The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bhtooefr

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by bhtooefr »

Charmant wrote:Hanako: Would go for it then be puzzled as to why her face is still burnt because her real disability is the deep social trauma rather than the scars. She would later be introduced to the world of body modification, express a great deal of curiosity-induced interest in the matter, then ultimately parlay her newfound confidence into counseling other burn victims instead.
The problem is that she'd still be treated as a persona non grata, as I understand, due to her appearance. Essentially, it really is a disability.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

bhtooefr wrote:
Charmant wrote:Hanako: Would go for it then be puzzled as to why her face is still burnt because her real disability is the deep social trauma rather than the scars. She would later be introduced to the world of body modification, express a great deal of curiosity-induced interest in the matter, then ultimately parlay her newfound confidence into counseling other burn victims instead.
The problem is that she'd still be treated as a persona non grata, as I understand, due to her appearance. Essentially, it really is a disability.
That is a point, actually...
Remove the social anxiety, but you're still left with the cause for the social anxiety in the first place.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

On Emi:
I wonder... Would Emi simply accept or reject the offer -- OR -- be hurt and insulted by the insinuation that her legs were the most important thing she lost in the accident?

On Hanako:
Munchenhausen wrote:That is a point, actually...
Remove the social anxiety, but you're still left with the cause for the social anxiety in the first place.
On the other hand, if this hypothetical social anxiety cure left her with appropriate coping mechanisms, then she probably would not be bothered by stares, etc.

Or, she could say "Screw You" to society, grab Hisao by his cowlick, and run off to the country to start a rabbit farm...
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Charmant wrote:Emi: Would consider it...Then remember that metal legs equals more running. Meiko would attempt to convince her to say yes because Meiko realizes her actual disability is the night terrors and trauma. Realizing this, and on the caveat that she'd remain The Fastest Thing On No Legs, she would accept.
I dunno man, I'd say having no legs is still pretty debilitating
Tell it to the track star. :roll: That medal-winning lemony lil b-

@Munch: The cause for the anxiety is her giving entirely too many fucks about everyone else's perspective. Oscar's got it. :lol: The fix is giving her the capability to thrive in spite of the scars rather than withering into a skittish depressed ball of misanthropy.

@Oscar: Well, in the course of removing her nightmares and trauma, she might just get pops back. Gonna be awkward with Nurse at first...

And I still like the idea of Shizune verbally wrecking Jigoro's shit. :lol:
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Charmant wrote:@Munch: The cause for the anxiety is her giving entirely too many fucks about everyone else's perspective. Oscar's got it. :lol: The fix is giving her the capability to thrive in spite of the scars rather than withering into a skittish depressed ball of misanthropy.
As true as that is, not having the scars in the first place would not only mean that she wouldn't develop the anxieties to begin with, but also that she wouldn't have to live the rest of her life ignoring the majority of the population :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

The thing is that their disabilities have so shaped the some of the girls lives that I can't imagine them being the same person without it. And would Rin's really be her arms, or would it be her struggles with her inner thoughts and difficulty being understood? You know all those things that make her a tortured artist.

Incidently I think Nomiyama got chewed out big time buy the lady who owned the art gallery.

Something I read on the TVTropes WMG page, but I have adopted as headcannon. Shizune can speak, but doesn't because she knows she won't sound right when she does.

Sooner or later somebody is going to walk in on Shizune and Hisao having sex.

By the time Hisao and Hanako got back to the school in her good end, everybody knew about their kiss thanks to Molly.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

[quote="Negativedarke"]
Something I read on the TVTropes WMG page, but I have adopted as headcannon. Shizune can speak, but doesn't because she knows she won't sound right when she does.

Sooner or later somebody is going to walk in on Shizune and Hisao having sex.
quote]

There's gotta be a fanfic where these two things interact for hilarious hijinks. In the middle of it, Shizune moans or something without being fully conscious of it aaaaand someone hears and walks in.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Atario

Post by Atario »

