About Shizune and ... Misha

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kibaro

About Shizune and ... Misha

Post by Kibaro »

**SPOILERS**

So yeah in shizune's route, we know that misha ends up wanting to commit suicide and despite us not knowing that for sure, personally i asume she would've done it if mr. swagervest didn't talked her out of it

my question is, if you take other routes, behind the scenes do you think misha would still end up in that position but without hisao to stop her?, while some would say that misha got there BECAUSE of shizune x hisao, if i remember corectly it was also (and more) because the way shizune was towards misha, always competing and everything only student council related and misha got fed up with that attitude, i may be wrong so feel free to corect me

anyway, any thoughts on this? :)
Guest Poster

Re: About Shizune and ... Misha

Post by Guest Poster »

First of all, if you're already spoilering stuff, there's no need to also write it in miniature font. In fact, there's no need to write it in miniature font regardless since I either have to rub noses with my screen or copy-paste the whole thing into Notepad to read it. Both actions are a bit much to be expecting from others.

As for Shizune and Misha...I personally believe their relationship is a ticking time bomb that would have gone off at some point, with or without Hisao's existence. Sooner or later, the upcoming graduation would have set it off even if the Student Council would have remained a duo. After all, that would have been the point where the two would separate and Shizune being the compartmentalized thinker that she is would still have failed to say the things to Misha that she needed to hear.

I don't think Misha would have taken her own life. Many people go through heartbreak each day and most of them eventually grow out of it.

That said, Hisao triggering the crisis "prematurely" probably helped solve it since there was still time to solve it. (and Hisao was able to act as a mediator) Without Hisao around, the falling-out might not have taken place until right before graduation with Shizune and Misha being separated before they had the time to properly repair their relationship. It might not be quite as bad as the bad ending, but they'd still end up not really interacting. Kind of a normal ending.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Every girl would inevitably run into the same problems with or without Hisao because the problems are not about Hisao. His presence just expedites everything. Whether or not they would still successfully navigate through these problems is a question best answered by fanfiction.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:Every girl would inevitably run into the same problems with or without Hisao because the problems are not about Hisao. His presence just expedites everything. Whether or not they would still successfully navigate through these problems is a question best answered by fanfiction.
And even then, those are guesses, I might add.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

yeah i was just curious what you guys thought :) , when the thought of bbye misha because noone was there to help her (like i said, i think she would've done it) hit me i got a bit despressed, because no more bubblyness:(
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Misha is in that situation because of Hisao and Shizune's relationship. If he hadn't come along, things would likely have continued to the end of the school year and graduation, and who knows where they'd have gone then? They would likely have gone their separate ways, and Misha would have been forced in a rather less upsetting way to come to terms with the fact that Shizune just doesn't like her like that.

As for whether she'd have actually done it? No, almost certainly not. You can be depressed, you can wish you were dead, you can even tell other people you wish you were dead, but actually going through with it is something else entirely. Every single day I have easy access to tall buildings, subway trains, bridges, sharp knives and poison that I could just use to end it, and I don't.

"No more bubblyness"?? That is a facade she's put on to mask and cope with her pain.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

metalangel wrote:"No more bubblyness"?? That is a facade she's put on to mask and cope with her pain.
I often wonder exactly what she's like without that. I mean, she's exaggerating obviously, but it's not all fake, is it?
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
metalangel wrote:"No more bubblyness"?? That is a facade she's put on to mask and cope with her pain.
I often wonder exactly what she's like without that. I mean, she's exaggerating obviously, but it's not all fake, is it?
Certainly not. She seemed plenty bubbly in that one photo of her before the drills.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Certainly not. She seemed plenty bubbly in that one photo of her before the drills.
That's a good point. She does look pretty happy there, in a giggly sort of way.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Misha would probably be fine, I mean really, unrequited love is so damn common if everyone commited suicide over it we'd literally be a billion less.

No hisao:
Clung to shizune like glue, remain long distance friends, gets over her (Eventually)

With Hisao:
Realises how fruitless her actions are, finds someone else, forgets about shizune, but remains friends. (Faster than No Hisao)

Thats my thoughts.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

And now, Misha forces that side of her personality to the forefront, to the detriment of her interpreting for Shizune and annoyance of everyone else.

The WAHAHA? moment is her uncomfortably watching it fail to cope with every situation.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

My interpretation is that Misha never actually wanted to commit suicide. Rather, she was being manipulative in order to get sympathy from Hisao.

No, I can't point to any clear proof. I will point out that it well-established that Misha is willing to be duplicitous in order to elicit emotional responses from others -- i.e., her whole super-bubbly persona.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I don't think she wanted to commit suicide either. She was just really really depressed and Hisao took it a bit too far.
There are times in the game when you interact with Misha without Shizune around, and she comes across as much more quiet and subdued. She's still usually cheerful and her personality is intact for the most part, but she's much less in your face about it.

Basically "Misha" feels like "Shiina" cranked up an extra four or five notches.
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oddball wrote:Basically "Misha" feels like "Shiina" cranked up an extra four or five notches.
I wish we got to see more canon Shiina. Not even as a romantic option, just as a person.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Oddball wrote: There are times in the game when you interact with Misha without Shizune around, and she comes across as much more quiet and subdued. She's still usually cheerful and her personality is intact for the most part, but she's much less in your face about it.
She might act over the top whenever Shizune is around, consciously or unconsciously trying to put on a show for Shizune's benefit about how the whole sorry thing isn't bothering her in the slightest. (but it's not a facade, of course not, what do I know? you guys...)