Types of emotional reactions to KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

notanymore

Re: Types of emotional reactions to KS

Post by notanymore »

Well that's one of the amazing things about music, it can transmit so many feelings and emotions, just like Nietzsche said "Without music, life would be a mistake"

After reading and reading a lot I want to play the Rin's path but I know that if I play the game again I will get depress, the urge is too much...can't resist...
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

KeiichiO wrote:I'm pretty sure it was mostly the music that made me break down and cry.
Agreed. Coupled with the excellent writing from the team, the music just makes you lie down in the fetal position and cry because it is so good. I like the song "Three Stars" for feels.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

XcaaaL wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:I'm pretty sure it was mostly the music that made me break down and cry.
Agreed. Coupled with the excellent writing from the team, the music just makes you lie down in the fetal position and cry because it is so good. I like the song "Three Stars" for feels.
Painful History and, to a lesser extent, Cold Iron. Cold Iron is the non-route-specific "you dun fuckd up, Hisao" song, and Painful History decides to play at just the most feelsy times to make it even more feelsy.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

ParagonTerminus wrote:Painful History and, to a lesser extent, Cold Iron. Cold Iron is the non-route-specific "you dun fuckd up, Hisao" song, and Painful History decides to play at just the most feelsy times to make it even more feelsy.
Painful History is another one that tugs on my heartstrings. It's so beautiful, yet very melancholic. It's also the theme for arguably the most feels-inducing girl, so that's a thing.
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

KeiichiO wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:Painful History and, to a lesser extent, Cold Iron. Cold Iron is the non-route-specific "you dun fuckd up, Hisao" song, and Painful History decides to play at just the most feelsy times to make it even more feelsy.
Painful History is another one that tugs on my heartstrings. It's so beautiful, yet very melancholic. It's also the theme for arguably the most feels-inducing girl, so that's a thing.
Painful History gives off a "hurting inside" vibe which perfectly complements Hanako and I like it, though I'm more of a "Happy" feels kind of person. Which is why tracks like Innocence, Three Stars and Romance in Andante II appeal more to me I guess. No one can deny the power of Parity though. It's just so good.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

KeiichiO wrote:
After rebuilding all of my emotional defenses once more I can safely say that Painful History is the only track that gets me easily. Everytime I hear the first notes I freeze. I do feel something similar with the beggining of Concord though. OH and Raindrops and Puddles. That fucking guitar solo. I can feel my heart tighten the same way it does in PH, it's so intense.

The Student Council fills me with nostalgia somehow, the same with Shool Days.

Parity is just great, I need an extended version. Breathlessly, Romance in Andante I and II, Letting my Heart Speak and Wiosna are just beautiful tracks that I love to listen to.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

LordMarluxia wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
After rebuilding all of my emotional defenses once more I can safely say that Painful History is the only track that gets me easily. Everytime I hear the first notes I freeze. I do feel something similar with the beggining of Concord though. OH and Raindrops and Puddles. That fucking guitar solo. I can feel my heart tighten the same way it does in PH, it's so intense.

The Student Council fills me with nostalgia somehow, the same with Shool Days.

Parity is just great, I need an extended version. Breathlessly, Romance in Andante I and II, Letting my Heart Speak and Wiosna are just beautiful tracks that I love to listen to.
I forgot Letting my Heart Speak. That's a good one. Wiosna needs to be extended, it's only like 1 minute and 30 seconds. Another good one is Aria de I'Etoile.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Yeah Painfull history is just too painfull to listen to :cry: (in a good way ofcourse) and also Moment of decision, those two songs make me teary eyed every time.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Atario

Post by Atario »

I forget where I heard it, but it was said that "Painful History" is Hanako's theme song, but "Raindrops And Puddles" is her happy-song. Something like that.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Atario wrote:I forget where I heard it, but it was said that "Painful History" is Hanako's theme song, but "Raindrops And Puddles" is her happy-song. Something like that.
Painful History is indeed Hanako's theme, but I don't recall ever seeing 'Raindrops and Puddles' being referred to as her "happy theme". I, personally, always attributed it with Rin.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

KeiichiO wrote:
Atario wrote:I forget where I heard it, but it was said that "Painful History" is Hanako's theme song, but "Raindrops And Puddles" is her happy-song. Something like that.
Painful History is indeed Hanako's theme, but I don't recall ever seeing 'Raindrops and Puddles' being referred to as her "happy theme". I, personally, always attributed it with Rin.
Well, listen to Painfull History and Raindrops and Puddles back to back. Does it sound similar? That's because it uses the same chord progression (or something, haven't studied music in a while), only in different tunings. RaP is higher or something like that.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

LordMarluxia wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Well, listen to Painfull History and Raindrops and Puddles back to back. Does it sound similar? That's because it uses the same chord progression (or something, haven't studied music in a while), only in different tunings. RaP is higher or something like that.
Many songs use the same chord progression. That doesn't mean they're all the same song.
XcaaaL

Post by XcaaaL »

LordMarluxia wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure the melody of Raindrops and Puddles is reused somewhere in Painful History but slightly changed.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Without the music, I imagine KS would be a far less effective experience. Of course, some people still decide their own iTunes library is better. Madness...
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

KeiichiO wrote:
I asked about Hanako's "official non-feels" theme it in the Ask thread, and Nicol told me it was Raindrops and Puddles. Too lazy to find it now, but it wasn't overly long ago, not more than maybe 10 pages back.

EDIT: Okay, so on a whim I decided to re-listen to RaP.

OH MY DEAR GOD THE FEELS WHY ARE THEY FLOODING BACK TO ME IT HURTS SO BAD
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.