The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Khalego

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Khalego »

bhtooefr wrote:The main Satou home is in either Natori or Iwanuma, and the summer home is in Hakodate. (Lilly's route, at least as of 1.1, is a bit of a mess in this regard, though.)

Lilly went to Sendai Shirayuri (on the opposite side of Sendai, but hey...) for junior high. Akira went there for both junior high and high school.

This is canon, but I need to state it to build the next part of my headcanon: the Ibarazaki home is in Sendai itself. Emi's accident was in 1999. Lilly's parents left the country in 2001. Also, Lilly and Akira are both depicted as, ah, appreciating ethanol quite a lot. (Yes, I'm going to start that flamewar again.)

Now, for the headcanon: Emi's accident and Lilly's parents leaving Japan are related, and the real reason they left was because they couldn't stall a wrongful death conviction of some sort any more. They literally fled the country.
Your headcanon is bad and you should feel bad. :(
SpunkySix wrote:...it isn't? :shock:
It totally is. I'm pretty sure Sakuya is Rin's take on Hanako and Orochi is Nomiya. Susano is clearly the blind art club kid, what with the being actually pretty terrible at what he does but still going for it all the time anyway.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Atario

Post by Atario »

Khalego wrote:toque blanches
Huh. Today I learned what those things are called.
brythain wrote:My headcanon is that Emi's father was a cop who got taken out in the crossfire during a Family dispute. Miki's father was a detective who decided to do something not quite legal and died for it. Yamaku is actually sponsored by Families, who use it as an honourable way of taking care of the dependants on all sides if they need special care. Since all the kids come from broadly similar backgrounds, they tend to end up staying in touch if they're within the same region. It's like some kind of parochial school, but not quite on the side of the angels. :D
Wait… what? You mean capital-F Families as in organized crime? Or am I reading too much into that capitalization and "on all sides" and "not quite on the side of the angels"? :?
bhtooefr wrote:Emi's accident and Lilly's parents leaving Japan are related, and the real reason they left was because they couldn't stall a wrongful death conviction of some sort any more. They literally fled the country.
Intriguing, but then shouldn't Emi hate Lilly with a seething white-hot intensity? Or at least be super awkward around her? Also, wouldn't only the driver be in legal jeopardy?
Khalego wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:...it isn't? :shock:
It totally is. I'm pretty sure Sakuya is Rin's take on Hanako and Orochi is Nomiya. Susano is clearly the blind art club kid, what with the being actually pretty terrible at what he does but still going for it all the time anyway.
Having searched the thread for anything like this and failing, it is now my headcanon that this was meant for a PM and now we're all a party to something deeply seedy and untoward.

#####

More headcanon, fire away!

→ Miki is a bit of a sports nut. She follows multiple professional sports leagues, watches the games on TV, bets on games sometimes, etc.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:
brythain wrote:My headcanon is that Emi's father was a cop who got taken out in the crossfire during a Family dispute. Miki's father was a detective who decided to do something not quite legal and died for it. Yamaku is actually sponsored by Families, who use it as an honourable way of taking care of the dependants on all sides if they need special care. Since all the kids come from broadly similar backgrounds, they tend to end up staying in touch if they're within the same region. It's like some kind of parochial school, but not quite on the side of the angels. :D
Wait… what? You mean capital-F Families as in organized crime? Or am I reading too much into that capitalization and "on all sides" and "not quite on the side of the angels"? :?
Aha… clearly you've not read a certain mosaic novel (it wasn't supposed to be one) in the fanfic section. One of its epilogue scenes takes place with rings of Family guardsmen forming a protective perimeter around Mount Aoba in Sendai. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Atario wrote: Are you about to enlighten me that acting like an insulting asshole, making one's children's lives hell, and carrying around a katana are three dead-common activities amongst dads in modern Japan?
Does Shizune and Hideaki complains about Living with Jigoro? No? I don't think their life is hell--just Hisao.

Insulting you when you visit? Normal. Very normal--I can say tame even. When I visit my girlfriend's house two months ago for the first time, her father took me to his study room to show his prized armor and a Naginata before talking about my own plans in the future. There's another world outside the US where you're not allowed to go totting guns everywhere and parents are not this submissive thing that you discard to house cares when you grow old.

As long as they're alive here, they have authority over you. And if they want to measure you whether or not you're on qualify to trot along with their daughter, it's the most nerve-wracking thing you can experience and it all depends how well you cope with it--almost like a measure of strength.

They soften up in time, don't worry.
Last edited by Megumeru on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Megumeru wrote:In an odd reverse-headcanon...

When the characters are exposed to something they really-really like (e.g. for the fun of it, a VN of 'us')...
Does... does that mean I can finally fulfill my dream of being Bestgirl?
Oscar Wildecat wrote:Another bit of personal headcanon:
--Emi is fond of the roadrunner. The roadrunner is blue -- Emi's favorite color -- and is a fast runner.
Didn't Emi used to go running with her Dad?

