The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Munchenhausen »

In the event that I ever had the motivation to write a Molly Pseudo-Route, I would make the main conflict be a Hisao and Takashi competing for her affection.

My headcanon's that Takashi is tsundere as fuck. He's a bit of a knob and tries to act the same around Molly, but Taro, Suzu and Miki have noted he's always the first to jump up if she needs something, even if he acts like he really doesn't want to get it.

In the event Hisao swoops into the scene, he takes immediate dislike to the Swaggervest-wearing atrioventricular fuckup.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:In the event that I ever had the motivation to write a Molly Pseudo-Route, I would make the main conflict be a Hisao and Takashi competing for her affection.

My headcanon's that Takashi is tsundere as fuck. He's a bit of a knob and tries to act the same around Molly, but Taro, Suzu and Miki have noted he's always the first to jump up if she needs something, even if he acts like he really doesn't want to get it.

In the event Hisao swoops into the scene, he takes immediate dislike to the Swaggervest-wearing atrioventricular fuckup.
My version of this is that Saki used to occupy the seat in 3-3 that Hisao took over. Taro had a crush on her, and he was devastated when she went on long home leave for her illness. That transferred into a deep and irrational dislike for Hisao. But since he doesn't particularly like Takashi either... dun dun dun dun.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

I always figured Takashi just had one of those faces where he always looks sorta angry.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

brythain wrote: My version of this is that Saki used to occupy the seat in 3-3 that Hisao took over. Taro had a crush on her, and he was devastated when she went on long home leave for her illness. That transferred into a deep and irrational dislike for Hisao.
Hahaha poor Taro, he just cant get any :lol:
But since he doesn't particularly like Takashi either... dun dun dun dun.
Do you mean Taro doesn't like Takashi or Hisao? :P
Negativedarke wrote:I always figured Takashi just had one of those faces where he always looks sorta angry.
If you ask me, I'm one to say that his disability (Tinnitus) is one that constantly annoys him. I mean constantly.

24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 364 days a year, he has to put up with an irreverant ringing noise in his ears that never go away and are loud enough to affect his daily life... and only he can hear it.

I can't say I'd blame him :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

I'll just insert this link for those who want to look at THAT class picture: [Class 3-3]

Here's my headcanon for the people in the class. Some of it is pseudo-fanon already, some is possibly new.

Top/Back Row:

Natsume and Naomi are -very- good friends, but Natsume grew up with Saki (who used to sit in what became Hisao's seat in the second row, first column from the right). Natsume once had a crush on Hanako, but Naomi came between them. Akio Hayashi looks innocent, but he's learnt to be conflict-avoidant and very devious because severe brittle-bone disease isn't a good thing to have when you get into fights. He likes needling people with quiet but pointed statements: sarcasm, irony, etc. Ritsu Tainaka next to him has had surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands from her career as a serious computer gamer who used to do rock climbing in between. Once she completes her final surgery, she'll turn her back on Yamaku and try to forget everyone. Taro Arai stuck a caricature picture in the yearbook; he's actually tall and big, but his right arm is completely paralysed from a mysterious head injury.

Middle Row:

Misaki Kawana is a very dedicated photographer. Not content with just being a photographer, she's into photojournalism and has volunteered to be the Newspaper Club's photographer as well. Next to her is a mysterious guy whose name isn't Lelouch; not that mysterious, he's actually the captain of the fencing team. Takashi Maeda has a crush on Shizune Hakamichi; he is fascinated with the idea of being deaf and not having to hear the horrible sounds in his head all the time. He hates Misha because she makes his tinnitus worse.

Bottom/Front Row

Haruhiko Suzumiya is a thrower — discus, javelin, shot putt. He was once injured by a javelin throw that went awry, and He almost bled out. But he is a stolid personality, taciturn and tough, not very interested in what's going on in class. He thinks Emi and Miki are overly dramatic and avoids them. Ikuno Komaki's diabetes is being managed well. However, she has kidneys that don't work so well and a foot that was almost amputated once. This makes her a control freak and a hypochondriac as well. Miki really doesn't like Suzu all that much; she doesn't have many friends, although she surprisingly gets along well with Kenji (who thinks she's quite manly) and Taro, whom she teases a lot. Suzu likes Isamu Takage, whose photo reads 'Lezard Valeth', a prank pulled by the guy-whose-name-was-replaced-with-Lelouch. This guy is tall, thin, and a bit of a loner with an inferiority complex. But he's a very sincere friend... unlike Moriko Kapur, aka 'Molly', who is sharp-witted, highly intelligent and class-conscious, and good at hiding her feelings.
Last edited by brythain on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Messing with the yearbook... Yeah Shizune must have given them quite the lecture when she found out.