FelOnyx wrote:
Atario wrote:Bowl-cut. Bowl-cut Jigoro will definitely be a shamed Jigoro.
A bowl-cut can be fixed too easily, just a trim and you have a respectable hairstyle again. The only way to get rid of a mohawk is to shave completely, or just keep it while the rest of your hair grows back.
The trick is to get photos of him before he can fix it. A bowl cut lasts but a moment, but a photo of a bowl cut is forever. :lol:
Negativedarke wrote:-Hanako's nickname for Hisao's penis is "Poo".
Charmant wrote:Hisao will die come winter, struggling to get up a small slippery incline.
Now I'm imagining him clomping around in crampons.
Munchenhausen wrote:When she was a little girl, Saki's dream had been to become a ballerina.
:cry:
emmjay wrote:Lilly: Would say she's perfectly happy the way she is.
Yeah, Lilly, but… imagine not having to ask what address you're coming to, or whether your ice cream is melting… not to mention being able to behold your beloved's face whenever you want, even from across a room! (I dunno why I'm trying to convince her)
Emi: Would consider it, but ultimately decide she likes being the Fastest Thing On No Legs.
On the other hand, there would be no more Wheelchair Incidents to stop her from running for two weeks…
Rin: Would wonder why she needs hands when she already has her feet. (Or she'd say yes, but only so she'd have something to put in her sleeves.)
This, I can imagine. In fact, I can imagine her coming up with creative things to put in there even as-is! Imagine she puts some rolls of pennies in there for whip-swatting purposes.
Charmant wrote:Shizune: Would go for it and then use her newfound ability to revitalize the Student Council, with proper membership numbers, in truly glorious fashion. And she wouldn't tell Jigoro for six months, at which point she'd reveal it by very loudly knocking him down about eighty-three pegs in front of Hideaki, Lilly, Misha and Hisao.
And then Jigoro gives a disgusted "I knew it. You've been holding out on me all these years. Typical of your generation." And carries right on being a First Class Jigoro.
Charmant wrote:The cause for the anxiety is her giving entirely too many fucks about everyone else's perspective. Oscar's got it. :lol: The fix is giving her the capability to thrive in spite of the scars rather than withering into a skittish depressed ball of misanthropy.
Regardless of her own well-adjustedness, the rest of society isn't…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Can we all just agree that the girl's disabilities are their disabilities and not their mental states? :lol:
As harrowing as PTSD is, Emi's disability is her lack of shins.
As hard as thinking is for her and whether or not she has autism, Rin's disability is her armlessness.

I'd argue the only exception to Yamaku's "Physical Disabilities Only" rule is Hanako, but that's down to the fact that they had literally no better option for her.
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I'd argue the only exception to Yamaku's "Physical Disabilities Only" rule is Hanako, but that's down to the fact that they had literally no better option for her.
Significant disfigurement is considered a disability.
Not Dead Yet
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Oddball wrote:
Significant disfigurement is considered a disability.
See, I'm under the impression that a disability is something that, without aid, takes away your ability to do something that a 'normal' person could do. Something that dis-ables them to do things.

I.E.
Emi's lack of shins stops her from being able to walk, if she didn't have the prothetics.
Shizune's deafness stops her from being able to hear.

That's why, when it comes to Hanako, I wouldn't necessarily class her scarring as a disability. The psychological effects, yes, but not the scars on a physical level.
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And Hanako's disfigurement causes society to recoil in horror and/or make fun of her, preventing her from participating in society.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

bhtooefr wrote:And Hanako's disfigurement causes society to recoil in horror and/or make fun of her, preventing her from participating in society.
Aye, but her crust doesn't physically stop her from doing things.

Sure, it affects the people around her and this in turn affects her, but the scarring doesn't directly affect her, if that makes sense. It doesn't seem to make her stiff or overly sensitive, y'know?
It definitely seems to have a bigger impact on the people around her, than on herself.
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Sure, it affects the people around her and this in turn affects her, but the scarring doesn't directly affect her, if that makes sense. It doesn't seem to make her stiff or overly sensitive, y'know?
It definitely seems to have a bigger impact on the people around her, than on herself.
Effecting people around her is a rather HUGE thing. It's why she didn't get adopted for one thing. So her disability prevented her from having a family. Things probably aren't going to be that easy for her when it comes to finding a job either.

some more stuff...

Hanako's casual clothes are one of the very few outfits that she can call uniquely her own. Most of her clothes growing up where either hand-me-downs, or donations to the orphanage.

"Misha" picked her own nickname. She just heard the name once and thought it sounded cute so she started introducing herself that way.

Misha does Shizune's laundry for her. Shizune actually gives Misha more money than she needs to buy detergents and it gives Misha a break from having to keep up with Shizune's pace every once in a while. ... plus Shizune has a really hard time keeping her whites looking white and it embarrasses her that she can't quite get that right.
Not Dead Yet
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

I just want to explain the "Hanako's nickname for Hisao's Penis is Poo" thing. I read that when asked about the possibility of anal sex between Hanako and Hisao that the only thing that would ever be in Hanako's butt is poo. So I stopped for a moment, then said "That's a funny thing to call Hisao's penis."

Kenji thinks Molly might be a foriegn spy. Possibly Russian.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"