The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Charmant

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Charmant »

brythain wrote:Maybe she keeps bitcoins in her armbits.
"She keeps money in her armpits? ...Bits. Armbits. Bits of arm. I love you, you bastard." - My actual reaction.

Seriously though, bitcoin? She'd starve. XD
brythain

Post by brythain »

Charmant wrote:
brythain wrote:Maybe she keeps bitcoins in her armbits.
"She keeps money in her armpits? ...Bits. Armbits. Bits of arm. I love you, you bastard." - My actual reaction.

Seriously though, bitcoin? She'd starve. XD
Haha. It's my headcanon that when they were forced to take English classes, they decided that the best way to described Rin's upper appendage-stumps was to call them 'armbits'.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

brythain wrote:But he's a very sincere friend... unlike Moriko Kapur, aka 'Molly', who is sharp-witted, highly intelligent and class-conscious, and good at hiding her feelings.
I've always thought "Molly" was a nickname for "Malashri," a more traditionally Indian name, and that she's the second-generation daughter of Indian expats living in Kobe (which, IRL, has a sizable Indian population.) She lost her legs during the Great Hanshin earthquake, when most of their house collapsed on her, crushing her legs under the debris.

For the longest time, small quakes would do to her pretty much what the word "birthday" does to Hanako, but she's had most of her life to get over it and tries not to let the distress show on her face if one occurs.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Leaty wrote:
brythain wrote:But he's a very sincere friend... unlike Moriko Kapur, aka 'Molly', who is sharp-witted, highly intelligent and class-conscious, and good at hiding her feelings.
I've always thought "Molly" was a nickname for "Malashri," a more traditionally Indian name, and that she's the second-generation daughter of Indian expats living in Kobe (which, IRL, has a sizable Indian population.) She lost her legs during the Great Hanshin earthquake, when most of their house collapsed on her, crushing her legs under the debris.

For the longest time, small quakes would do to her pretty much what the word "birthday" does to Hanako, but she's had most of her life to get over it and tries not to let the distress show on her face if one occurs.
That's interesting... I'd wonder why they sent her to Yamaku though, unless she was orphaned, like Hanako. Indian expats tend to send the kids to English-medium international schools.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Well, the way I characterize it, she attended a school like that up until the end of middle school, but ultimately chose to attend Yamaku for high school because she likes Japan (it's pretty much all she's ever known, barring some short family visits to Pondicherry) and wants to study at a Japanese university, and saw attending Yamaku as a better opportunity to achieve that goal than through an international school. (Being able to bond with other disabled people is just a nice extra perk.)

Her family went along with it because she has two other siblings who more or less completely toe the line, so it's okay to have one wayward daughter (and they have handled Molly with a lighter touch than their other children ever since the earthquake.)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Funnily enough, I never put much thought into Molly's. Considering the UK and India's lengthy history and our relatively aimiable relationship, I hadn't really thought twice about it :P I suppose my bigger question was what a Half-Indian, Half-British teenage girl was doing in Japan :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Munchenhausen wrote:In the event that I ever had the motivation to write a Molly Pseudo-Route, I would make the main conflict be a Hisao and Takashi competing for her affection.

My headcanon's that Takashi is tsundere as fuck. He's a bit of a knob and tries to act the same around Molly, but Taro, Suzu and Miki have noted he's always the first to jump up if she needs something, even if he acts like he really doesn't want to get it.

In the event Hisao swoops into the scene, he takes immediate dislike to the Swaggervest-wearing atrioventricular fuckup.
This was kind of a thing in one of the fics I was writing (before I abandoned it because it sucked :lol:).
Though Takashi was a bit more aggressive with trying to get Molly's affection.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

I always figured that Molly was the exchange student. Her picture in the yearbook does say she's a transfer. If she's half english that also increases the possible places she's from. I also always felt that in the last scene of Hanako's good ending she was out on a sorta date of her own.

You know I can imagine Kenji seeing Rin just swipe her armbits to pay for something Kenji will have a whole new crazy conspiracy theory.

