The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Steinherz

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Steinherz »

Megumeru wrote:
NekoDude wrote:*NekoSnippet*
I actually have a similar headcanon to that, but not quite.

If I recall, Jigoro and Lilly's father are brothers IIRC? During the post-war period, Lilly's father was one of the fortunate few who are able to leave the country and study abroad. During that time, he met Lilly's mother (do they have names? I can't remember) and triggered an 'accident'. He was quick to sweep the issue under the rug and refused to answer the summon of his parents and in turn, he was disowned from the family.

Who would've thought that her daughter would do the same thing years later?
Jigoro's WIFE and Lilly's father are siblings.
Suriko wrote:Also, the brothers thing is a mistake - Jigoro's wife (Mayoi) is Lilly's father's (Hiroyuki) sister.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And it was actually corrected in the 1.2 release to make more sense.

And Hiroyuki Satou's wife is Karla:
[shimmie]1778[/shimmie]
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Steinherz wrote:
Suriko wrote:Also, the brothers thing is a mistake - Jigoro's wife (Mayoi) is Lilly's father's (Hiroyuki) sister.
Ah, now I can correct and expand the headcanon a bit.

Between the Satou siblings, it was Hiroyuki who married first due to accidental reasons. Mayoi loved her brother, but knowing the situation (similar to the original headcanon) depressed her--that is when she met the stubborn and head-strong Jigoro Hakamichi (he was much nicer back in the day). Jigoro--partly due to his dumb-luck streak and another due to his obliviousness--won Mayoi over by helping her through the troubling times.

Funny enough, Jigoro was the ultimate donkan and it was Mayoi who made the first move and confessed that left enough of an initial shock to him that he went head over heels for her. Her death years later after Hideaki's birth complications broke him and turned him into the person we know today.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Megumeru wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
Ah, now I can correct and expand the headcanon a bit.

Between the Satou siblings, it was Hiroyuki who married first due to accidental reasons. Mayoi loved her brother, but knowing the situation (similar to the original headcanon) depressed her--that is when she met the stubborn and head-strong Jigoro Hakamichi (he was much nicer back in the day). Jigoro--partly due to his dumb-luck streak and another due to his obliviousness--won Mayoi over by helping her through the troubling times.

Funny enough, Jigoro was the ultimate donkan and it was Mayoi who made the first move and confessed that left enough of an initial shock to him that he went head over heels for her. Her death years later after Hideaki's birth complications broke him and turned him into the person we know today.
Ami I the only person who DOESN'T think Mayoi is dead? Like, during Shizune's route she's likely in Scotland visiting the sick aunt since it's her family. :lol:
Last edited by Steinherz on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Steinherz wrote:Am I the only person who DOESN'T think Mayoi is dead? Like, she's likely in Scotland visiting the sick aunt since it's her family. :lol:
I don't think she's dead either, and neither does dewelar, apparently... :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote:
Steinherz wrote:Am I the only person who DOESN'T think Mayoi is dead? Like, she's likely in Scotland visiting the sick aunt since it's her family. :lol:
Initially, I didn't think so either.

But when Hisao visits Shizune's home, she rarely discuss about her mother and covers mostly about her father and brother which--to me--strikes me pretty odd. I came to the conclusion that it isn't because she doesn't want to talk about it, but she can't. That would mean that she left the Hakamichi household when Shizune is relatively young and Hideaki is just a little baby which left little memory for both Hakamichi siblings to remember. :D

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
brythain

Post by brythain »

Megumeru wrote:
brythain wrote:
Initially, I didn't think so either.

But when Hisao visits Shizune's home, she rarely discuss about her mother and covers mostly about her father and brother which--to me--strikes me pretty odd. I came to the conclusion that it isn't because she doesn't want to talk about it, but she can't. That would mean that she left the Hakamichi household when Shizune is relatively young and Hideaki is just a little baby which left little memory for both Hakamichi siblings to remember. :D
I totally agree with this! But Hideaki is about 7 years younger, I think. So Shizune was just about in primary school.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Yeah, I'm going with something at least vaguely based on dewelar's headcanon on that. Mayoi's still alive, but she's a lesbian who left Jigoro, and that's also why Jigoro is trying to compensate for something.

This also has follow-on effects for how Lilly, Shizune, and Misha interact with one another and with Mayoi.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I think she's dead, but mainly so because otherwise my headcanon of Jigoro's Katana wouldnt work :P

I like to think that the katana he wears around his waist was from his father's old sword collection, and his wife's personal favourite.
Around the time of her death, the Hakamichi family was close to the poverty line. Jirogo had an idea for a business and his wife was all for it, but they didn't have the funds to get started. They were going to run the business together, hand in hand, sharing the same dream... Unfortunately, she came down with a serious case of a disability known as "being dead".

