Playing Again

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

galoomojo

Playing Again

Post by galoomojo »

I recently just started playing for the 3rd time (I'm gonna try Hanako's path) but its strange that when I talk to Shizune and Rin (the last two paths I took) I feel like I miss them or get another feeling I can't explain.

dose anyone else get this?
or is it just me?
Three good ending so far and very much enjoying Katawa Shoujo.
yummines

Re: Playing Again

Post by yummines »

Sort of

What irks me is that once you learn about their issues, it means once youre on a route you cant help the others. Youre just 1 person after all.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

It's a weird feeling because you know more than Hisao does about the overall situation.
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

metalangel wrote:It's a weird feeling because you know more than Hisao does about the overall situation.
I felt like that even during my first playthrough.

For being a "star student", Hisao sure can be dumb.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

I got that way about Emi and Rin at first, but never about Hanako or Lilly. I did Shizune last so she was always super-mysterious up to the end. Reading scenes to check for stuff, I get it most with Misha nowdays.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

yummines wrote:Sort of

What irks me is that once you learn about their issues, it means once youre on a route you cant help the others. Youre just 1 person after all.
I am playing through the arcs for the second timee, and I'm finding that this fixes some of those awkward feelings. It is also helping me pick out a lot of the more subtle things that I missed the first time through, now that I know a lot more about the full picture.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

galoomojo wrote:He seams really passive to me apart from when there's a decision.
That might be to make it easier for the story to sweep him (and us) along.

It's also because, as Gandara says, he can be quite dumb. There's a few situations where he acts like a total ass and we're stuck helplessly watching him dig himself deeper and deeper.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

metalangel wrote:
galoomojo wrote:He seams really passive to me apart from when there's a decision.
That might be to make it easier for the story to sweep him (and us) along.

It's also because, as Gandara says, he can be quite dumb. There's a few situations where he acts like a total ass and we're stuck helplessly watching him dig himself deeper and deeper.
[attachment=1]1337529681325.png[/attachment]
Hisao's has a way with words (and apparently you can't put attachments in spoiler tags)
1336967387814.jpg
1336967387814.jpg (37.71 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
EDIT: There we go, found it.
Attachments
1337529681325.png
1337529681325.png (823.01 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
MrAlexHynes

Post by MrAlexHynes »

galoomojo wrote:I recently just started playing for the 3rd time (I'm gonna try Hanako's path) but its strange that when I talk to Shizune and Rin (the last two paths I took) I feel like I miss them or get another feeling I can't explain.

dose anyone else get this?
or is it just me?
I have completed all paths other then rin's and can't bring myself to do it, because I know once I have finished rins I will never again learn about these characters, it feels a shamme to let them go. I hope that in the future someone decides to continue this story, but by the looks of things this is all we get, I dunno mabe in ten years time we'll get a Katawa Shoujo aniversary and have another route or something put in, but I'm thinking this is it. It was quite difficult playing lilly's route after Hanako's because Hanako is my favourite character but her story I feel is extended more in lilly's route then her own.
"If a man has an apartment stacked to the ceiling with nespapers, we call him crazy. If a women has a trailer house full of cats, we call her nuts. Buw when people pathologically hoard so much cash that they impoverish the entire nation, we put them on the cover of fortune magazine and pretend that they are role models." ~B.Lester