Types of emotional reactions to KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AaronIsCrunchy

Re: Types of emotional reactions to KS

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

XcaaaL wrote:
Do you mind giving a list of the better fanfics? I'd rather get the opinion of someone who's been here a while then launch myself of the deep-end.
For Want Of A Nail - http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7140 (Misha)
Akira Pseudo Route - http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7113
Emi in Wonderland - http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9208
Any of brythain's 'After The Dream' series. - http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9474 (Emi one posted, but all are available through links on there)'
Those are my favourites :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Weekend at Hisao's Shizune epilogue
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

THERE'S A GODDAMN FANFICTION LIBRARY ON THIS FORUM, ALL ENTRIES WERE SENT TO ME BY OTHER MEMBERS, THEREFORE THEY ARE ALL RECOMENDED BY SOMEONE!

I can also PM a personal recomendation list if you'd like.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

Comrade wrote:I can also PM a personal recomendation list if you'd like.
Sure, if that's not too much to ask.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

XcaaaL wrote:
Comrade wrote:I can also PM a personal recomendation list if you'd like.
Sure, if that's not too much to ask.
Technically asking for anything will get you banned.

so beware
An American, 2014
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

XcaaaL wrote:Do you mind giving a list of the better fanfics? I'd rather get the opinion of someone who's been here a while then launch myself of the deep-end.
You'd rather limit yourself to what others say you should read rather than finding out what you like on your own? That's silly...Besides, the deep end is fun.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

so beware
Ummm...no. There's at least one fanfic-recommendation thread here where this exact question was asked and nobody got banned/warned. The "no requests" rule is not about this.
You'd rather limit yourself to what others say you should read rather than finding out what you like on your own? That's silly...Besides, the deep end is fun.
There's a crazy amount of threads in the fanfic folder. I don't think it's that weird to be asking for some nice places to start.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Guest Poster wrote:

so beware
Ummm...no. There's at least one fanfic-recommendation thread here where this exact question was asked and nobody got banned/warned. The "no requests" rule is not about this.
Note i was referring to him asking me to send him a list on a public topic. A PM would do.
An American, 2014
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

XcaaaL wrote:
Do you mind giving a list of the better fanfics? I'd rather get the opinion of someone who's been here a while then launch myself of the deep-end.
But the deep end is fun. The first story I read was actually fairly horrible, but I still liked it because it was the first story. Then I found better ones. The hunt is all part of the game.
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

Six months have passed since 24 February 2014, a day forever etched into the silicon memory of my computer. It was on that day that my relentless onslaught on the keyboard began, as I desperately tried to rid myself of KS-instigated feels by the time-honoured custom of purging oneself through writing.

It has not been a success. The more I write about the characters, the more I learn more about them from the community here. I learn how people can see things one way, and also another. I see how people can be hurtful while really not intending to be. All of us are damaged. It was KS that made us really think about that idea.

Now, if you'll excuse me, Yuuko and Kenji are knocking at my door. I think they want to tell me something else.

Once you encounter KS, they never really go away, those characters...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

brythain wrote:Once you encounter KS, they never really go away, those characters...
This sentence sums up how I feel. I've held the game off since 2012 since I'm not one to give into hype. But I eventually caved and played it. Now I can't shake the feels.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

XcaaaL wrote:I'm not one to give into hype.
In a way, you are giving in to hype, just in the opposite direction. And a sign of all good stories is that the world and characters linger.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

Khalego wrote:
XcaaaL wrote:I'm not one to give into hype.
In a way, you are giving in to hype, just in the opposite direction. And a sign of all good stories is that the world and characters linger.
Hmm. I never knew about the hype aversion thing. And I totally agree.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I am the only one who don't cares about hype ? :? I love what I love, I don't cares if it's mainstream, overused, underground or even marginal.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

Zarys wrote:I am the only one who don't cares about hype ? :? I love what I love, I don't cares if it's mainstream, overused, underground or even marginal.
No. It may not have even been the hype that put me off. I just never got around to playing it until now, I guess.