Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

XacUop10

Re: Ask!

Post by XacUop10 »

why don't Rin want Hisao to touch her left ear?
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I'm still reeling from having completed all the stories, but something bothers me. Well a couple little things, really.

Firstly, will you be releasing revisions to correct typographical errors and such (there are a few hiccups in the text here and there)? I know they're really rare, but it can't be terribly difficult to fix.

Also, whatever happened with the library bandit sub-story? I easily surmised, right from the first time Yuuko mentions it to Hisao, that Kenji was the perpetrator (he has Hisao help him with that Cryptography book, after all), but, after Yuuko informs Hisao that she's identified the culprit, there are no repercussions. The sub-story simply falls off the planet. Did I miss a story path that reveals the ending or was one never written? I must know for my sanity's sake!

If you don't answer, I'll know the feminist conspiracy is real.
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Could I find the tabs for all KS soundtracks?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

XacUop10 wrote:why don't Rin want Hisao to touch her left ear?
Maybe she's ticklish there.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Helbereth wrote:I'm still reeling from having completed all the stories, but something bothers me. Well a couple little things, really.

Firstly, will you be releasing revisions to correct typographical errors and such (there are a few hiccups in the text here and there)? I know they're really rare, but it can't be terribly difficult to fix.

Also, whatever happened with the library bandit sub-story? I easily surmised, right from the first time Yuuko mentions it to Hisao, that Kenji was the perpetrator (he has Hisao help him with that Cryptography book, after all), but, after Yuuko informs Hisao that she's identified the culprit, there are no repercussions. The sub-story simply falls off the planet. Did I miss a story path that reveals the ending or was one never written? I must know for my sanity's sake!

1) Maybe. If we can be bothered to do it.
2) It disappeared. That is, we couldn't figure out a satisfactory way to close the story.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Erenussocrates wrote:Could I find the tabs for all KS soundtracks?
There's a sheet music thread somewhere on the forum, might have tabs too in it (or not).
Red9

Post by Red9 »

How do you feel about the game, the community surrounding the game, and the feels that the game has brought upon many an unsuspecting reader?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Aura wrote:
Helbereth wrote:I'm still reeling from having completed all the stories, but something bothers me. Well a couple little things, really.

2) It disappeared. That is, we couldn't figure out a satisfactory way to close the story.
To elaborate on question two: The end takes place in your imagination, which is the best place for unresolved subplots to take place.

Essentially Hisao had other shit on his mind and didn't actually give a crap about the mystery! He was too busy trying to figure out his own problems.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

TheHivemind wrote: To elaborate on question two: The end takes place in your imagination, which is the best place for unresolved subplots to take place.

Essentially Hisao had other shit on his mind and didn't actually give a crap about the mystery! He was too busy trying to figure out his own problems.
I get the sense you're trying to convince yourself more than me.
Episcia

Post by Episcia »

(actually, never mind, i don't want to misinform)
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

If I were to have found and taken a screencap of a particular error, is there a place I can post it without drawing undue attention? I wouldn't want the KA boards to end up cluttered with similar reports, as they're not exactly in the spirit of these forums.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

There should be a thread for that somewhere in the feedback forums.
Personally I think the typos will be fixed - probably along with the first additionla language set
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Mirage_GSM wrote:There should be a thread for that somewhere in the feedback forums.
Personally I think the typos will be fixed - probably along with the first additionla language set
I see what you did there.

At least I think you did that intentionally...

On an unrelated note, I did think of another question:

Why is there never an image of Iwanako?

It seems to me that she played a rather pivotal role in the story's beginning, and later, through her letter to Hisao -as well as being referenced numerous times throughout most of the different story-lines. There are several 'flashback' sequences that reference previous events in the story and something like thatwhen Hisao is reading her lettercould have pushed a few of the points a little further- especially if those flashbacks recalled Iwanako's final visits to Hisao's bedside.

I suppose you were leaving it to the reader's imagination to fill in the imageof this lost love,and, truth be told, I filled it in with someone whom I knewthe pang of unrequited love frommany years ago. There's a certain amount of 'tell, don't show' when it comes to reading, but it just seems to me like something so pivotal ought to have been addressed visually - even if the face were drawn blank.
Karl_Ravech

Post by Karl_Ravech »

what was Rin doing in town looking like a statue. or a zombie. or a statue of a zombie anyways?
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

EDIT: I sincerely apologize.
Last edited by WorldlyWiseman on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.