So after saying I can see Emi getting pregnant on accident, I kinda wondered about the other girls, and here's the circumstances I think that Hisao and them would start a family.

Shizune- While she might be a bit reckless about where they do it, I don't think Shizune is going to take any risks on pregnancy. She'll be on birth control until she feels that everything is right and she wants to have a baby. She might even tell Hisao before she starts trying.

Lilly- Much like Shizune she'll want to wait until she's ready. Probably after she's gotten he teaching career started. That is unless she thinks it might be better to not risk waiting in case Hisao's health declines too much.

Hanako- Well assuming you don't apply to the "Muffins mean bun in the oven, Hanako's already preggers" theory... I think there would be a pregnancy scare while she's in college, that would lead to her going on the pill. At some point she and Hisao would have to decide if they want to have a family, and if it would be safe for her with her scars to try and go through pregnancy. If it isn't I can see Lilly offering to serve as a surrogate for them.

Emi- Like I said best chance of having an accident. Even if it doesn't happen I wouldn't be surprised if there is a scare or two. Extra possible if she ends up in situations where she can't run in the morning due to infection or the like. And looking at Meiko, she might not be the only one to have a kid reletivly young in the family. Oh and Emi will not be happy if she has to spend the last few months in a wheelchair.

Rin- If she gets pregnant I think she'll have some concerns about what kind of parent she would be. She'd worry about messing it up. But I think Hisao would be able to reassure her that she'll be a great mother. I imagine growing up the kid would wonder why everyone else has such odd parents compared to theirs.

Misha- What do you think happened in Shizune's bad ending? Bum bu bum! More serously, and less sadly, I think that if Misha ever finds that special someone she want's to spend her life with, and they decide they want a child, they will find a sperm donor and one of them will have the baby.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Negativedarke wrote:I always figured that Molly was the exchange student. Her picture in the yearbook does say she's a transfer.
No, it says she's "Indian."
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Leaty wrote:
Negativedarke wrote:I always figured that Molly was the exchange student. Her picture in the yearbook does say she's a transfer.
No, it says she's "Indian."
So she transferred from India. That or she's just Japanese and owns a teepee.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

By that logic, I'm Jewish, so clearly I'm a transfer student from Israel.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Negativedarke wrote:Hanako- Well assuming you don't apply to the "Muffins mean bun in the oven, Hanako's already preggers" theory...
Wat.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

azumeow wrote:
Negativedarke wrote:Hanako- Well assuming you don't apply to the "Muffins mean bun in the oven, Hanako's already preggers" theory...
Wat.
"Originally it was planned to be explicitly shown in Hanako's Good Ending that she was pregnant; It's still somewhat present in the final version (despite the condom use), implied by a literal metaphor, the final shot showing them looking into a bakery where there are actual buns in the oven."
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Steinherz wrote: "Originally it was planned to be explicitly shown in Hanako's Good Ending that she was pregnant; It's still somewhat present in the final version (despite the condom use), implied by a literal metaphor, the final shot showing them looking into a bakery where there are actual buns in the oven."
I dunno about you lot, but that'd dampen the ending for me. One thing that scares and repulses me more than anything is having a child.
I had two scares before I was kicked out of school, and ever since, the concept of having a child is one that terrifies me to the very bone.
Negativedarke wrote:She might even tell Hisao before she starts trying.
As a result of the above, this also send shivers down my spine. She might tell him? God fucking damn :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Steinherz wrote: "Originally it was planned to be explicitly shown in Hanako's Good Ending that she was pregnant; It's still somewhat present in the final version (despite the condom use), implied by a literal metaphor, the final shot showing them looking into a bakery where there are actual buns in the oven."
That's equal parts terrifying and fucking adorable. I really hope there's a fanfic where someone goes into this. I wonder how that situation would be handled. Sisterhood was amazing, don't get me wrong, but...this is something completely different. Oh my. I....I need a moment here.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"