What if this was a game they used to play whilst running, he would pretend to be Wile E. Coyote and she would pretend to be the Roadrunner?
I can imagine that, Young!Emi's running around shouting "meep meep!" and blowing her tongue at him. Emi's Dad is chasing her, keeping himself slow enough to make her feel like she's really fast, and falling into imaginary traps Emi lays for him.

They're just really having fun in the city park.
:'I
Rhodri wrote:Anyway, some mean head canon.
[Alzheimers.txt].
That picture gave me the feelsies before....
Now it gives me double the feels.
God damnit :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Munchenhausen wrote:What if this was a game they used to play whilst running, he would pretend to be Wile E. Coyote and she would pretend to be the Roadrunner?
I can imagine that, Young!Emi's running around shouting "meep meep!" and blowing her tongue at him. Emi's Dad is chasing her, keeping himself slow enough to make her feel like she's really fast, and falling into imaginary traps Emi lays for him.

I love this! Headcanon status: Likely!
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Rhodri wrote:Anyway, some mean head canon.
[Alzheimers.txt].
That picture gave me the feelsies before....
Now it gives me double the feels.
God damnit :lol:
You know what just clicked in my head to make it even worse? Hisao gets Vascular Dementia. Its caused by damage to the blood vessels in the brain...which in turn is partly triggered by damage caused by heart attacks. The dementia effects the brain to the point where it can't regulate his already defective heart properly and he dies like my Naana did - heart failure in her sleep. Now I'm being extremely cruel to myself and everyone around me, but at the same time its kinda brilliant in a storytelling sense - he might have overcome the physical limitation of his condition to lead a long happy life, but it still indirectly kills him.

Oh, and the Road Runner theory - love it.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

dewelar wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:What if this was a game they used to play whilst running, he would pretend to be Wile E. Coyote and she would pretend to be the Roadrunner?

I love this! Headcanon status: Likely!
You sunk my heart ship!
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Atario

Post by Atario »

Megumeru wrote:Does Shizune and Hideaki complains about Living with Jigoro? No?
What makes you think they would?
I don't think their life is hell
Having one's only parent refuse to accommodate one's disability is pretty hellish.
Insulting you when you visit? Normal. Very normal--I can say tame even. When I visit my girlfriend's house two months ago for the first time, her father took me to his study room to show his prized armor and a Naginata before talking about my own plans in the future.
How is that insulting?
There's another world outside the US where you're not allowed to go totting guns everywhere and parents are not this submissive thing that you discard to house cares when you grow old.
Ah, there it is, the whataboutism.

I love this so much, it hurts me to admit the unlikelihood of it.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Atario wrote:

I love this so much, it hurts me to admit the unlikelihood of it.
It's headcanon, so believing as many as six unlikely things before breakfast is perfectly fine :D.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
brythain

Post by brythain »

Now I know why I think there are at least five classes in each level. We know there are four classrooms on one side of the corridor, 3-1 to 3-4. But in Shizune's route, after they observe Misha taking supplementary lessons, they sneak into the classroom directly across the hallway. So there's at least one other classroom there, and I'll assume there is a class to go with it...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Atario wrote:
Megumeru wrote:Insulting you when you visit? Normal. Very normal--I can say tame even. When I visit my girlfriend's house two months ago for the first time, her father took me to his study room to show his prized armor and a Naginata before talking about my own plans in the future.
How is that insulting?
It's more along the lines of indirectly threatening. Like a father in the Southern U.S cleaning his shotgun when the boyfriend comes to visit.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Yuuko deliberately hints at her past relationship being with Kenji only to hide the reality that it was actually with Jigoro whose unstable attitude and constant outbursts led to her being the fidgety accident-prone endlessly-apologetic mess that she is now.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Oscar Wildecat wrote: Another bit of personal headcanon:
--Emi is fond of the roadrunner. The roadrunner is blue -- Emi's favorite color -- and is a fast runner. :)
So the next time Hisao sees Emi out at the start line, he shouldn't be surprised if she cocks her head slightly to one side before, blowing a rasberry, she utters that immortal sound:

"Beep-beep!"

And takes off down the track? :D
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Steinherz wrote:
Atario wrote:
Megumeru wrote:Insulting you when you visit? Normal. Very normal--I can say tame even. When I visit my girlfriend's house two months ago for the first time, her father took me to his study room to show his prized armor and a Naginata before talking about my own plans in the future.
How is that insulting?
It's more along the lines of indirectly threatening. Like a father in the Southern U.S cleaning his shotgun when the boyfriend comes to visit.
Thank you! It's nice to know someone actually understands.

Either it's my lack of proficiency in English or it's been falling into deaf ears, since most of it the 'response' feels like this:

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
Munchenhausen wrote:
Megumeru wrote:In an odd reverse-headcanon...

When the characters are exposed to something they really-really like (e.g. for the fun of it, a VN of 'us')...
Does... does that mean I can finally fulfill my dream of being Bestgirl?
Somewhere out there--in an alternate universe--we're already bestgirl to someone else :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story