In a last bid to fulfil their dream, Jigoro made the tough decision to sell their family's antique sword collection. He sold all of them but one, the one his wife loved.
They sold for quite a bit, but only just enough to start a small workshop in his cramped house. Over the next few years he put the business above all else, all in her memory, not realising how much he was neglecting his own children. He has worked hard for everything he has, every last penny... Even though they don't use pennies in Japan.

His overmasculinity comes from the idea that his wife liked to see his 'manly side' from time to time, and would playfully make a fuss when he made a campfire or intimidated someone who tried to chat her up. In her death, almost as if trying to make her proud, he refused to be anything less than pure alpha. He hasn't actually realised how much of a douche he comes across as; as far as he's concerned he's just acting the way she liked him to... not to say she would necessarily agree if she could see him now
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

brythain wrote:
I don't think she's dead either. In fact I have wondered (as have some other people) if Mayoi is the sick aunt, and that her illness is the whole reason she's living near or with her brother rather than getting no sympathy from Jigoro.

Unfortunately, this falls apart a little on logical examination. If the sick aunt is Mayoi, wouldn't Shizune and Hideaki go with Akira and Lilly? It's not like the trip has been concealed from them in any way.

Still, I think she's alive somewhere. Maybe well, maybe not. Possibly in a relationship with Misha's mother. (Wouldn't that be hilarious?)
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

bhtooefr wrote:Yeah, I'm going with something at least vaguely based on dewelar's headcanon on that. Mayoi's still alive, but she's a lesbian who left Jigoro, and that's also why Jigoro is trying to compensate for something.

This also has follow-on effects for how Lilly, Shizune, and Misha interact with one another and with Mayoi.
That headcanon is way too comical for me to swallow :lol:

If she did left, Shizune and/or Hideaki can and would talk about her at least once in her route--which didn't happen.

'Mayoi being dead' follows my other headcanon where Jigoro--behind his 'tough' outlook--would secretly and silently cry alone to a picture of Mayoi he kept, asking what should he do and how lost he is in raising their children alone.

SHII-HAEL!
brythain

Post by brythain »

NekoDude wrote:Unfortunately, this falls apart a little on logical examination. If the sick aunt is Mayoi, wouldn't Shizune and Hideaki go with Akira and Lilly? It's not like the trip has been concealed from them in any way.
Headcanon (but not quite 'After The Dream' headcanon):

I believe Mayoi was ill and it's something that was genetic as well as cancerous. When she left Jigoro, Jigoro in his 'manliness' just removed the red paint from his grave marker to indicate she was gone, and that's all Shizune and Hideaki knew; Shizune was about 7yo and Hideaki only 1yo. Mayoi's deal was that her brother's daughter Akira (16 at that time, precocious and still studying in Japan) would help Jigoro look after Hideaki (which is why she's always taking him out etc, and seems perfectly at home with Jigoro). Jigoro would let Akira and Lilly live with them while they were still in school somewhere nearby.

Shizune and Hideaki were never told the truth. This is why Akira and Lilly are acting so shiftily just before they fly up to Scotland. They're going to the deathbed of Mayoi Satou; S & H think it's some other aunt, perhaps on Lilly's mother's side. The Satous are of course 'not family' in some respects, and Lilly's mother's side would have no particular interest to them. Jigoro will continue acting as if she were always dead, while perhaps mourning her true death in private. And Mayoi herself was adamant that her children not know she was still alive, because she's always felt guilty. She had a soft spot for Akira in particular, who looked after Hideaki and reported faithfully to her aunt on his progress.
Last edited by brythain on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

But when Hisao visits Shizune's home, she rarely discuss about her mother and covers mostly about her father and brother which--to me--strikes me pretty odd.
She doesn't discuss her father or brother until you meet them either and avoids mentioning Lilly is related to her until she doesn't have any choice in the matter. That doesn't mean any of them are dead.
Not Dead Yet
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Oddball wrote:
But when Hisao visits Shizune's home, she rarely discuss about her mother and covers mostly about her father and brother which--to me--strikes me pretty odd.
She doesn't discuss her father or brother until you meet them either and avoids mentioning Lilly is related to her until she doesn't have any choice in the matter. That doesn't mean any of them are dead.
^^ This
brythain wrote:I totally agree with this! But Hideaki is about 7 years younger, I think. So Shizune was just about in primary school.

I could have sworn Hideaki wasn't that much younger than Shizune. He looks to me to be about 14 to 15-ish
I also draw, kind of.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Oddball wrote: She doesn't discuss her father or brother until you meet them either and avoids mentioning Lilly is related to her until she doesn't have any choice in the matter. That doesn't mean any of them are dead.
The moment she brought him to the family, she discussed about them.

But there was no mention of her mother--Shizune implicitly implied there is three, and has always been three in the Hakamichi as far as she can remember, and that led me to believe that Mayoi had long passed away. It's not that she doesn't want to talk about her--she's love to, considering how much she covers about her family during the visit--but it is more of she can't.

SHII-HAEL!