Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Total Destruction

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Total Destruction »

Xiious wrote:Today...was not a good day.
Aw, man.

:(

Elaborate, dammit.

:evil:
... Danger.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Total Destruction wrote:
Xiious wrote:Today...was not a good day.
Aw, man.

:(

Elaborate, dammit.

:evil:
I couldn't sidetrack my thoughts at all, everything that day was messed up, I didn't talk to anyone because I couldn't, words wouldn't come out of my mouth. I got a real good stare at the floor too.
Total Destruction

Lousy.

Things happen, man. But hey, there's always a tomorrow. Always a second shot. Hang the hell IN there.
... Danger.

Post by Guest »

Xiious wrote:I couldn't sidetrack my thoughts at all, everything that day was messed up, I didn't talk to anyone because I couldn't, words wouldn't come out of my mouth. I got a real good stare at the floor too.
All things considered, I didn't expect differently. You don't have a lot of reasons to be able to be happy, neutral, or even completely functional on such a day.

Just don't beat yourself up over it, okay?
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

I feel so dead right now. I don't even feel anything, just emptiness...
introfate

Post by introfate »

Xiious, As empty inside as you feel, try and pull out of it. I know general interests won't take as much effect as normal, but find something you believe will satisfy you. Even if it's with the slightest hope. We all have our low times, but I'm hoping our support and your own initiative can pull you out of it. I mean hell, I most likely would have been in the same slump as I was but I found this, with the slightest hope I posted my story. Look where I am now. Could try reading something new, or possibly learning a new interest? I'm not trying to be too divergent, sorry if it seems as if.
Episcia

Post by Episcia »

Heh. I can still remember when I felt like that, too.

It's okay to cry. It's okay to let it out in a healthy manner. But you must not overdo it. End it when the catharsis turns unhealthy, and focus your energies into activities focused on creation, exertion, and experience - literature, music, exercise, exploration. Try to play new kinds of games. Maybe do Emi's Couch to 5k plan. Read new kinds of books you haven't read before - for example, try something that isn't in the New York Times Bestsellers. Write fanfics, short stories, poetry, whatever comes to mind. Learn to play a new instrument.

If you're at school, you can also focus on your studies, and get help from your friends. That's what friends are for - go and appreciate their companionship. It was the only thing that saved me from such a spiral; I hope it saves you from yours too.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Yesterday was the anniversary.... 2 years ago the one I loved more than anything left me behind... and I don't think I'm going to be feeling anything but numb for the next few days...

I don't really cry. There's just an emptiness, numbness of pain.

I'm not in school.
Episcia

Post by Episcia »

Then stand up! GTFO your computer and go outside. Take a deep breath of fresh air (if any). Go for a walk. Look around.

And find things and reasons that help you appreciate the fact that you are alive.

The world is a wonderful place, naivete or no. The only thing you have to do is to find the things that make it wonderful. I'm sure there are some, even in the darkest of times.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Episcia wrote:Then stand up! GTFO your computer and go outside. Take a deep breath of fresh air (if any). Go for a walk. Look around.

And find things and reasons that help you appreciate the fact that you are alive.

The world is a wonderful place, naivete or no. The only thing you have to do is to find the things that make it wonderful. I'm sure there are some, even in the darkest of times.
I hate the outside world.
Also, based on your school advice, I suppose you haven't read my story... maybe you should to try and understand what I'm going through right now...
Edit: Page 39 for reference.
Episcia

Post by Episcia »

*shrug*

Well. I am ignorant, indeed, and I am not inclined to know your situation, because even if I read it and try to imagine it, I won't be able to understand it, frankly. So, take what I will say with lots of salt.

Let me tell you - you can't keep up disliking (or hating) the world and everything else without having your heart tainted by it. It's already broken, don't break it further. The world is, right now, one of the most underrated things ever - there are many beautiful things in it. It's just that its flaws, its dark, cynic side is always proclaimed and shown much more obviously. Even if you did experience something that made you have a revulsion or a severely cynic view to the outside world and its society, take note that not all of it is like that. The existence of "awesome" and good people here are proof of that. If you really did hate the outside world you should have stop looking at these forums long ago then, since we're technically other people and are part of it.

But you didn't. You opened your heart to us - complete strangers, scattered all over the outside world.

I will leave you one thing, though.

Always give things another chance. Give the outside world another chance. Give love another chance. Give the people around you another chance. They deserve it and you will need it.

The day you tell yourself that things would not change as they are, and more effort would only be a waste..that will be the day that your heart will stay broken, forever.

*shrug* but, well, to each his own. Choose to ignore or refute me, if you think I'm only making things worse. But that's how I see things, and it works for me. I can only hope it works for others as well.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

A broken heart is what I may have... but it's not from what you think.

Edit: However, you have a point... but I really don't feel inclined to go and do something knowing my heart and my mind are somewhere else completely.
Total Destruction

Xiious wrote:A broken heart is what I may have... but it's not from what you think.

Edit: However, you have a point... but I really don't feel inclined to go and do something knowing my heart and my mind are somewhere else completely.
Why the fuck are you in Canada? Better question is: why am I not there with a case of Molson or whatever you hockey-watching savages drink and having a bro-session right now? Curse anonymity and border security, we need a rager.

8)

But seriously, bro. Hang in there. WE CAN DO THIS DAMMIT
... Danger.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Ahh, Canadian stereotypes.

I don't watch hockey, or any sport for that matter. Not even women's tennis/volleyball.

I actually am native though, but I'm not savage. I hope.

I don't drink at all. Alcohol has always held a nasty taste in my life. I'd jump the border if I wasn't so far from it.

As for the bro-session, I appreciate that gesture. Really, I do.

I have no idea what you mean by rager.

Also, I think I would classify you as "Manly Support", Total. I appreciate that too, it made me smile a little.
Edit: Kind of reminds me of that type of over-exaggerating person that does it to make you smile.
Total Destruction

Xiious wrote:I don't watch hockey, or any sport for that matter. Not even women's tennis/volleyball.
You are missing OUT. Women's kickboxing FTW.
I don't drink at all. Alcohol has always held a nasty taste in my life.
It's definitely an acquired taste, and is definitely not for everyone or for everything. (Hell, if any of ya had "met" me like three years ago, you all would've not been impressed. I don't much like talking about my damage, 'cuz it was pretty much me making REALLY bad decisions and fucking it all up for everyone. But I kick ass now, so there we are.) Heh, I don't much like Molson anyway. Needs a good cheeseburger to wash it down.
As for the bro-session, I appreciate that gesture. Really, I do.
:mrgreen:
I have no idea what you mean by rager.
A session is a kick-back that involves good friends, good beer, and good times. A rager often has a fire, a terrible drinking game, a possible (safe) sexual encounter (OPTIONAL :wink: ), and manly, manly tears. The more you know!
Also, I think I would classify you as "Manly Support", Total. I appreciate that too, it made me smile a little.
Edit: Kind of reminds me of that type of over-exaggerating person that does it to make you smile.
This is my life, and it's the only damned thing I'm good at. Take it easy, boss. GET SOME SLEEP.
... Danger.