People think they got Hisao and Taro's pictures mixed up. Because Taro looks like he's having a heart attack.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Nice bit of backstory, Brythain :) A few bits and bobs I disagree with, but that's expected with headcanons haha

My only major gripe is Ritsu getting carpal tunnel from video games/rock climbing, instead of drumming :P The character she's based off, Ritsu from K-On! is a drummer, so it was so engraved in my head that I simply can't accept it ;)

Also Haruhiko is a guy :P A Rule 63'd version of Haruhi
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:Nice bit of backstory, Brythain :) A few bits and bobs I disagree with, but that's expected with headcanons haha

My only major gripe is Ritsu getting carpal tunnel from video games/rock climbing, instead of drumming :P The character she's based off, Ritsu from K-On! is a drummer, so it was so engraved in my head that I simply can't accept it ;)

Dang, see above? Some things are so engraved in your head that they just can't be accepted any other way. :D

(Had to go back and edit it after completely not realising what I'd done...)
Last edited by brythain on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

brythain wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Nice bit of backstory, Brythain :) A few bits and bobs I disagree with, but that's expected with headcanons haha

Dang, see above? Some things are so engraved in your head that they just can't be accepted any other way. :D
hahaha touche ;D
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

300BillionDegrees wrote:I was thinking she might just use a Suica card or app somehow?
Most likely. Charging them monthly with 10kyen bills for convenience with the added amusement of many who are about to use the machine to ride a train to somewhere.

'Did that girl just...'

'Wow, look at her...'

'She got no arms...what is she...?'

Occassionally (or more often than not when she's charging alone), a passerby would offer her an assistance and she would be on her merry way.

On another note,

The story of KS alone only covers class 3-3 and a bit of class 3-2, but there is of course more classes all around--my guess is that there are 5-7 classes per year level, with class 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 3-4, 3-5, etc, each with its own flavor of students. Furthermore, these are third years and Yamaku is a high school which means that there are classes 1-1, 2-4, etc.

which got me wondering
I wonder if the senpai realize they have admirers from their kouhai? Or a secret fan club? Hanako may be shy and relatively unnoticed to most, but is she really seen the same by her kouhai? A lot of possible gate there as OC breeding ground and what-not.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
brythain

Post by brythain »

Megumeru wrote:On another note,

The story of KS alone only covers class 3-3 and a bit of class 3-2, but there is of course more classes all around--my guess is that there are 5-7 classes per year level, with class 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 3-4, 3-5, etc, each with its own flavor of students. Furthermore, these are third years and Yamaku is a high school which means that there are classes 1-1, 2-4, etc.

which got me wondering
I wonder if the senpai realize they have admirers from their kouhai? Or a secret fan club? Hanako may be shy and relatively unnoticed to most, but is she really seen the same by her kouhai? A lot of possible gate there as OC breeding ground and what-not.
That's something I was wondering about too. I set a minimum of five classes per level (even though not canon, my headcanon). 3-1 is deaf, 3-2 is blind, 3-3 is a mixture, 3-4 is a mixture, 3-5 is irregular by the nature of their disabilities (more severe, or disruptive to a normal schedule). There are other classrooms for 'break-out' groups.

I am sure there are juniors who worship their seniors. I wonder who the seniors recognise (besides Aoi and Keiko, later) and are on friendly terms with, and why. I also wonder if any of the seniors have a sibling in a lower year. It happens.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

brythain wrote:
Megumeru wrote:On another note,

which got me wondering
That's something I was wondering about too. I set a minimum of five classes per level (even though not canon, my headcanon). 3-1 is deaf, 3-2 is blind, 3-3 is a mixture, 3-4 is a mixture, 3-5 is irregular by the nature of their disabilities (more severe, or disruptive to a normal schedule). There are other classrooms for 'break-out' groups.

I am sure there are juniors who worship their seniors. I wonder who the seniors recognise (besides Aoi and Keiko, later) and are on friendly terms with, and why. I also wonder if any of the seniors have a sibling in a lower year. It happens.
Iirc, 3-2 is sight issues. Hence why Kenji and Lilly are in there.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote:
Combining this with 'how many dreams Hisao inadvertently crushed', it would make an amusing yet interesting scenario.

I have yet read any juniors (kouhai same meaning?) going apeshit after Hisao went out and date 'x'. Would be fun to see though :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
brythain

Post by brythain »

Megumeru wrote:
brythain wrote:
Combining this with 'how many dreams Hisao inadvertently crushed', it would make an amusing yet interesting scenario.

I have yet read any juniors (kouhai same meaning?) going apeshit after Hisao went out and date 'x'. Would be fun to see though :lol:
I tend to substitute 'senior(s)' for 'senpai' and 'junior(s)' for 'kouhai'. Saves me some explanations. :) Yes, it would be fun to see!
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Megumeru wrote:
300BillionDegrees wrote:I was thinking she might just use a Suica card or app somehow?
Most likely. Charging them monthly with 10kyen bills for convenience with the added amusement of many who are about to use the machine to ride a train to somewhere.

'Did that girl just...
After writing that, it occurred to me that the card would be easy for her (vs. a phone app that would require interaction). She could just drop the card in her sleeve in the mornings, then whenever she needed to use it, she would just wave her arm a bit in front of the card reader. With the card hidden like that, observers would just see her wave at the machine with a knotted sleeve and get its approval :P