Types of emotional reactions to KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Types of emotional reactions to KS

Post by Munchenhausen »

d2r wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:the
Well said, Munchenhausen. Well said.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
d2r

Post by d2r »

Munchenhausen wrote:
d2r wrote:
[image]
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Munchenhausen wrote:
d2r wrote:
[HE BE DRUNK.jpg]
There have been two images on this site that have legitimately made me laugh: this and this sexyness
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
There have been two images on this site that have legitimately made me laugh: this and this sexyness
Oh god not THAT again, almost fell off my chair when I first saw that :lol:
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

ogorhan wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:
Oh god not THAT again, almost fell off my chair when I first saw that :lol:
I should start selling it as an antidepressant.

Just eat a pill and you get a bunch of visions of sexy, sexy oh-so-sexy horrifying Misha that somehow make you laugh.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

I played this for the first time the other day, and this was also my first VN so I feel weird right now. I can't really describe the feeling although I get butterflies when thinking about this game for some reason and it's weirding me out a little. I enjoyed playing the game and like one of the other guys Emi took my waifu virginity though not entirely due to me outright choosing her, just a lucky accident I guess. But when I play this game it's like an emotional roller-coaster. Happy at some parts and sad at others with some other emotions in between. I kinda wish I can go back before I played this so I can experience it all over again, because this has been a pretty weird experience for me. The only scene in the entire game that makes me feel like I'm playing again for the first time is when first meeting Rin and Parity kicks in. Something's just so beautiful about that song.

With that being said, I've almost completed all of the paths and I'm a bit sad that I'm almost finished. Similar to another guy, I just feel empty and that there needs to be more. Maybe I should just stop playing...This game is messing me up.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

XcaaaL wrote: With that being said, I've almost completed all of the paths and I'm a bit sad that I'm almost finished. Similar to another guy, I just feel empty and that there needs to be more. Maybe I should just stop playing...This game is messing me up.
Katawa Shoujo was the Main Attraction... The forums and the rest of the fanbase is the rest of the Amusement Park ;)
Might I suggest trawling through the fanart and Fanfics, especially the Pseudo-routes if you're craving the alleged "more that ne'er were".
Suzu's pseudoroute is pretty much accepted as a legit unofficial route. Yes, I know that makes no sense. :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

Munchenhausen wrote:
XcaaaL wrote: With that being said, I've almost completed all of the paths and I'm a bit sad that I'm almost finished. Similar to another guy, I just feel empty and that there needs to be more. Maybe I should just stop playing...This game is messing me up.
Katawa Shoujo was the Main Attraction... The forums and the rest of the fanbase is the rest of the Amusement Park ;)
Might I suggest trawling through the fanart and Fanfics, especially the Pseudo-routes if you're craving the alleged "more that ne'er were".
Yeah. I guess I'm just a bit sad that this is the first and last time I get to experience anything in the Katawa Shoujo universe. So much untapped potential. I guess that's what fan stuff is for.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

XcaaaL wrote:last time I get to experience anything in the Katawa Shoujo universe
Are you unable to read fanfiction? All of it is within the Katawa Shoujo universe.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Fanfiction is sexy as fuck yo, literally gives you steady injections of ks related drugs to keep your high going.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

Khalego wrote:
XcaaaL wrote:last time I get to experience anything in the Katawa Shoujo universe
Are you unable to read fanfiction? All of it is within the Katawa Shoujo universe.
Well, yeah. I mean like in the form of another game. Probably should have made that clear. Fan fic is cool though.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Fanfiction is sexy as fuck yo, literally gives you steady injections of ks related drugs to keep your high going.
It's like a nicotine patch, but with more waifu and less nicotine.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Fanfiction is sexy as fuck yo, literally gives you steady injections of ks related drugs to keep your high going.
So I looked at the fanfics...And they're awesome. Especially when you have the OST and play the song along with the text, makes it that much better. They should add some of the better fan fics to the game or add some art for them. That would be the cherry on top of the cake. Sweet, delicious cake.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

XcaaaL wrote:
So I looked at the fanfics...And they're awesome. Especially when you have the OST and play the song along with the text, makes it that much better. They should add some of the better fan fics to the game or add some art for them. That would be the cherry on top of the cake. Sweet, delicious cake.
While the fanfics are awesome, they will never make it into the game for reasons the dev have said 12323432 times already.

And art is entirely down to us as fans to make, if you really need a fanart fix though, go to http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/ Which is the ks fanart hub, currently sporting 3821 pictures.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
XcaaaL wrote:
While the fanfics are awesome, they will never make it into the game for reasons the dev have said 12323432 times already.

And art is entirely down to us as fans to make, if you really need a fanart fix though, go to http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/ Which is the ks fanart hub, currently sporting 3821 pictures.
Do you mind giving a list of the better fanfics? I'd rather get the opinion of someone who's been here a while then launch myself of the deep-end.