Oh man, this replay is gonna be rough....

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Axelownz

Oh man, this replay is gonna be rough....

Post by Axelownz »

So i have not played KS since about late February to early march, i actually finished early February, then did the bad endings and all that after that. Never got 100 percent since i lost all the stuff on my computer, but i was at like 96.

anyway, decided to start a new replay of KS, and i just had gotten through the start with Hisao having his attack, and talk about freaking nostalgic. The act of reading KS again, the music and what happened with him and Iwanako started to give me feels and i thought, " aw crap, if this is happening, this is gonna be rough". I could really see the feels getting worse than the first time i played....well maybe not Rin's ,personal issues in real life when i played Rin's, hope memories of that don't come back when i do Rin's this time :/

Well guess im just venting about how i was feeling, surprised me too, but i am super excited to play it again.
Helbereth

Re: Oh man, this replay is gonna be rough....

Post by Helbereth »

I don't really know what it's like to go back to it yet since, technically, it's been on in the background since I played it two weeks ago. I have it finished through 100% and I've been using it for reference.

I think I'll probably go back over all the stories eventually, though. I rushed through them originally - it only took me like 3 days to get 100%.
RecoiL

Post by RecoiL »

I did my best not to rush it the first time, and I think it worked out. I'm absolutely not uninstalling anytime soon, though I'm not playing it any more at the moment.

Right now, I think I'll just wait. The time will come for me to replay it, but only time can tell when that will happen. Do hope the feels will still be there when that happens though...
Image Gluehuffers, all of you.
Ascended Flutist

Post by Ascended Flutist »

I'm periodically going through specific scenes when I need inspiration/infos for specific stuff for my fics (praise the guy who included the 'library' function by the way. It's amazing. I love you :] ), and boy is it nostalgic indeed. Like rediscovering an old beloved book. Except, well, it has images and sounds. And there's no pages to flip.

So I guess you could say that I have previously experienced this particular state of mind, brethren.
And to live in Peace A post Hanako Good End fanfiction. That about sums it up.

Fanfics Thou shalt not regret reading : Bloodline, Doomish's Misha Pseudo-route, Rika's Story, A Pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route.
There are many other apocryphas worth reading in the fanfiction section. Do yourself a favor, dig them up and read them. Reading is good.

Nice hat.
yummines

Post by yummines »

actually, i havent played it in a while either. still havent finished Lily's route.

guess i better jump on that.
Clinton

Post by Clinton »

The first time I played it it was during spring break so I played it and rushed through it. I did go back to it a week later but realized I remembered most of what happened so I am trying to wait until the time comes when I know I would get the "feels" after playing it again and not get bored halfway through. Hopefully I can take a break from anime for a few days to go back and bask in those times I long for.
I like helping others, I just hate approaching others.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Yeah i made sure that i waited long enough where i would not remember word for word what happened, still wasn't anticpating all the feels though. I took my time when i first played it though, it lasted me a few weeks. i am planning on taking my time again and really savoring it....

it might have to wait until i finish Monster though, 50 episodes in and it gets taken off Netflix, makes it a bit harder to watch it, but at least i found a site.
eleventhirtyeight

Post by eleventhirtyeight »

I gotta agree about the feels thing...I can't even look at fanart anymore without wanting to cry :/ It's been a couple months since I last played, and I do want to get 100%, but I just can't click it open again and start.

If it helps, (it didn't for me, though), try watching/reading other things that elicit huge feels.
Sunlight will shine on my life again, so let the past burn now down in flames.

Alas, earwax!

[insert witty or interesting something here]
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Ive played all the good endings through at least like 3 times for each character. The feels were just as strong each time.
Recoil wrote:I did my best not to rush it the first time, and I think it worked out. I'm absolutely not uninstalling anytime soon, though I'm not playing it any more at the moment.
I dont think Ill ever uninstall, except for a reinstall of the OS. Even then, it will be reinstalled once again. I dont have to worry about HD space. 1 TB hard drive. Dont have to delete anything. :)

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Clinton

Post by Clinton »

ArazelEternal wrote:I dont think Ill ever uninstall, except for a reinstall of the OS. Even then, it will be reinstalled once again. I dont have to worry about HD space. 1 TB hard drive. Dont have to delete anything. :)
Not many of us will uninstall, but computers do break and things are forgotten and lost, it is a part of life and cannot be helped sadly.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Clinton wrote:
ArazelEternal wrote:I dont think Ill ever uninstall, except for a reinstall of the OS. Even then, it will be reinstalled once again. I dont have to worry about HD space. 1 TB hard drive. Dont have to delete anything. :)
Not many of us will uninstall, but computers do break and things are forgotten and lost, it is a part of life and cannot be helped sadly.
Yeah, sucks because that happened to me, and i lost everything, probably back up my save files sometime. It was kind of sad though, since i had saves at all the girls endings, and it was kind of nostalgic the last saves at each route.
Clinton

Post by Clinton »

Axelownz wrote:
Clinton wrote:
Yeah, sucks because that happened to me, and i lost everything, probably back up my save files sometime. It was kind of sad though, since i had saves at all the girls endings, and it was kind of nostalgic the last saves at each route.
It always hurts even if it is just a game, it gets pretty emotional to say the least.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Am I the only one who skips most of Act 1? I just go into skip mode until I reach a choice/encounter a scene I've never seen before.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Am I the only one who skips most of Act 1? I just go into skip mode until I reach a choice/encounter a scene I've never seen before.
Nope, until my computer broke I had save files at each of the 6 exits of A1 that I loaded depending on which I wanted to play.
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Am I the only one who skips most of Act 1? I just go into skip mode until I reach a choice/encounter a scene I've never seen before.
I did that for the initial run, focusing more on seeing new content. Decided to replay each route and take notes. Now of the opinion that skipping Act 1 is a mistake. There's a lot of meat there, and it's easy to skip it, because you think you remember it clearly enough. You don't.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server