people too. The fact that this topic has reached 97 pages is a testament to that. I have started to run in the mornings (now I wont be nagged to take the dogs out XD) as well as do things that I've been putting off for a while. Also I just like to say the music for this game is wonderful I'm listening to it right now ^.^. A big shout out to the dev team and everyone involved that made the game and to the people that are now exercising because of it. Keep it up!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

James W wrote:Hey guys, I just finished Emi's path after playing a VN for the very first time. I felt compelled to register and post on this site as I can't believe how much this game has motivated and touched me. I have been an avid anime fan for a long while but only the other day did my friend recommend this VN. I am so glad I gave it ago =] and that it has also inspired a great deal of other people too. The fact that this topic has reached 97 pages is a testament to that. I have started to run in the mornings (now I wont be nagged to take the dogs out XD) as well as do things that I've been putting off for a while. Also I just like to say the music for this game is wonderful I'm listening to it right now ^.^. A big shout out to the dev team and everyone involved that made the game and to the people that are now exercising because of it. Keep it up!
Do try the other paths. They are rather entertaining...If unpleasant in their bad endings.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
James W

Post by James W »

Xanatos wrote:
Do try the other paths. They are rather entertaining...If unpleasant in their bad endings.
I definitely intend to complete them all, not sure about the bad ones tho =P. Originally I wanted to do to Hanko's route (which I am doing now) but I ended up on Emi's, I can't say that I regret it at all =].
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Ouch.

Just did a pushup exhaustion test again. Last time, I really pushed myself to beyond my limit to get 101. I finished, and lay on the floor for about 5 minutes because I was that beat, whereas now I was able to stand up right away and go type this (it's late :P I wanna go to bed :P), and it's beenabout 3 weeks since I last did pushups, and I managed 75. Still got a way to go before I can reliably get to 100. Also, I was still feeling tired at about the 35 mark, I'd like to be able to do 50 pushups without a problem as well.

It's like my Bto10K xD
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
James W

Post by James W »

Althamus wrote:Ouch.

Just did a pushup exhaustion test again. Last time, I really pushed myself to beyond my limit to get 101. I finished, and lay on the floor for about 5 minutes because I was that beat, whereas now I was able to stand up right away and go type this (it's late :P I wanna go to bed :P), and it's beenabout 3 weeks since I last did pushups, and I managed 75. Still got a way to go before I can reliably get to 100. Also, I was still feeling tired at about the 35 mark, I'd like to be able to do 50 pushups without a problem as well.

It's like my Bto10K xD
Nice, I can't even do one pushup =P. Maybe I should start start doing some as well as running and gradually build up as I become more able.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

James W wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I definitely intend to complete them all, not sure about the bad ones tho =P. Originally I wanted to do to Hanko's route (which I am doing now) but I ended up on Emi's, I can't say that I regret it at all =].
Ha. I ended up on Emi's while meaning to go to Hanako's too. I'd say if you don't like the idea of bad endings, just grab the bad ones after finishing the good ones. They do add a bit to the experience. And don't forget the picnic. ;P And Nurse help you if you slip onto Hanako's bad ending the first time through...

And to keep to the topic: Tried to do a pushup. Can't do a pushup. Must learn to do a pushup.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Nullc0de

Post by Nullc0de »

Xanatos wrote:Tried to do a pushup. Can't do a pushup. Must learn to do a pushup.
I feel your pain, tried to do the exhaustion test (since jogging is just impossible at the moment) and I couldn't even start, it felt so bad =(

Gonna try it again after my jogging schedule is up and running (pun not intended), might be a good filling activity during my jogging offdays.

Pathing: Lily / Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Character: Lily / Hanako > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Akros

Post by Akros »

Ok, so W8D3 done at last, and tomorrow some football and push ups again

BTW, the last 4-5 pages have been mainly offtopic, please try to stick to the main theme of the thread or it may get closed
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Nullc0de wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Tried to do a pushup. Can't do a pushup. Must learn to do a pushup.
I feel your pain, tried to do the exhaustion test (since jogging is just impossible at the moment) and I couldn't even start, it felt so bad =(

Gonna try it again after my jogging schedule is up and running (pun not intended), might be a good filling activity during my jogging offdays.
My crappy cripple arm can't support any weight at all and my good one can't support enough to lift me alone. Even without that, I find it difficult to bend the elbow joint properly for the exercise...

And, as I was reminded upon the attempt, I lack all but the most rudimentary voluntary muscle control in my right foot so it's literally impossible to position it the right way for pushups. I can't move it at the joint so it just dangles uselessly instead of settling onto the balls of the foot as it should...And even if I adjusted it right, it'd be an exercise in futility to hold the positioning given the lack of control.

I've since compensated for all of this by modifying the method and positioning of the exercise though I'm unsure if it works exactly the same muscles now...I think it does though. Either way, it was all sorts of depressing to run into so many obstacles...The first bit I could fix with some strengthening but there's nothing I can do when there's simply no ability to command the muscles.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Think of how awesome it would to turn your regular arm into a very strong one. :p That's probably my favourite thing to think about when I'm exercising. You can't concentrate on the pain when you've got tunnel vision and all you can see is the finish line.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Think of how awesome it would to turn your regular arm into a very strong one. :p That's probably my favourite thing to think about when I'm exercising. You can't concentrate on the pain when you've got tunnel vision and all you can see is the finish line.
Well, the stronger it gets, the more noticeable its shrunken defective partner is by comparison. :lol: Anyway, barring distractions or just plain procrastination (I share Hisao's vice there), the exhaustion test happens tomorrow. Also looking to get a treadmill. Too hot/humid outside to keep up daily motivation for running.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Xanatos wrote:Anyway, barring distractions or just plain procrastination (I share Hisao's vice there)

Don't even, gurlfrend. I'm the king of procrastination.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

James W wrote:Hey guys, I just finished Emi's path after playing a VN for the very first time. I felt compelled to register and post on this site as I can't believe how much this game has motivated and touched me. I have been an avid anime fan for a long while but only the other day did my friend recommend this VN. I am so glad I gave it ago =] and that it has also inspired a great deal of other people too. The fact that this topic has reached 97 pages is a testament to that. I have started to run in the mornings (now I wont be nagged to take the dogs out XD) as well as do things that I've been putting off for a while. Also I just like to say the music for this game is wonderful I'm listening to it right now ^.^. A big shout out to the dev team and everyone involved that made the game and to the people that are now exercising because of it. Keep it up!
Keep it up buddy, we'd be glad to have more friends hangin' out here sharin their updates and stuff.
and Akros is right. Please do stay in this topic. Otherwise, you can message each other when ya wanna talk abt other stuff. (or make a new thread or something...)

(I don't wanna pick a fight. I know some internet people get mad by a simple statement like these lolz)

update: repeated W3D2 of Emi's push-up guide since I got nothing to do. Tomorrow shall be the start of D3! (and hopefully a nice successful jog on saturday morning)

This thread can really get closed coz of being off topic? srsly? That'd be sad...
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

ZXRN wrote:This thread can really get closed coz of being off topic? srsly? That'd be sad...
If consistantly and blatantly yes. But it is a rather wide range topic so we are fairly safe as long as fights and flame wars don't break out

Also!

- Rin 100 push-ups chart with revisions and now 100% less arms.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
James W

Post by James W »

Well this week I have been running twice, cycling once and played badmintion twice as well. Taking a days break between them. My legs feel like led and I am very tired now though I definitely feel much better for it. I hope I can keep it up :D