Hidaeki

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

lvrr325

Hidaeki

Post by lvrr325 »

Having played Lilly's route to the happy ending I was curious if anything more is ever explained about Hidaeki and his unusual appearance, perhaps in a route I haven't played yet given his relation to some of the other characters.

If not, what's the deal, just throwing in that particular quirk at random? Other than providing a contrast to the character he appears with in this route, there doesn't seem to be any specific plot relevance.
Helbereth

Re: Hidaeki

Post by Helbereth »

Hint: He's Shizune's brother.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

It is his passive/agressive way of rebelling against Jigoro. Maybe ;)

But yeah, play Shizune's route for a lot more info on him.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

[quote="ravenlord"]It is his passive/agressive way of rebelling against Jigoro. Maybe

Best explanation for Hideaki's behavior.
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

My favorite explanation is that Shizune used to dress him up as a girl for funsies, and he just kinda got used to it.
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

without their mother and shizune being away at yamaku, jigoro forced hideaki to dress as a chick because everyone knows too much manliness in a local location can cause the time-space continuum to rip to shreds
It only hurts when I breathe
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

I guess Shizune dared Hideaki to do so and Hideaki just couldn't be bothered changing back into normal clothes, therefore warping his taste in clothing...
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

In the game? No. It's not explained. He's just a stoic slightly weird individual

But everyone has their theories.
Not Dead Yet
random

Post by random »

despite being wealthy, jigoro is extremely cheap and forces his son to wear hand-me-downs from shizune
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

I have nothing constructive to add other than the title of this thread made me think of a physically corrupted, mentally dull, and poorly drawn doppelganger of Hideaki and it made me laugh really hard.

I'm normally shy about posting art things on the 'net, but drawing Hidaeki is something I really want to do. :lol:
... Danger.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Here's my theory:

Jigoro was in the Yakuza, but he manags to blackmail his way out of the organization. However, to maintain his anonymity, he starts wearing Hawaiian shirts, and carrying around a samurai sword wherever he goes - so he looks like a kook. He also has Hideaki dress androgynously and wear girly accents such that the hit-men sent to track him down think it's just a strange man and his daughter.

Either that, or Hideaki is just odd.
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

Helbereth wrote:Here's my theory:

Jigoro was in the Yakuza, but he manags to blackmail his way out of the organization. However, to maintain his anonymity, he starts wearing Hawaiian shirts, and carrying around a samurai sword wherever he goes - so he looks like a kook. He also has Hideaki dress androgynously and wear girly accents such that the hit-men sent to track him down think it's just a strange man and his daughter.

Either that, or Hideaki is just odd.
I like your first theory the best. xD
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Hideaki dresses like a girl because Hideaki is a girl.